Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

#CARD - 5pm PROTEST This Saturday

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Just a reminder that another POST-MATCH PROTEST is scheduled for 5pm Saturday.

Support the team whole-heartedly for 90 minutes, then protest against the regime for 45 minutes after the game.

CARD have set up a Facebook account, and created an Event for the game.

It would be much appreciated if those interested would 'Like' the Facebook account. If you could share it amongst your Charlton friends / groups, even better.

https://www.facebook.com/CharltonCARD/

Thanks Everyone #WeWantOurCharltonBack

Comments

• I'm well up for this. Don't have any commitments Sat night so can be there for the duration.

#Rolandout
  • edited January 2016
    is it possible that they will just lock the west stand car park?, as not all of us are in the west stand, i cant imagine they would but who knows with these lunatics.

shared on facebook
  • is it possible that they will just lock the west stand car park?, as not all of us are in the west stand, i cant imagine they would but who knows with these lunatics.

shared on facebook

potentially, but they would then be creating a greater problem by people congregating in Floyd Road and other access areas. The safety / planning people at the club will be aware of this and will know that as much as they don't like congregation outside the West Stand, it does provide a 'safe' area as opposed to surrounding roads

• surely they can't lock it while fans, players and guests are still leaving the west stand and associated suites, which after last time went on until at least 5.30
  • is it possible that they will just lock the west stand car park?, as not all of us are in the west stand, i cant imagine they would but who knows with these lunatics.

shared on facebook

I would imagine certain accesses has to remain open for emergency services etc. Think at most all they could is inconvenience people wanting to get to or leave west stand car park by making them use valley grove gate.
    I think all they'll do is move the post match reception for away directors to an inner lounge or buy a thicker blind for the boardroom? overlooking the car park.
  • Got told last night there will be more bully boy stewards then last time at the Valley and more CCTV going up!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Got told last night there will be more bully boy stewards then last time at the Valley and more CCTV going up!!!!

Good, costing Roland extra money already. I hope the additional stewards are properly trained - if I see any of them behaving in an overly aggressive manner towards innocent protesters then I will be reporting it to the police and writing to my MP, as well as complaining to the club and the Football Association.
    Perhaps pictures should be taken of the Bully Boys as they are nearly all moonlighting anyway .
  • MrLargo said:

Got told last night there will be more bully boy stewards then last time at the Valley and more CCTV going up!!!!

Good, costing Roland extra money already. I hope the additional stewards are properly trained - if I see any of them behaving in an overly aggressive manner towards innocent protesters then I will be reporting it to the police and writing to my MP, as well as complaining to the club and the Football Association.
    Perhaps pictures should be taken of the Bully Boys as they are nearly all moonlighting anyway .
    The residents at Belmarsh will be delighted this Saturday then
  • Bully boy stewards means tempers will rise.

Bring it on.

shared on facebook

potentially, but they would then be creating a greater problem by people congregating in Floyd Road and other access areas. The safety / planning people at the club will be aware of this and will know that as much as they don't like congregation outside the West Stand, it does provide a 'safe' area as opposed to surrounding roads

Agreed, Health & Safety nightmare if they 'locked us in'. Echoes of possibly people getting crushed against the gate in a rush, trampled on etc. That definitely would not look good for the club.
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see crowd barriers set up in the car park to keep protest away from the stand or prevent access into the car park from the road.

I can see why they might do this and think it a good idea but would be a big mistake imho. It would also be more confirmation that we are getting to them.
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see crowd barriers set up in the car park to keep protest away from the stand or prevent access into the car park from the road.

I can see why they might do this and think it a good idea but would be a big mistake imho. It would also be more confirmation that we are getting to them.

Some of us still have to park there, though I fully support the protest.
  • Sponsored links:

• if you are near the directors box on Saturday beware of,this guy as he threatened to eject me when I stood up to remonstrate with KM. He was politely forceful, I think he is her and RM's minder

Yes I reckon you're right.

This is the dude that came walking towards the front of the directors box whilst I had an exchange of words with Murray before the Forest game.