Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U18s set for title (ed. Champions)

Comments

• Tuesday isn't it? I'm going I reckon.
  • seth plum said:

Tuesday isn't it? I'm going I reckon.

Yes. 7 pm kick off.

What's parking like round there?
  • You can get a train from Waterloo, takes about half an hour, getting over there and parking at commuter time might be a bit of a drag.
  • Mum has agreed to letting my son have a late night so we'll be in attendance.

After missing the Kent Cup Final, very much looking forward to this.

Does anyone know the set up if it's a draw? Extra time and pens?
  • HandG said:

Mum has agreed to letting my son have a late night so we'll be in attendance.

Pretty sure it would be, HandG

But something is niggling me & saying it's decided on the toss of a coin....

Surely not ?

• I reckon it's penalties after extra time. I think our Under 18s lost the semi-final last season on penalties, so it would be logical to resolve the final in that way.

If it ends up all square, let's hope we do better than in the JPT Cup. I think the Doc was the only one who scored that rather chilly evening.

Looking forward to this one and to seeing some of the young lads that Dick Plumb and and other Sparrows Lane regulars have been telling us about.
  • Going tonight but could do with the boys doing the business in 90 mins, but of a trek back afterwards !
  • It is likely to be a very interesting and absorbing match well worth attending. See y'all there.
  • oooh i might pop along
  • Sponsored links:

• HandG said:

Mum has agreed to letting my son have a late night so we'll be in attendance.

Pretty sure it would be, HandG

But something is niggling me & saying it's decided on the toss of a coin....

Surely not ?

Toss of the coin Fanny ?

So they won the toss to decide that they had Home advantage.

If there a toss to decide who's won after 90 or 120 Minutes
    That sounds like FA SPIN to me. (Greg Dyke, Big Brentford fan)

• Heard a rumour from my Genk supporting mate of my cousin's uncle's dad's grandson that Mboyo could be the trialist... which is odd as he's only hit our radar recently?

I'm not saying that's true... it may be entirely made up.
  • Traffic is clusterfucked - might be late
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago
    U18 starting XI: Mitov; Barnes, Edwards, Yao, Konsa; Charles-Cook, Bone, Lapslie; Hanlan, Umerah, Lookman. #cafc #MadeInCharlton

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 40s40 seconds ago
    Subs: Beeney, Bokciu, Carey, Maloney, Millar. #cafc #MadeInCharlton
  • I noticed that against Liverpool... Chelsea had a Beeney on the bench themselves, are they both Goalkeeping Brothers?
  • I noticed that against Liverpool... Chelsea had a Beeney on the bench themselves, are they both Goalkeeping Brothers?

Ones a runner, quite stringy

The other one is more broad
  • Great stuff, thanks @tangoflash
  • 1-0 up! Umerah
  • Plenty of complimentary remarks from the Brentford commentators about our players
  • Sponsored links:

• 0-1 HT
  • A deserved lead and we've looked much more dangerous up front. Brentford had more of the ball as the half wore on but have yet to have a meaningful strike at goal.
  • Good finish again from Umerah
  • Is it my broadband?

Is the commentary forward or behind the action?
  • Many thanks for the link; good balanced commentary too.
  • We seem to be taking the Mourinho approach to a 1-0 lead
  • Couple of Brentford players look very tidy
  • We are adopting the 'Bob Peeters' approach in the second half, although Brentford are, to be fair, moving the ball well.
  • Still 1-0 with 5 minutes to go but Brentford are piling on the pressure...
  • Typical Charlton, making hard work of it..................... :neutral: