Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OOPS ! .. WHO WROTE THAT ? .. Unfortunate Typing Errors

I had an email this morning from Scunthorpe F C .. The headline read: (sic) Home Games for October and New Retro Shit On Sale Now .. hahahahaahahahahah .. I am presuming that for shit I should read shirt .. BUT .. Given Scunny's league position I would not be too certain

Comments

• Not strictly a typo but an old favourite on the Church Hall notice board:

"Low Self Esteem Help Group

Tonight at 1930

Please use Entrance at Rear"

Amusing to me to see the esteem word. One of my favourite typos ever is "he is held in higher steam."
  • The subtitles on live TV shows like the regional news or sports programmes are always good for a laugh as many are system generated!
  • MrOneLung said:

This is my favourite typo

When officials asked for the Welsh translation of a road sign, they thought the reply was what they needed.

Unfortunately, the e-mail response to Swansea council said in Welsh: "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated".

So that was what went up under the English version which barred lorries from a road near a supermarket.

"When they're proofing signs, they should really use someone who speaks Welsh," said journalist Dylan Iorwerth.

You're right that this is funny, but when i first saw this it made me wonder why a bloke who works as a translator would put a generic out of office message which specifically mentions translating in only one language (and the language that far fewer people can read, at that). I may be wrong, but I half expect he was hoping for something like this to happen.
  • The best one I come across many, many years ago was on a major quotation for £10's millions of pound of work for an Arabic country, part of the quote referred to duck boards, never sack a typist without proof reading her work, fuc* boards took a whole lot of explaining away.
  • 2nd hand furniture shop on my road has a sign up for 'chester draws'
  • Oh, and a few years back a goody on the stockbrokers web site T D Waterhouse advertising their equity research services:

"Would you buy this sock?"
  • The Evening Standard once carried a back page headline referring to Spurs midfielder Glen Hoodle.
  • Sponsored links:

And then there's this, which I think we've done before but worth a second look.

• The one I've done a few times is to add xx to the end of text or email. It might be fine when I'm sending a note to my wife or daughters, but when it's a member of staff or a client, it's not so good.
    Xx

Oops. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I emailed someone today and referred to "Block A" as "Blacok A"

Silly thing is her hubby is a black man.
  • The cafe next to ebbsfleet football ground has a sign above the door that says 'Full Engliish available here'
  • I am sure Pen Island is beautiful but www.penisland.com may give tourists the wrong idea
  • And the celebrity agents list who represents looks more inviting as whorepresents.com.

• An Italian fruit company called ARSOL ....
  • edited October 2015
  • edited October 2015
    Saw the same one a few(not many at all really) times over the last couple of years. It said scored after Simon Church's name.
  • I am sure Pen Island is beautiful but www.penisland.com may give tourists the wrong idea

When we first moved away from the nice little red drivers' licences they introduced those drivers' licence numbers which included the first five characters from your surname and a blend of your date of birth. A colleague's surname was Peniston. He asked if he could have a different number - the DVLC as the DVLA was then called refused.
  • Someone I know sent a save the day card out with 'Were getting married' printed on it. I didn't know whether to be sad or happy for them.