Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford tickets

edited February 2016 in Match Day Travel
http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-tickets-brentford-2931994.aspx

As usual dick all priority for regular away fans, hopefully make the 3rd phase, regular away followers that aren't season ticket holders get the same priority as any red card holder.

Comments

• Always been poor with our away ticket selling, guy on Twitter has missed 2 away games in the past 2 years but doesn't have a ST or Valley Gold has to wait until 3rd phase but I, being a ST Holder but hasn't been away since last season & only once in the last 3 seasons, get greater priority
  • Always been poor with our away ticket selling, guy on Twitter has missed 2 away games in the past 2 years but doesn't have a ST or Valley Gold has to wait until 3rd phase but I, being a ST Holder but hasn't been away since last season & only once in the last 3 seasons, get greater priority

So I guess he's getting your ticket then? :-)
  • Could well be yes
  • £25 for that terrace !
  • Is it a really early morning kick off??as coach is leaving at 9.45??

No it's 3pm but the ticket office are generally clueless when it comes to timings

No it's 3pm but the ticket office are generally clueless when it comes to timings
    They're overrun with patients.

They're overrun with patients.

In defence of the club (!) they need to come up with a system that works across the entire fan base, not just some bloke on Twitter. I would imagine that most regular away supporters will also be Valley Gold or Season Ticket holders or both. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's relatively fair and consistent.
  • Just ordered mine, a repeat of the sciences when bwp scored in 2011 would be nice
  • Sponsored links:

• Just ordered mine, a repeat of the sciences when bwp scored in 2011 would be nice

Sciences? Did Danny Green and Jackson set up a bunsen burner on the pitch?
    Bloody auto correct on ipad

BWP and Yann's on field chemistry
  • se9addick said:

Always been poor with our away ticket selling, guy on Twitter has missed 2 away games in the past 2 years but doesn't have a ST or Valley Gold has to wait until 3rd phase but I, being a ST Holder but hasn't been away since last season & only once in the last 3 seasons, get greater priority

In defence of the club (!) they need to come up with a system that works across the entire fan base, not just some bloke on Twitter. I would imagine that most regular away supporters will also be Valley Gold or Season Ticket holders or both. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's relatively fair and consistent.
    Probably? I for one though am a regular away supporter who does not have a season ticket and jacked in VG in Sept.
  • I think a reasonable way of doing it is

For regular away fans as in 4 or more away games this season should go into phase 2, with the exception of palace there's probably not a an away game this season that it's not been possible for everyone to get a ticket, the annoying thing is qpr will probably be done the same basis, so I've done Cardiff, reading, Brighton, Derby, Birmingham and palace,

And have a v good chance of missing out on qpr and brentford, vg I wouldn't want to pay into as they just sell whoever comes through, a season ticket I don't want as it puts money in there pockets, the restrictions are silly as you have around 9000 season ticket holders doesn't take a lot for 800 of them to buy 2 tickets a peice then that's our allocation done and will be the same at qpr, be interesting to see how many we take elland road end of April ;).
  • I think a reasonable way of doing it is

For regular away fans as in 4 or more away games this season should go into phase 2, with the exception of palace there's probably not a an away game this season that it's not been possible for everyone to get a ticket, the annoying thing is qpr will probably be done the same basis, so I've done Cardiff, reading, Brighton, Derby, Birmingham and palace,

And have a v good chance of missing out on qpr and brentford, vg I wouldn't want to pay into as they just sell whoever comes through, a season ticket I don't want as it puts money in there pockets, the restrictions are silly as you have around 9000 season ticket holders doesn't take a lot for 800 of them to buy 2 tickets a peice then that's our allocation done and will be the same at qpr, be interesting to see how many we take elland road end of April ;).

I sympathise, missed out on Brentford away season before last even though I was and still am a season ticket holder :disappointed: . Getting away tickets for the popular fixtures should be a bit easier next season with fewer season ticket and VG members, if this forum is anything to go by. Oh and Count me in for Elland Road end of April :wink:
  • the more the merrior @RedChaser i understand why the club do it as they make no money out of away games its same deal with england you get 2 caps for home games and 1 cap for away games, just frustrating thats all, as you say if the planned boycott of season tickets is planned and we get relegated could all effect it, the big ones will be south-end, gillingham and millwall ha.
  • heres how a successful and fair points scheme can work;

2015/16 Away Ticket Sales Criteria

Please note, away ticket sales are subject to the Clubs selling criteria. The criteria for the 2015/16 Season Ticket Holders will be made up from the following:

2014/15 Season Ticket Holder - 50 points
    2015/16 Season Ticket Holder - 50 points
    2013/14 Away Fixture - 1 point per game purchased through Leicester City Football Club
    2014/15 Away Fixture - 1 point per game purchased through Leicester City Football Club
    2015/16 Away Fixture - 1 point per game purchased through Leicester City Football Club

Please note, away ticket sales are subject to the Clubs selling criteria. The criteria for the 2015/16 Season Ticket Holders will be made up from the following:

2013/14 Away Fixture - 1 point per game purchased through Leicester City Football Club
    2014/15 Away Fixture - 1 point per game purchased through Leicester City Football Club
    2015/16 Away Fixture - 1 point per game purchased through Leicester City Football Club

So that basically means Season ticket holders gain priority like they do hear despite people complaining.
  • Do we really need a points system when we only sell out 1 or 2 away games a season? Everyone who wants a ticket will more than likely be able to get one.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

heres how a successful and fair points scheme can work;

So that basically means Season ticket holders gain priority like they do hear despite people complaining.
    i wasn't complaining about season ticket holders being able to buy i was complaining that regular away fans arent even considered, there not even in the same phase as season ticket holders or even mentioned.

as i had a 2014/15 season ticket and have attended close to 30 games in the last 2 seasons i would have 80 points. a standard season ticket holder that hasnt attended any games would have 50

the ticket sales would be ratcheted

150+ points
    130-150 points
    110-130 points
    90-110 points
    70-90 points
    50-70 points

and so on, i dont think we need a points system was just showing an example of how it could work.

i wasn't complaining about season ticket holders being able to buy i was complaining that regular away fans arent even considered, there not even in the same phase as season ticket holders or even mentioned.

as i had a 2014/15 season ticket and have attended close to 30 games in the last 2 seasons i would have 80 points. a standard season ticket holder that hasnt attended any games would have 50

the ticket sales would be ratcheted

150+ points
    130-150 points
    110-130 points
    90-110 points
    70-90 points
    50-70 points

and so on, i dont think we need a points system was just showing an example of how it could work.
    I wasn't aiming the complaining bit at you, Still those who kept there season ticket for both seasons would have had 100 points. I make around 10 away games a season so have never failed to gain a ticket but I feel this is an area where the club will never be able to keep everyone happy even if it was the same criteria as Leicester.
  • Don't need a point system, just priority for fans who go to away games. We've managed to do it in the past.
  • from memory it used to be fans who have purchased 4 or more away games were in the same priority as season ticket holders.

correct me if im wrong but i dont know why this has changed.
  • From the financial point of view of the club, it entirely makes sense to reward season ticket holders and VG members above those who go to away games, as the former have (presumably) given more money to Charlton

Besides with the shambolic current ticketing system, with its duplicate records, do they even have an accurate record as to how many away games supporters have been to!
  • 1500 tickets left for fulham and 900 left for brentford this lot really are having an affect 2 usual sell out away days making general sale.
  • I don't see why it's so hard for Charlton to build up a loyalty points system for away fans. So many other clubs have it.
  • I don't see why it's so hard for Charlton to build up a loyalty points system for away fans. So many other clubs have it.

i think those figures prove that we really dont need one, although im personally all for one there really is no need, dont think either brentford or fulham are badly priced, but think the performances on the pitch really are if you havent been locked in by a season ticket why would you spend your hard earned on that rubbish.