Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Galloway

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
Leaving aside politics, were my eyes deceiving me just now or did he wink at the camera when he just got introduced on "Question Time"?

Fookin ell George - what a g*nt!

Comments

• i have so much hatred for this man it astounds even me... candidate for moron of the century if ever there was one
  • But, was it me or did he really wink when he was introduced???

I can't be sure - i've had a few - but I could've sworn he did. Then I though, "Nah, it's Question Time - you would have to be some sort of conceited, self-fulfilling egomaniac twat to do that ........... surely?" ..........................
  • edited February 2008
    Probably.

The mans a complete ________ and thats meant in all of its offensiveness.

As an aside, I'm watching a film called 'just friends' on sky movies. It's 'kin hilarious stoopid comedy, I have a horrible feeling it is going to take a sentimental twist soon though. Check it out lads, you'll love it
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Probably.

The mans a complete CRETIN and thats meant in all of its offensiveness.

As an aside, I'm watching a film called 'just friends' on sky movies. It's 'kin hilarious stoopid comedy, I have a horrible feeling it is going to take a sentimental twist soon though. Check it out lads, you'll love it

I'll stick with Question Time and Stella, if it's al the same bruv!
  • Special brew and cheese here homie.

Soon to be joined in my devils cauldron of a stomach by banana wine.

Woo hoo yip yip yee
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Special brew and cheese here homie.

Soon to be joined in my devils cauldron of a stomach by banana wine.

Woo hoo yip yip yee

HANGOVER ALERT!
  • Oh hell yeah.

Little Nicky now, and it's good shizzle
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Leaving aside politics, were my eyes deceiving me just now or did he wink at the camera when he just got introduced on "Question Time"?

Fookin ell George - what a g*nt!

The man is a complete c**t - who apologises for a terrible bunch of bigots - but he's one of the few politicians who at least makes politics interesting.
  • HATE THE C**T
  • The problem with Galloway is that he can be a very good orator. Talks a load of poisen but is fairly eloquent - 1930s history tell us that there is a good number of very shallow people who fall for it..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Listen to him every week on the radio, as 1905 says, great orator, and very enjoyable listening.

The Neil Warnock of politics.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]The problem with Galloway is that he can be a very good orator. Talks a load of poisen but is fairly eloquent - 1930s history tell us that there is a good number of very shallow people who fall for it..........

True, a very clever man. The way he argued his point with the US committee investigating the oil for Iran deals was brilliant.

His politics and support of detestable people and regimes are, however, abhorrent.
  • This guy has the lowest attendance record of any MP at the House of Commons. In his fight for this seat he played "the racial card" against the lLabour Pm (who was jewish) but gives it billybigbollox that he is an anti racist and calls his "party" Respect !!

" A great orator" like Gobbels + Hitler !!!!
  • a champion to all that is bad in britain
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]a champion to all that is bad in britain

I hear he's the founder member of the UK branch of the Steven Segal fan club though nolly. Membership of 2 apparently.
  • To be fair he did sue the Torygraph for libel, won and then took them for a lot of money in the process.

I find it hard to dislike someone who did that.
  • As long as you don't take him too seriously, he is great fun.
    If you get angry and aggressive towards him, that is what he wants and he's won. He remains calm and gets more and more controversial, you get more and more angry. He loves it!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]This guy has the lowest attendance record of any MP at the House of Commons. In his fight for this seat he played "the racial card" against the lLabour Pm (who was jewish) but gives it billybigbollox that he is an anti racist and calls his "party" Respect !!

" A great orator" like Gobbels + Hitler !!!![/quote]

To be fair, the incumbent MP he beat, Oona King, made herself totally unelectable by being very strongly in favor in her public comments for the Iraq War. The woman's seat was overwhelmingly Muslim so she should probably have either opposed it or kept her gob firmly shut and refused to be drawn on it if she wanted to keep her seat.

Galloway only won by 826 votes so his victory was only possible because of King's crass and very naive politics.
  • "Crass and very naive" or just honest and supporting her party.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"Crass and very naive" or just honest and supporting her party.[/quote]

True Henry, but if she wanted to be honest then she should never have gotten into politics in the first place.....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"Crass and very naive" or just honest and supporting her party.

True Henry, but if she wanted to be honest then she should never have gotten into politics in the first place.....

Very true but the little that I saw of her she came over as a decent local MP
  • Maybe so Henry, problem for her is that she had a massive Muslim population in Tower Hamlets and she backed the invasion of a Muslim country - that's never going to go down well with the punters is it?

All politicians have to defend their base first if they want to survive in the long term and her position on Iraq for an MP with her kind of constituency was akin to an MP from South Yorkshire or South Wales coming out against the Miners Strike in the 80's. Politically suicidal.

Smart move would have been to come out as a moderate anti-war MP and then to come back into the party fold once the disaster unfolded. By taking the option she took she left the gate wide open for a chancer like Galloway or another opportunist to cash in on the anti-war feeling in her constituency.
  • Strange old situation that. Personally, I think oona King was a pretty good local politician - but agree that she should have represented the views of her constituents a bit better. She was obviously toeing the party line because she thought Blair would be able to swing public opinion round in favour of the Iraq war - when that failed, she basically had two choices - either rebel against Blair and doom any chance she ever had of getting a position of any relevance within the Labour party, or tell him to stick it and represent her consituency's viewpoint robustly. The latter would have won her seat safely for her, she chose the former and Galloway - ever the opportunist - stepped in. I'm curious to know though, what exactly is it that people hate about Galloway? To me he seems to be about the only left winger in this country worth listening to. Most of them are Blairite tripemongers like Milliband - who are about as left wing as Goonerhater. At least Galloway has the ability to put his views across eloquently - views, i might add, that have real substance to them, rather than just trotting out a load of soundbites and platitudes.
  • i havbe no real opinion on the man but acting like a cat in brig bruv msade me feel sabit sick in the stomache there was somthing not quite right there but seein as this is a serious thread i will get me coat
  • The thing is Leroy, she could have come out as an opponent of the war without neccesarily destroying her career. Blair actually greatly respected Robin Cook for actually being open all along about his opposition to the war and Cook told him he would resign if Blair backed the war and there were no hard feelings when he did eventually resign because (unlike Claire Short) he was not devious about it and did not slag off the government in the press. King could have done something similar and been back in the fold in a couple of years and kept her seat.

As for Galloway, he is a touch on the odious side which does tend to mask the fact that he does speak very candidly about a lot of the big picture stuff which most other politicians are too afraid to touch. He is a great salesman for George Galloway but some of his antics like the fawning to Saddam were awful and embarrassing.
  • Plus the fact that he comes over as a "Great Britain hater".

He just seems to hate everything about this country and I for one would prefer it if he f*cked back to Scotland and I never had to hear or see him again.
  • His finest moment - skewering a Senate committee that was trying to allege that he'd accepted money from Saddam:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdFFCnYtbk
  • I find him at best entertaining but like all bombasts, believes that if you make your comments forceful enough and repeat them often enough, somehow that makes them right. He accuses everybody else of double standards yet committed the worst of all by toadying to Saddam Hussein.
  • I find myself admiring and detesting Mr Galloway, sometimes simultaneously.

I admire his courage re the Iraq War and the way he battled away against those seeking to smear and discredit him.

However I've also heard him defend Mugabe and his regime even saying on one occasion that Mugabe and his henchmen were justified in seizing farms from their legal owners.