Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eric Lancelotte

Hi!

I'm Eric Lancelottes grand daughter Harriet and was interested if any of you have any more info or articles on him? Already seen the one 'how to become a football star.' Love football and miss my grandad so any info would be amazing!

Thanks!

Harriet Lancelotte

Comments

• Hi!

I'm Eric Lancelottes grand daughter Harriet and was interested if any of you have any more info or articles on him? Already seen the one 'how to become a football star.' Love football and miss my grandad so any info would be amazing!

Thanks!

Harriet Lancelotte

Hello Harriet. One of the posters on here @Henry Irving met him a few years ago. So maybe your search for more information might start with him..?
  • Your sense of timing is almost preternatural
  • Except with 'non' tacked onto the front! LOL! Luzon out!
  • @Lancelotte1

My Dad remembers your grandfather well and speaks fondly of him.

Just after the war my dad lived in Flaxton Road, Plumstead and Eric would often stop and talk to him and my uncle on his way home - they were both young boys at the time. When we reached the cup final in 1947 Eric gave a couple of tickets to my grandfather who took my uncle to the famous match - my own dad deemed to be too young!

Dad met Eric again at the unveiling of the Sam Bartram statue and spoke at length with him - I think he was pleased to be remembered from his playing days during such a successful time in the club's history.

While way before my time, I have a sheet of autographs, Eric's included, from the cup final team that your grandfather had arranged for my Dad.

I hope you get to uncover plenty of articles/pictures etc about your grandfather.