Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options

So that's why Jason Euell is now involved - it will basically be the U21 team on Saturday!

We have little to lose now, Lookman to start hopefully.
  • Options
    Muldoon maybe too
  • Options

Muldoon maybe too

I imagine he's injured as he got subbed early on against Cray yesterday
  • Options

Muldoon maybe too

yeah, so he can be involved on Saturday imo
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Fraeye: Cousins will not feature on Saturday, Gudmundsson is a major doubt. #cafc

— News Shopper Sport (@NewsShopperSprt) November 5, 2015
    0-3 it is then.
  • Options

Muldoon maybe too

I hope so as would like to see him on the bench at least
  • Options
    Getting my money on 0-3 0-4 and 0-5 now
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Fraeye: Cousins will not feature on Saturday, Gudmundsson is a major doubt. #cafc

0-3 it is then.

Only 0-3? I can't even be that positive!
  • Options

cafc-west said:

0-3 it is then.

How do you figure that?
    Oppo midfielders run past Cousins like he's not there and JBG contributes nothing more than corners straight to goalies and freekicks straight into walls. Having 2 different bodies in their stead at least gets us closer to 11 on the field of play who can muster smthn close to 'nuisance value'.
    With Wednesday's current form we'll be looking at 3 down by half-time...
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Getting my money on 0-3 0-4 and 0-5 now

Wednesday have sold out 3200 tickets as well, will be hell inside the ground. Will stay in the car park with 8 pack I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc-west said:

0-3 it is then.
    How do you figure that?
    Oppo midfielders run past Cousins like he's not there and JBG contributes nothing more than corners straight to goalies and freekicks straight into walls. Having 2 different bodies in their stead at least gets us closer to 11 on the field of play who can muster smthn close to 'nuisance value'.
    With Wednesday's current form we'll be looking at 3 down by half-time...

Because Cousins will be replaced by Ba and JBG by one of McAleny, Moussa, KAG, Lookman or Bergdich.
  • Options

Muldoon maybe too

Match report on OS says he was forced off with an injury.

Any thinking or justification given to the decision to let Harry Lennon stay at the Gills for another month? This at a time when the squad is transparently thin with no adequate cover at centre half (Sarr = inadequate). HL has been performing consistently at a successful side and would undoubtedly be an improvement. He can't be earning all that much so if the 'justification' is financial then we know that despite all the alleged investment in stadium, training ground, yadda-yadda, Roly is in fact running the club rapidly into the ground to suit some non-footballing end.

We could do with him here for numbers but he wouldn't undoubtedly be an improvement, he'd be another young player throw into a struggling inexperienced team.

Plus Bauer and Diarra are among the better performers. If you play him at LB he'd be out of position when we have Fox, THD and Bergdich available.

Probably best for his career to play regular League 1 football. The issue is more that RD wouldn't pay for a fourth senior CB. Get an injury there and he should bring someone in on loan. His solution will be to recall Lennon who's not yet started even 20 first team games in his career.
  • Options
    Muldoon looked proper crocked last night.
  • Options
    Maybe we can play Diarra in midfield to replace Cousins as a holding player, as I'd rather Sarr played than Ba.
  • Options
    We are utterly cattled aren't we. Oh for a few Browns, Balmers, Websters. Even a Dowman or Shaw. And for what ? Some mad Belgian Mr Burns playing to a cock eyed agenda.
    I hated Fryer, Hill and the Sunley mob but this bloke and his entourage need hanging.
  • Options

We are utterly cattled aren't we. Oh for a few Browns, Balmers, Websters. Even a Dowman or Shaw. And for what ? Some mad Belgian Mr Burns playing to a cock eyed agenda.
    I hated Fryer, Hill and the Sunley mob but this bloke and his entourage need hanging.

Alan Dugdale would have been an improvement too ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McAleny has gone then. Can' t see any problem about that. Just another failed Charlton loan.
  • Options

Do our job? I beg your pardon Carol. We've got every right to be unhappy and want to protest when quite clearly no one at the club is doing their job.
    Under qualified chancer demands commitment from viewers of his slow motion car accident
    THIS MADE ME LAUGH A LOT
  • Options
    That sounds like the perfect answer to a caption competition
  • Options
    A comedy performance. I wonder if KM helped with some management buzz phrases and an instruction to blame the fans in the hope we all behave nicely on Saturday.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have just watched the whole nearly 12 minute press day interview.
    My main conclusion is that Karel Freye has written off the Sheffield Wednesday game. he repeatedly went on about making evaluations which come after the Wednesday game and the two week international break will (presumably) be a chance to get the players fit and conditioned and then he will take it from there.

Lots of talk about working hard and wanting it, put me in mind that bit of a singer with no talent pleading with the X Factor Judges that they will really really work hard because they really really want it, they just want to be given a chance. Having nothing credible to back up a work ethic and a desire to win, such as some kind of talent, some sense of organisation, some sense of purpose, some sense of context is what seems to be lacking.
    We are clearly going to virtually play a makeshift team....and it was very telling when Karel was contemplating the player availability problem said we will have eleven players on the pitch, and seven substitutes, and we will have that all season.
    That being about it, fulfil the obligation to list a starting eleven, and list the subs and that will suffice to meet the demands of the competition.
    It was also telling that when describing the Middlesbrough performance as terrible, he went on to say 'we didn't expect that'. Ahem oh really? So you watch all our games, pour over the statistics, have the data telling you what to expect, pick the team from the eleven plus seven, and surprise surprise it didn't work.
    Never mind we'll think up a cunning plan during the international break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXKS8Nyu8Q

We lose tomorrow and Fraeye will be gone, so he'll be on an extended break.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

seth plum said:

I have just watched the whole nearly 12 minute press day interview.
    My main conclusion is that Karel Freye has written off the Sheffield Wednesday game. he repeatedly went on about making evaluations which come after the Wednesday game and the two week international break will (presumably) be a chance to get the players fit and conditioned and then he will take it from there.

Lots of talk about working hard and wanting it, put me in mind that bit of a singer with no talent pleading with the X Factor Judges that they will really really work hard because they really really want it, they just want to be given a chance. Having nothing credible to back up a work ethic and a desire to win, such as some kind of talent, some sense of organisation, some sense of purpose, some sense of context is what seems to be lacking.
    We are clearly going to virtually play a makeshift team....and it was very telling when Karel was contemplating the player availability problem said we will have eleven players on the pitch, and seven substitutes, and we will have that all season.
    That being about it, fulfil the obligation to list a starting eleven, and list the subs and that will suffice to meet the demands of the competition.
    It was also telling that when describing the Middlesbrough performance as terrible, he went on to say 'we didn't expect that'. Ahem oh really? So you watch all our games, pour over the statistics, have the data telling you what to expect, pick the team from the eleven plus seven, and surprise surprise it didn't work.
    Never mind we'll think up a cunning plan during the international break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXKS8Nyu8Q

We lose tomorrow and Fraeye will be gone, so he'll be on an extended break.
    Not too sure about that...

Edit - I'm an idiot, interpreted gone in the wrong way