Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEXT YEAR BALANCING THEIR BOOKS!

So we are relegated, no news there, how does that leave us next year?

These muppets think that they learned something when Poyet left, they learned, long contracts for young talent is a good thing, more money when sold, fitted their model lovely and no doubt the host of consultants they employed confirmed that view along with a bunch of those nice agent folks.

I would pose a question, what is Lookmans deal?

Four years circa £10k a week rising to £15k+ a week would not surprise, (Poyet turned down £15k a week to stay two years ago), how does Lookman to a prem club look now?

Charlton now has many lengthy and well paid player contracts in place, I would suggest: Goodmunson, Cousins, Henderson, Baurer, Bambi on ice, Ba, Bird Shite, (Kazi & Cellebas - Who) and even Relegation Roger (bet he's on £5K a week for the next year and more).

It's to be hoped that Solly, Jacko, Harriots, TDH, Lennon and co have managed to get a decent deal out of them.

Next season how many will hardly be considered as "sought after"? No doubt the talent will go, with only the "not wanted, sick notes and end of contract or youth team players" remaining. The point is that it is likely to be way over the odds in terms of a wage bills for League 1.

Gate receipts down to 5,000 if they are lucky, no TV money to speak of, forget cup runs, sponsors leaving, huge amount of cash wasted buying dross this season, have you seen the size of our squad?

In short; Balance them bloody books you Dick Heads!

However, they do have a face saving position, "It's all the fault of the financial fair play not working as we thought" its always good to have an excuse!

Hopefully The Douche Bag and Pinocchio manage to work this out and sell the club to someone at a huge loss for him personally and we start again!

That lovely old adage applies; How do you make a small fortune at football.............................................

Go figure Douche Bag!

Comments

• Sell Lookman, Sell JBG, try and sell everyone else.

Some contracts also have relegation causes that mean wages drop when we go down.

And they will say that they have broken even but ignore the fact that the team will be inadequate again.

And if we don't come up then who will they sell the summer after next.
  • Surely Lookman isn't on £10k a week ? And was Diego really offered £15k a week ?
  • Whatever division we are in Lookman will go in the Summer, if recent form has affected his appeal to top premier, it won't have to top Championship clubs , JBG has a non promotion clause in his contract. RJ will probably have his contract paid up. If I was Solly I'd look for a move, you can only play in this instability for so long.
  • Lookman not getting in the team wont put people off.They stopped picking Jenkinson and shelvey but that never put Arsenal and Liverpool off.
  • Lookman will have a release clause in his contract.

From his point of view, he gets paid more money for a few months and then gets to join a proper club in the summer.

From Roland's point of view, he gets to sell him instead of giving him away.

Anyone with a transfer value will go in the summer. Dread to think what sort of side we'll be putting out next season - reckon we'll be looking back with fondness to the days when we fielded players of the calibre of Christophe Lepoint and Simon Makienok.
  • The title of this thread is so important. I believe it is the key to Roland calling it a day. When he gets a "real" budget for next year he will be distraught.
    Any budget at the moment will be massaged to include a high level of season ticket renewals; good levels of sponsorship. We must attack every revenue stream and cost him hard on his running costs.

he then has 2 options. To sell or administration. The latter makes no sense as I am sure that Varney's contacts offer is almost certainly worth more in cash to him. It is also more face saving. I am sure some sort of spin can be put on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:

There will be a fire sale and the regime will have an ample opportunity to demonstrate their inept negotiating skills. They will sell anyone they can - notably, Lookman, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Bauer and - if Blackburn exercise their option (and it's starting to look like a big 'if') - Tony Watt. If they can prove their fitness, Vetokele and Kashi are likely to get moves back to Europe. RD and KM may also try and 'buy out' a few contracts, thereby underscoring their idiocy in thrusting long contracts at a series of poor and totally unproven players.

Anyone who's out of contract is likely to leave (including Harriott, who could do a job for us next season) and, with the departure of all the loan players, we'll be down to the bare bones, including exceptionally poor players like Johnson and Sarr. Without a proper UK scouting system, it's hard to see how we're going to get off first base in identifying players who can make us competitive in League 1 next season. Time is of the essence and we are complete disarray.

Of yesterday's team, the only players who are likely to be here next season are Henderson, Johnson and possibly Teixeira (unless he gets an offer from Europe). To those we can add Solly, Jacko, Holmes-Dennis, Ahearne-Grant, Fox, Lennon, Pope, Charles-Cook, Kennedy and one or two other lads from the under 21 and under 18s.

Not much of a core, is it ?

Watt is starting to smack of a "contract termination" to me....
  • Blucher said:

There will be a fire sale and the regime will have an ample opportunity to demonstrate their inept negotiating skills. They will sell anyone they can - notably, Lookman, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Bauer and - if Blackburn exercise their option (and it's starting to look like a big 'if') - Tony Watt. If they can prove their fitness, Vetokele and Kashi are likely to get moves back to Europe. RD and KM may also try and 'buy out' a few contracts, thereby underscoring their idiocy in thrusting long contracts at a series of poor and totally unproven players.

Anyone who's out of contract is likely to leave (including Harriott, who could do a job for us next season) and, with the departure of all the loan players, we'll be down to the bare bones, including exceptionally poor players like Johnson and Sarr. Without a proper UK scouting system, it's hard to see how we're going to get off first base in identifying players who can make us competitive in League 1 next season. Time is of the essence and we are complete disarray.

Of yesterday's team, the only players who are likely to be here next season are Henderson, Johnson and possibly Teixeira (unless he gets an offer from Europe). To those we can add Solly, Jacko, Holmes-Dennis, Ahearne-Grant, Fox, Lennon, Pope, Charles-Cook, Kennedy and one or two other lads from the under 21 and under 18s.

Not much of a core, is it ?

Watt is starting to smack of a "contract termination" to me....
    I agree, I've always been of the opinion, that we will get sod all for him....
  • Hi ValiantPhil, I got told we offered Poyet max wages of 15k (same as Wiggins at the time) to stay but West Ham offers 30k so no competition, the joke is we are now likely giving West Ham 15k for him to warm the bench as Riga clearly don't fancy him.
  • Don't know your source Longtimeaddicted but Poyet turning down 15K, sounds far fetched.
    When they wouldn't go that high for Yann.
    This season i'm led to believe that JBG went from 8 to 15K a week but that was after a very good season and 13 goals last season.

The last player to earn big wages at CAFC was Ricardo Fuller
    who earned far in excess of JBG wage, but that was only for 1 year and it paid off because he scored goals when he was fit which kept us away from the bottom.
    For all their crafty ways, TJ and Slater had the sense to see you must have guys who can put the ball in the net. (while Cash was still involved that is)

Hence when the cash/money ran out we had Sordell and church
  • Hi Soapboxsam it was from inside the club two years ago they were negotiating with me about sponsorship, box renewal and stuff, on such occasions in the past I've managed to get some useful info out of them. Bugger all in the past two years though and think I'm right about Wiggins being on top wages at that time.

As suggested regards their poxy model, Poyet fitted it perfectly hence top offer for a long contract, look at Gomez, same thing on this occasion it made money for them.

No doubt their cunning plan for Lookman hence the wrapped in cotton wool approach as you said like Cash and Jiminez with Jenkinson
  • Cheers Longtime addicted for that.
    Whether they told you a porky about what they offered Poyet is hard to tell.
    Wiggins got a 4 years contract despite having so many sicknotes, and after Yann left could well have became the top earner.
    but after more injuries Roland couldn't wait to get Wiggins wages off the books.

• @Blucher has written a great post.

I don't believe this regime has made any plan for next season at all anyway.

Utter folly if i'm right.
  • It won't be a problem. RD has decided to bring in a financial expert - and he's English!

• its easier to say who will remain. Those still there in my opinion

Fox, THD, Saar, Pope, Solly, KAG, RCC

All the rest will be sold, released, moved on in one way or another (paid off in some cases).
  • seth plum said:

@Blucher has written a great post.

I don't believe this regime has made any plan for next season at all anyway.

Utter folly if i'm right.

This would not come as a shock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sell Lookman, Sell JBG, try and sell everyone else.

Some contracts also have relegation causes that mean wages drop when we go down.

And they will say that they have broken even but ignore the fact that the team will be inadequate again.

And if we don't come up then who will they sell the summer after next.

I reckon the Belgians are totally unaware that players from division three do not command much in transfer fees.

It is all well and good flogging players this summer for whatever covers their losses next season, but after that we/whoever Duchatelet gives the transfer fee to, are not going to see much in transfer fees once in division three.
  • Hi Soapboxsam it was from inside the club two years ago they were negotiating with me about sponsorship, box renewal and stuff, on such occasions in the past I've managed to get some useful info out of them. Bugger all in the past two years though and think I'm right about Wiggins being on top wages at that time.

As suggested regards their poxy model, Poyet fitted it perfectly hence top offer for a long contract, look at Gomez, same thing on this occasion it made money for them.

No doubt their cunning plan for Lookman hence the wrapped in cotton wool approach as you said like Cash and Jiminez with Jenkinson

I rated Wiggins but not at 15K a week, unbelievable money.

All the rest will be sold, released, moved on in one way or another (paid off in some cases).

I reckon you're probably not too far wrong there.

Am certain the opening day of the season will see five debutants.

I reckon you're probably not too far wrong there.

Am certain the opening day of the season will see five debutants.
    And they'll all be 17!
  • redman said:

The title of this thread is so important. I believe it is the key to Roland calling it a day. When he gets a "real" budget for next year he will be distraught.
    Any budget at the moment will be massaged to include a high level of season ticket renewals; good levels of sponsorship. We must attack every revenue stream and cost him hard on his running costs.

he then has 2 options. To sell or administration. The latter makes no sense as I am sure that Varney's contacts offer is almost certainly worth more in cash to him. It is also more face saving. I am sure some sort of spin can be put on it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Roland is going to get a massive awakening when he see's just how dire League One will be for the sustainability of the club, but... when will he find this out?

Unfortunately, if his words are to be taken at face value, as close as 2 weeks ago he wasn't wanting to make relegation preparations. If this is genuinely his attitude - and it seems plausible considering his attitudes elsewhere* - then I think he's likely to realise how damaging this is when we're a few months in to next season already.

This leads me to think he's going to underestimate the quality - again - and underestimate what's required to get out. I think we'll be looking at lower-mid table of League One next year, and/or a potential takeover around December - but only after he shits a few bricks at the extent of how much money is being drained from the club.

Another prediction: if he sells us, we're going to be left with a few problems both financially and operationally with regards to work that's been going on and contracts that have been made outside the club. (Purely guess work, I'm not privy to anything)

I wouldn't be surprised to hear he was looking at another UK club within a year of selling us either.

*I say that the attitude of ignoring things like relegation seems plausible, because this is exactly how his attitude has been with managers and the squad depth - there's no long term strategy involved and all decisions seem to quick little fixes like short term loans and interim managers. I'm sure he's a very good businessman.. with the business that has made him EUR500,000,000+ - but his little side project of football clubs? It's pocket change to the fella.
  • He's two years in to his loony tune project and has the money to ignore the financial consequences of relegation if he wishes. I'm worried that he will just plough on regardless in the deluded certainty that his plan will work. He will believe he's been unlucky and two years isn't long enough to bring it all together.

I think this scenario is the most likely that I've seen.

God only knows where this prospect would leave the club.
  • He's two years in to his loony tune project and has the money to ignore the financial consequences of relegation if he wishes. I'm worried that he will just plough on regardless in the deluded certainty that his plan will work. He will believe he's been unlucky and two years isn't long enough to bring it all together.

I think this scenario is the most likely that I've seen.

God only knows where this prospect would leave the club.

I can tell you one consequence - there won't be many customers left.
  • I'm terrified about next season. If the regime have repeatedly underestimated the championship, what the hell are they gonna give us for league one?!

I agree. However, you can only really under-estimate something once. Under estimating is something you do, until you realise you've under-estimated. Once you have publicly stated that you have under estimated something, you cant use that argument anymore.

In Murray's pathetic 'interview', he accepted they had under estimated the championship (despite him having an awful lot of experience both with Charlton and English Football in generl). What they have chosen to do since is simply refuse to change.

I think it is perfecly reasonable for them to under estimate League One. We all know that many clubs have done this in the past and spent many years trying to get out of it. Murray knows that too. So can they really use that excuse next year when we are battling it out with the likes of Scunthorpe and Rochdale?
  • I dont care, Im not coming back until The Rat and Liar leave.

In fact when it comes to CAFC I am sitting here with a finger in each ear and shouting "La La La La La'