Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U18s set for title (ed. Champions)

Comments

• is the final two legs, if so hope it's Hudds, just love going there :smile:

also thanks lads for comments and pics

Be good if its Huddersfield as didnt they knock our U18s out on pens in the Semis two years ago
  • No it will be a one off game. There seems to be no criteria about whether it is at home or away. The Under 21's won their league two years ago and played their final away at Cardff, who finished behind them in the league.
  • That was an enjoyable game, and what was so good to see was the skill level of the players particularly the Charlton lads. It was far more advanced than I expected for players in 16-18 age range. Also impressed with out coaching staff, even during the game you realised they where still coaching the players in individual issues that showed up.
  • Either I'm going mad or the OS report has messed up the subs. It's only got one for us? We also had a sub in added time who came on wearing a No 23 shirt but that number wasn't listed on the team sheet. Anyone know who it was?
  • cafcfan said:

Either I'm going mad or the OS report has messed up the subs. It's only got one for us? We also had a sub in added time who came on wearing a No 23 shirt but that number wasn't listed on the team sheet. Anyone know who it was?

Thought I would be clever and look at the team sheet, which of course goes from 1 to 16.

23 did come on, I think for Kelly (7).

I think Hudds play Brentford @ 2.00 pm today, so hopefully we'll know opponents, venue and date within a short period of time.
  • cafcfan said:

Either I'm going mad or the OS report has messed up the subs. It's only got one for us? We also had a sub in added time who came on wearing a No 23 shirt but that number wasn't listed on the team sheet. Anyone know who it was?

Chris Millar and George Lapslie came on as Subs.

• Lapslie was 14, according to the team sheet Millar was 12 - who was mystery man 23
  • 23 is Christopher Millar.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

23 is Christopher Millar.

Thanks, Dick, knew we could rely on you!
  • A lot of these boys could be involved at Priestfield on Thursday.
  • edited April 2015
    Have to say, I was in two minds whether to go and watch the boys at the Valley or go see the first team at Birmingham - the journeys are about the same distance/time from where I live. I elected for the last away game of the season at Brum - looks like a very bad call based on the dross up there and the reports from the Valley!
  • "National Final next week",

- hope its not Saturday
  • blimey that Umarah is a unit but a great strike
  • Sponsored links:

• What a ball and finish from the first
  • Kap10 said:

"National Final next week",

- hope its not Saturday

Sadly, I'm told it will be, Kap.....

Let's wait & see what happens in the other game this afternoon.

• blimey that Umarah is a unit but a great strike

Smashed in a similar one against Palace last week !
  • se9addick said:

blimey that Umarah is a unit but a great strike

Smashed in a similar one against Palace last week !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukr18shFSbk
  • What do we know about Simon Clark? He was certainly very vocal and told jack Lester exactly what he thought about forest's physical approach to the game
  • I think it's great that they've given a couple of the lads a chance to go in front of the camera there.
    Obviously, both lads seem a bit nervous, but they carried themselves off very well I thought, with Josh even having a little joke about taking the mic off the interviewer!
    Well done boys. With a bit of luck and a lot of hard work you might find yourself doing those interviews every week in a couple of years!
  • @BrentfordFC: GOOOAL #htafc 1 #brentfordfc 1 - Seth Owens pounces from close range after Tadhg Ryan spills @ZainWestbrooke free-kick
  • Well it us and Brentford in the final. Does any one know when and where.
  • msomerton said:

Well it us and Brentford in the final. Does any one know when and where.

Brentford's site just says "next bank holiday weekend".
    BUT their 1st team is at home too on saturday. Surely they'd want the game in a stadium rather than at a training ground? So, it would be good if it was on the bank holiday Monday wouldn't it? No idea about where - toss of a coin maybe?
  • No news of the final yet ?