Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STVV fined for third party ownership

Comments

• Anyone know the story behind this?
  • Bloody hell, so they'd been doing that thing that lots of Brazillian clubs have done previously for their rising stars where they sell off a percentage of their economic right to some third party investor ?
  • edited March 2016
    Also worrying is the word contracts, in plural.
  • edited March 2016
    Sounds like STVV could do with a lawyer themselves.

Does anyone know of someone like that, someone who also supports the team would be a benefit?
  • The worry is that the same applies to current or former Charlton players transferred from other Roland owned clubs.

No evidence of that of course and we have a lawyer as a CEO so sure we'll be compliant with any regulations.

The fines aren't exactly punitive anyway, 60000 Swiss Francs is about £43000
  • stonemuse said:

Anyone know the story behind this?

I expect there was or will be something in the Belgium press.
  • Sounds like SSTV could do with a lawyer themselves.

Does anyone know of someone like that, someone who also supports the team would be a benefit?

No

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Can he pass the Fit And Proper test after this?

Interesting question but I suspect that as he technically doesn't own STVV anymore he is squeaky clean and in no way bending or break the rules, M'lud.

No

Guess it would be a weird and unique situation wouldnt it
  • will be interesting to see whether this causes us any problems.. Especially considering KM deals with player contracts..

One can hope I guess

No

Guess it would be a weird and unique situation wouldnt it
    Bit of a tautology there : - )
  • The other concern is that if Roland were ever to sell the club the due dillegence would take a lot closer look at the deals for various players bought and sold to avoid any third party or other issues.

Which hypothetically, might be one reason Roland doesn't want to sell IF he was in anyway dodgy which he isn't and for which there is no evidence nor is there any suggestion to that effect on my part.
  • there is definitely shady deals going on here! CAFC the TAX Haven!
  • Seville get a warning, but others including Saint Trinians get a reprimand as well.
    A reprimand is a strong official admonition not a 'warning' which is more akin to trying to steer people in the right direction.
    A reprimand assumes a degree of deliberate wilfulness, not a breach of a technicality.
    I have heard, couched in benevolent terms, that creativity in contracts can happen at Charlton, but I have no knowledge as to what that may mean.
    Whatever, dicking about with the rules to find loopholes is hardly in the spirit of sport I would've thought.
  • This is what St Truiden have fallen foul of
  • Sponsored links:

• Wild and unreliable speculation on twitter.

Rick Everitt ‏@airmanbrown 12m12 minutes ago
    @LouisMend I'm wondering if, in this case, RD is the third party.

Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 10m10 minutes ago London, England
    @airmanbrown would make sense. He's not a fan of agents so would be surprised if he allowed one to have a share of a player.
  • LouisMend said:

This is what St Truiden have fallen foul of

Seems straight forward enough to me. GUILTY, lock him up...............
  • Does he still own St T?
  • Chizz said:

Does he still own St T?

No, his wife/partner does.

He owns the ground though.

Not clear who owned the club at the time of the breach of the rules.

Or who the third party is. As he doesn't own STVV he could be the third party. or not.
  • Hope they get this sorted soon......looking forward to another trip to Belgium.

*Blimey, thought I'd never say that.......
  • Convict-themed fancy dress protest coming up!
  • If it isn't him, who else could it be?
  • The International Football Federation (FIFA) has four clubs fined because they were not in line with the 'third party ownership (TPO), a structure in which footballers are not fully owned by a particular club. In the four clubs is also a surprising name: Sint-Truiden. The Canaries were given FIFA a fine of 60,000 Swiss francs (almost 55,000 euros) foisted for infringement of the TPO rules.
    STVV would be penalized because of the crowdfunding campaign on the transfer of the Greek Panagiotis Kynigopoulos promise. Supporters of Sint-Truiden were in the autumn of last year itself invest an amount to bring in the player. A breach of the TPO rules, under which a third party may not have economic rights over a player. According to the FIFA STVV in its transfer policy mistakes made ​​by a third party to exercise any right as possible (for example, an investment fund) at a future transition of a player. Thus, the independence of the club can be compromised. The other three clubs that were sanctioned by FIFA, are the Dutch Twente, Seville, Spain, and Brazil's Santos. FC Twente have to cough up 185,000 Swiss francs, Santos 75.000 and 55.000 Seville. According to Brazilian media would Neymar of Santos transfer to FC Barcelona in 2013 are the cause of the sanction. The Brazilian club is accused of not having to cooperate in an investigation. Doyen FC Twente got fined because of a contract with investment Doyen. The Dutch club had the relevant agreements have concealed the KNVB and recorded in a secret annex to the contract. That appendix came in recent years by the whistleblower site Football Leaks yet in public. FC Twente feared a transfer ban but FIFA therefore leaves to a fine.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/4814/STVV/article/detail/2660239/2016/03/29/FIFA-legt-STVV-boete-van-55-000-euro-op.dhtml