Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things children say

I was told yesterday by her mother that my 5 year old granddaughter rates her Nana & Grandad in her favourite ten people. She said although I wasn't very good looking I made the top ten because I was kind. I must admit it brought a lump to my throat, of all the things to be called, kind is right up there with the best although I would like to have been called handsome as well.

Comments

• I was told yesterday by her mother that my 5 year old granddaughter rates her Nana & Grandad in her favourite ten people. She said although I wasn't very good looking I made the top ten because I was kind. I must admit it brought a lump to my throat, of all the things to be called, kind is right up there with the best although I would like to have been called handsome as well.

she meant her other grandparents...

• got 3 girls now 8, 5 and 6 months...the older 2 are too smart for their own good sometimes and growing up far too quickly.

the youngest is now my favourite ;)
  • got 3 girls now 8, 5 and 6 months...the older 2 are too smart for their own good sometimes and growing up far too quickly.

the youngest is now my favourite ;)

Welcome to the 3 daughter club!

It's an emotional rollercoaster but rewarding overall.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016

My niece told me I was her best friend when she was about 3/4. It was a great moment. Then a chicken walked past and she told me the chicken was her best friend. Put a slight dampner on it

But where is that chicken now ? Bloody nowhere to be seen, some "friend".
  • Two couples whose kids are friends with our 7 year old have recently split up and it's obviously playing on her mind. Out of the blue the other day she said to me "Daddy, if you and Mummy split up and you both marry someone else would they be my step mum & Dad. But you're not splitting up are you?" I said to her that no and that me and Mummy love each other very much, even though Mummy's a bit smelly"

She paused for a few moments obviously thinking about it then said "Daddy, Mummy's only smelly first thing in the morning"

Is that what is called being damned by faint praise?????

Only, I'd be inclined to infer that maybe someone else isn't....
  • edited January 2016
  • And this little piggy smelt of wee wee all the way home.
  • My now 12 year old daughter asked my parents why they weren't in a home yet, when she was about seven. That caused much hilarity.
  • 7 year old granddaughter to Mrs Dippy

"Do you like being a granny?"

Yes it's lovely

"Why do you? it means you will die soon"

• My 3 year old boy said when he got big and I got small that he would look after me and take me on holidays, he then apologised because he would not be living with me and mummy anymore as he would be living with the lads in the football team (we were in the park watching some younguns playing and he had decided they were his friends).
  • Sponsored links:

• My 3 year old boy said when he got big and I got small that he would look after me and take me on holidays, he then apologised because he would not be living with me and mummy anymore as he would be living with the lads in the football team (we were in the park watching some younguns playing and he had decided they were his friends).

Are you Gus Poyet?
  • She said although I wasn't very good looking I made the top ten because I was kind. I must admit it brought a lump to my throat, of all the things to be called, kind is right up there with the best although I would like to have been called handsome as well.

I had a girlfriend who said that to me once, about 2 days before I couldn't get through to her on the phone.
  • My 6 year old burst into tears at the end of the wolves game because Charlton lost.'
    I promised to make it up to him by taking him to the Colchester game.
    He left in tears with 5 minutes to go!

Shall I call Social Services, or will you???
  • My 18 mth old said to me this morning daddy friend and put his hand out and said come come daddy friend

Lifting my spirts from the floor to the ceiling

My 4 year old often tells me I'm his best friend until I have to tell him off or put him to bed, then I'm told we're not friends anymore