Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester away 9/10-1-16

Beware that this game MAY be played on Sunday due to Ipswich being drawn at home.

There are numerous trains both outward and inward starting at £9 single, this is before any railcard discounts.

There is a pub called the Bricklayers five minutes from Colchester station, whilst this is likely to be crowded, the pub is very handy as this is where the shuttle buses run from.

My advice would be to leave with ample time to get to the ground as there is only one road in and out so traffic is likely to be quite slow.

Allowing for our appalling cup record, please note that we are due to be away to Rotherham on 4th round day.

Comments

• Last time we were there was a warm summer evening when BWP notched a couple. Found that if driving best off parking a mile away and walking in otherwise you sit in traffic... And sit in traffic... And sit in traffic...

• Cheers. Despite all the doom and gloom I will go to this. Didn't go in our league one years. Hope tickets are sensibly priced. Do you know if the shuttle is free?
  • Fumbluff said:

ChiAddick said:

Cheers. Despite all the doom and gloom I will go to this. Didn't go in our league one years. Hope tickets are sensibly priced. Do you know if the shuttle is free?

Shuttle has been decommissioned mate, I think there were some general safety fears, maybe to do with those heat resistant tiles
    Okay, so is there anything else laid on, and where?
  • Day out potential
  • I will be going, love the FA Cup.
  • Day at home potential.

Massive potential for a ticket distribution cock-up.
  • Fumbluff said:

ChiAddick said:

Cheers. Despite all the doom and gloom I will go to this. Didn't go in our league one years. Hope tickets are sensibly priced. Do you know if the shuttle is free?

Shuttle has been decommissioned mate, I think there were some general safety fears, maybe to do with those heat resistant tiles
    Hot air ballon?
  • LouisMend said:

Fumbluff said:

ChiAddick said:

Hot air ballon?
    Very helpful.
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

Fumbluff said:

ChiAddick said:

Hot air ballon?
    Very helpful.
    Outside chance that Fumbluff's joke is a whoosh moment for you.
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

Fumbluff said:

ChiAddick said:

Hot air ballon?
    Very helpful.
    Outside chance that Fumbluff's joke is a whoosh moment for you.
    Just too challengering....
  • Daddy_Pig said:

Last time we were there was a warm summer evening when BWP notched a couple. Found that if driving best off parking a mile away and walking in otherwise you sit in traffic... And sit in traffic... And sit in traffic...

Thought there was a new road direct onto the Awhatever now
  • Daddy_Pig said:

Last time we were there was a warm summer evening when BWP notched a couple. Found that if driving best off parking a mile away and walking in otherwise you sit in traffic... And sit in traffic... And sit in traffic...

Yep, new slip road built off of the A12 straight into the ground.
  • Essex_Al said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Yep, new slip road built off of the A12 straight into the ground.
    Pick us up at the Bricklayers for 2 Al.
  • Park and ride built next to McD's on A12 opposite ground £3.00 anrd short walk over bridge.
  • Anyone know if there will be a Valley Away/Express service from Hastings?
  • Park and ride built next to McD's on A12 opposite ground £3.00 anrd short walk over bridge.

Presumably you can pick it up at the railway station?
  • Reckon I might be up for this. Not seen us play Colchester since a pre-season friendly. I think it was 2-2, Hermanator scored, and Dennis rommedahl played. I thought he was going to be great.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Reckon I might be up for this. Not seen us play Colchester since a pre-season friendly. I think it was 2-2, Hermanator scored, and Dennis rommedahl played. I thought he was going to be great.

"Dennis in the last minute"
  • Awful away day, typical modern ground, probably go having said that.
  • terrible draw, terrible soulless ground with a shite pitch but right next to the A12 where there is a new junction right beside it.

due to their awful home crowds this could see us given 2 sides of the ground as they've been known to move fans from down one side to accommodate large away followings, so potentially 2k+ tkts I reckon....anyone who wants to see this one should be able to get in

Who will Harriott play for?
  • not a bad draw for me being 45 minutes up the road but the way things are at the moment I am not sure I will even bother.
  • Not too far, chance to progress. Good draw.
  • Wonder why Charlton don't start trying this... The Sainsburys / Comet has now gone from the area leaving a huge car park for just B&Q so could easily have the Park & Ride running from there for starters maybe?
  • having seen their crowds they can't need too many buses
  • Not too far away, worth going to.
  • Who will Harriott play for?

no chance of it being us as he is cup tied