Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North Essex Addicks

Was chatting to my dad who lives in Walton-on-naze and he doesnt think hes ever seen a person wearing a Charlton shirt or Charlton anything in his travels around that part of Essex. So we're talking about Walton, Frinton, Clacton-on-sea, Colchester etc....

Wondering if there are any addicks on here that actually live round those parts and travel down to the Valley?

Comments

• Vince Neiczviec lived in Walton on the naze for a time I recall.He must have worn his charlton shirt.That was a few years ago now though.
  • Tell your Dad to have a day trip to Southend/Canvey/Basildon, loads of us around there amongst the hamsters!
  • I regularly go to Frinton and Colchester and often wear a Charlton t shirt.
  • Plenty of us down here in er....
  • wickford said:

Plenty of us down here in er....

I see a few on the train up from Rayleigh on matchdays.
  • I'm in leafy Upminster and there's only 3 of us I'm aware of, while the phenomenon of 'West Ham Man' is everywhere. Can anyone suggest why they all resemble Al Murray with a beergut, live in Hornchurch, drive a black cab and missus' are all called Sandra?
  • I'm in Brentwood flying the Charlton flag!!! :-)
  • I'm in leigh on sea.

• Well fly it a bit higher and I should be able to spot it from my loft conversion!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hook End in Brentwood, don't know any other Charlton fans around here. The only Charlton shirts I've seen in Essex are worn by my boys.
  • I'm in Harlow, A lady shouted out up the addicks to me the other day as I had a cafc polo shirt on. Also I believe Delroofer on here lives in Harlow.
  • Yes, I'm in Harlow and there are a few other Charlton fans around here.
  • There are at least six of us in Harwich\Dovercourt look for Charlton badges on our cars we all visit Clacton I should think.
  • I used to live in Halstead, then Braintree. Often used to see a teenager in Halstead with a Charlton shirt on.
  • Ha !!
    I laugh at you Essex people.

(Super) KENT CCC
  • I'm in Upminster (well cranham) aswell and, as mentioned, i am surrounded by the West Ham fans!
  • Well, if we're listen all Essex and not just the north, I'm in Great Wakering.
  • @roseandcrown - I didnt know Leigh-On-Sea was such a Charlton hot bed :-)

I must keep an eye out for you in your shirt.
  • At its peak (in the Prem) we had over 200 paid up members of the supporters club living in Essex. I think a breakdown of the club's season ticket holders showed a good percentage came from Essex. I know several still attend games, but clearly we don't all wear the shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chelmsford... But I used to live in Colchester. Don't think I remember any other Charlton fans there though I seem to remember the valley express was going to start from there, so maybe there's a few
  • Perhaps we should declare a 'wear your Charlton shirt around Essex day' and see how may Charlton fans we spot.

If we're savvy about it we could even promote it here: http://nationaldaycalendar.com/calendar-at-a-glance/june

;-)
  • CAFCTrev said:

Was chatting to my dad who lives in Walton-on-naze and he doesnt think hes ever seen a person wearing a Charlton shirt or Charlton anything in his travels around that part of Essex. So we're talking about Walton, Frinton, Clacton-on-sea, Colchester etc....

Wondering if there are any addicks on here that actually live round those parts and travel down to the Valley?

Ipswich might be closer
  • CAFCTrev said:

My boy lives in Walton with his mum and he wears one.
  • I always see loads of Charlton shirts at the v festival... More than any other club... Not the sort of place to wear colour I wouldn't have thought.
  • Seems that theres more in Essex then Woolwich these days then....
  • we will have to do a Essex addicks away day or drink!!