Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon to return to Plough Lane

Fantastic news for them

Comments

• Yep not for people who love the Greyhound Derby at Wimbledon though !!!!!!!!
  • It's not done & dusted yet. Boris Johnson can still block it.

Anyway, Wimbldon dogs licence runs to July 2016, so still some life in the old dogs yet.
  • Brilliant news, just a shame the dog derby needs to find a new home
  • Why would they get more support now than they did before ?
  • I hope they've changed the wooden seats, can still feel the splinters!

Anyway, Wimbldon dogs licence runs to July 2016, so still some life in the old dogs yet.

Johnson has hardly ever blocked any planning permissions in his time in office, so they're pretty much home and hosed.

Good for Wimbledon, but with Kingsmeadow being sold to Chelsea, it's looking bleak for Kingstonian, who themselves might end up being exiled out to Chessington or elsewhere.
  • edited December 2015
    As usual a thread from my other site. Starts 2012 to today so persevere...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1551643

Bojo won't knock this back as it has the obligatory posh housing with it!
  • Great news for the real dons, my dad will like his news coz me used to work for BT in Wimbledon
  • edited December 2015

It's 2 mins from ST Georges hospital (at ambulance speed) and a huge bottle-neck for traffic and as there's probably zero parking in the vicinity these days unless you count the dog track car park which will no doubt be going so I guess it's a question of how many people Haydons Road train station can handle or how many people want to trek from Wimbledon as to how many people will be actually be able to get to and from the ground for a match..I think there's just the one pub left in walking distance theses days
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015

It's 2 mins from ST Georges hospital (at ambulance speed) and a huge bottle-neck for traffic and as there's probably zero parking in the vicinity these days unless you count the dog track car park which will no doubt be going so I guess it's a question of how many people Haydons Road train station can handle or how many people want to trek from Wimbledon as to how many people will be actually be able to get to and from the ground for a match..I think there's just the one pub left in walking distance theses days
    Sorry, but it's about 7 mins walk to Haydons Road and a 15 min walk to Earlsfield (5 mins on bus). It's about a 20 min walk to Wimbledon Park or less and 10 mins in a cab. I've done all 3 in the last year.
    There are a couple of pubs very close and loads between Earlsfield & the greyhound track and loads in Wimbledon.

Apart from that I agree.
  • But have they got more fans than before?

it's looking bleak for Kingstonian, who themselves might end up being exiled out to Chessington or elsewhere.
    It will be an adventure for them.

Johnson has hardly ever blocked any planning permissions in his time in office, so they're pretty much home and hosed.

Good for Wimbledon, but with Kingsmeadow being sold to Chelsea, it's looking bleak for Kingstonian, who themselves might end up being exiled out to Chessington or elsewhere.
    Kingstonian have been shafted in all this by Wimbledon and to a greater degree by Rajesh Khosla.
    Kingsmeadow was Kingstonians ground (its in Kingston) - but was bought by Khoosla in the 2000's when they got into financial difficulty and his sole aim was to try to sell the land for housing ( i know all this because the clubs doctor was my neighbour at the time) and then promply sold the ground to Wimbledon when he couldnt overcome planning obstacles.
    Kingstonian have effectively had their ground pulled from under their feet.
    Its akin to Roly deciding he's had enough with us, tries to build on the Valley but cant, then selling it to Palace who allow us to use it as tenants while Shithouse Park is rebuilt - only for them to sell The Valley and kick us out when its ready.
  • Kingstonian may well have ceased to exist had Khoosla not bought them though. Not saying what has happened since isn't a shame for them. I understand Wimbledon are giving some of the proceeds of the sale to Kingstonian towards a new stadium.

What do Chelsea plan to do with Kingsmeadow ?
  • PL54 said:

It's not done & dusted yet. Boris Johnson can still block it.

I wondered the same thing.

Then I googled it.
  • Maybe they will loan it out like they do with numerous players.
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

PL54 said:

Then I googled it.
    Cap G on Google clever lad.
  • PL54 said:

IA said:

PL54 said:

Then I googled it.
    I used it as a verb, not as a proper noun, thanks.
  • Chelsea using it for reserve and ladies fixtures.

As for moving back to plough lane, no issue with transport links. As said above earlsfield is easy walk to the ground and there is loads of parking off the main roads.

Wandsworth council might start charging to park on a Saturday but that won't stop the availability of spaces
  • good article - sums up the situation for Kingstonian - they have been royally (pardon the pun) shafted here.

As for moving back to plough lane, no issue with transport links. As said above earlsfield is easy walk to the ground and there is loads of parking off the main roads.

Wandsworth council might start charging to park on a Saturday but that won't stop the availability of spaces

Loads of parking if you have a permit
  • IA said:

PL54 said:

IA said:

PL54 said:

Then I googled it.
    Do you Hoover or hoover / Google or google ?

Loads of parking if you have a permit
    Not at all. All the roads opposite the police station are permit holders for one hour a day during the week and no permits at the weekend. I should know I lived there for 30 years
  • PL54 said:

IA said:

PL54 said:

IA said:

PL54 said:

Then I googled it.
    Do you Hoover or hoover
    No. That's what I pay the cleaner for.