Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U18s set for title (ed. Champions)

Comments

• That seals it! @joshuaumerah collects the ball on the left and flicks into the path of Brandon Hanlan to score! | 2-0 #CAFCU18sLive
  • edited April 2015
    2-0 hanlon .... 3-0 laps lie the end
  • Brilliant. Into the national final.
  • GOOOAAAAALLLL GOAL GOAL GOAL!!! | 3-0 #CAFCU18sLive
  • 90+5' Actually - that seals it! Substitute @GeorgeLapslie rounds things off with a lovely right-footed finish. | 3-0 #CAFCU18sLive
  • FULL TIME: Charlton U18s 3 @Official_NFFC 0. We're into the national play-off final! Well done @CAFC_TheAcademy. #CAFCU18sLive
  • Brilliant! Where's the final held?
  • This team is bloody good
  • Just got back excellent game and fully deserved against a big powerful Forest team. I also enjoyed the few words with Gary Brazil who wouldn't stop moaning for the whole game. I would like to see the birth certificates of the Forest players.
  • edited April 2015
    Three superbly taken goals paid back in the best possible way a very physical Forest team. One after the other Charlton players caught the eye - what a marvellous group, unbelievably rich in promise, and the football as fresh as the Spring day itself. Valley Gold for me next - so proud of our players. And they're not just talented - the many occasions when players needed treatment were being repaid in kind by the end by a team full of character.
  • Sponsored links:

• A very proud Addick having seen that today. Three excellent goals in a match that could have gone either way. We had 3 booked for time wasting and near the end. Umerah could have been sent off, but ref played on and presumably forgot who committed the foul. Can see how we lost 3-0 to them at their place earlier on in the season.

Lots to enjoy. Surprisingly I thought Regan played not as well as he does for the under 21's. Umerah is a lump with a lethal shot (saw the last two games before this as well). Hanlan has good control and speed and Lookman the speed and skills to make things happen. Bone was a real leader in the middle and Mitov done what was necessary at the right times, but not sure he was fouled for their disallowed first half goal.

I must have been near you Dick. What a couple of charm merchants Brazil and Jack Lester were. Enjoyed seeing the Forest fans reactions with the late goals, they were very vocal.
  • edited April 2015
    Just got home, via Sainsbury's ( :-1: ) - reiterate everything said above. Thought we would finish a deserved 1-0, but two late goals sealed it.

Hats off to the players and their management and well supported by friends and family. Well supported by friends and family. I can understand why @DickPlumb likes watching the U18's. Mitov looks an excellent prospect, made a couple of crucial saves.

I thought it was a two leh semi but realise now we are in the final, hopefully against Brentford and its in London.

Hope that the final will have some of the 1st team and board in attendance too.

I have a new camera, so if any good will upload some pics later.
  • Brentford or Huddersfield I understand.
  • Huddersfield host Brentford on Monday afternoon 2pm KO.
  • dickplumb said:

Just got back excellent game and fully deserved against a big powerful Forest team. I also enjoyed the few words with Gary Brazil who wouldn't stop moaning for the whole game. I would like to see the birth certificates of the Forest players.

Were they as big as Young Gomez?
  • Gerry McDonagh: D.O.B. 14-02-1998
  • Gerry McDonagh: D.O.B. 14-02-1998

I ain't having that. He was the biggest out of the lot.
  • Good team performance but I can't say that anyone caught my eye as a real individual prospect. Archie Edwards maybe. Yao and Konsa were sound at centre back. Possibly Mitov, although I think he came for a ball he couldn't reach when they had their goal harshly disallowed. Hanlon and Umerah are big and strong and took their goals well but I'm not sure if they've got quite enough.
  • What did you make of Sam Bone, not 17 until late August?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

What did you make of Sam Bone, not 17 until late August?

I thought he was quite solid without being outstanding. Neat and tidy.
  • He saw a lot of the ball and used it pretty well. He has a shot on him too. I hadn't realised he was that young.
  • As others say, Bone got a lot of the ball and generally used it well, although in the first half was a bit sloppy at times. Seems comfortable with both feet though.

He was the most defensive out of our midfield three, and helped out the centre backs in dealing with their two strikers.

I thought out two centre backs were very good, Konsa in particular caught the eye. Got a great leap on him and won almost everything in the air, even against their 35 year old target man.

First time I've seen the u18s, but from what I could tell, Edwards is probably the one to watch. Calm and composed, got forward well and not afraid of a crunching tackle or putting his head in where it hurts. One of those players who just looks a complete natural.
  • Thank you to all those who watched the game and let us know about our players
  • Edwards is an outstanding prospect, but Barnes at RB impressed me as well. I was glad Hanlon scored because he always works so hard for the team. There is a great team spirit in this team, the way they help each other out is a joy to behold.
  • Edwards is an outstanding prospect, but Barnes at RB impressed me as well. I was glad Hanlon scored because he always works so hard for the team. There is a great team spirit in this team, the way they help each other out is a joy to behold.

I thought that too and it helped them combating the strength of the Forest players, even though they were frequently knocked off the ball, there was always a player there to mop up.
  • edited April 2015
    is the final two legs, if so hope it's Hudds, just love going there :smile:

also thanks lads for comments and pics

• For me Aaron Barnes was the most frequent eye-catcher. Like all his colleagues prone to the odd mistake (would be strange if it were otherwise) but they all just shake it off and try again and never give up. Great positivity in the whole team's DNA, and they were unflinching in the face of constant intimidation. More games possible at The Valley ?