Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Police "have not pursued a criminal investigation" into beach ball protest

http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2016/03/31/police-have-not-pursued-a-criminal-investigation-into-beach-ball-protest/

I've typed up the statement that the Met Police provided us clarifying they aren't investigating anyone for lobbing beach balls about to ease any lingering fears people may have had.

Comments

• Think this was confirmed earlier?
  • edited April 2016
    They were never going to look into that incident 're the beachballs. Far too many involved and not worth the aggravation.

What's happening doing the Valley since last november as far the police are concerned is that it's a pain up the arse they could do without. Local officers are probably being been pulled off the local boroughs to deal with the potential for disorder (which has been to a minimum, unlike down the road where officers against Peterborough appeared to be attacked) and leaving the normal shifts less on numbers.

Not our fault that the Rant and Pinocchio have made this happen or Ms May has tightened the belts of the emergency services.

Continue as we are, but make sure it's law abiding.
  • Think this was confirmed earlier?

Yeh other people had a similar email that we did but I still saw some people thinking that throwing of items such at beach balls may have caused them trouble so I thought I'd tap up the statement to clarify.
  • Thank f__k, I am already on a caution for cutting the hair off of my sisters Barbie Doll in 1972!!!!

Nonce
  • LouisMend said:

Think this was confirmed earlier?

Yeh other people had a similar email that we did but I still saw some people thinking that throwing of items such at beach balls may have caused them trouble so I thought I'd tap up the statement to clarify.
    I'm still not going to throw the match ball back if it comes my way, we've been warned
  • edited April 2016
    Phew ! I was so worried.

"Mlud, my client pleads guilty to the heinous crime of throwing beach balls onto a football pitch'

"Send him dahn and chop his balls off...oh, and take away his season ticket"
  • Thank f__k, I am already on a caution for cutting the hair off of my sisters Barbie Doll in 1972!!!!

You should have garrotted Ken at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Phew ! I was so worried.

"Mlud, my client pleads guilty to the heinous crime of throwing beach balls onto a football pitch'

"Send him dahn and chop his balls off...oh, and give him a season ticket"

• If the letter of the law says a beach ball is an object, then a kick is not a throw.
  • Macronate said:

so, so glad about this.

had been bricking it to the extent that i confessed to my employer about what i'd done and might be up before the beak. i was sacked on the spot for violating company rules about throwing beach balls in public places (Clause 7.2 of my terms and conditions of contract).

when i got home after being sacked, i called a family meeting where 103 of my nearest and dearest attended, some flying in at short notice from Australia, the US, Canada, Wales and Sidcup. when i explained what had happened at the game and showed them footage, every one of my family disowned me. i was kicked out of my house staright after the meeting by my wife with my son vowing never to talk to me again (despite the fact that he himself had thrown a beach ball).

i am now living rough, out of a suitcase in the Marriott Hotel's (Bexleyheath) car park.

tough, tough times.

So, all in all, a bit of a result then...
  • Macronate said:

so, so glad about this.

had been bricking it to the extent that i confessed to my employer about what i'd done and might be up before the beak. i was sacked on the spot for violating company rules about throwing beach balls in public places (Clause 7.2 of my terms and conditions of contract).

when i got home after being sacked, i called a family meeting where 103 of my nearest and dearest attended, some flying in at short notice from Australia, the US, Canada, Wales and Sidcup. when i explained what had happened at the game and showed them footage, every one of my family disowned me. i was kicked out of my house staright after the meeting by my wife with my son vowing never to talk to me again (despite the fact that he himself had thrown a beach ball).

i am now living rough, out of a suitcase in the Marriott Hotel's (Bexleyheath) car park.

tough, tough times.

Look on the bright side. You still own a suitcase.
  • edited April 2016
    appreciate the sentiment but the suitcase has a 'Made in Belgium' label on it.
  • edited April 2016
    I'll stop stock-piling weapons then.

Was hoping for a Waco style stand off when the Cojones and Meire led SPG snatch squad sent to grab my daughter arrived on the doorstep.
  • They were never going to.

I presume someone senior at the club persuaded the Met that there was a risk of serious disorder and got them to issue the statement to try to deter the protests. Given Squirrel Face has a record of crying wolf when it comes to protests, no prizes for guessing who instigated that.

Continue/increase the protests, make their continuing involvement with Charlton hell.
  • Sponsored links:

• This whole thing is a tad silly. A bit like, as a child, your dad would threaten to take you up the police station if he caught you throwing conkers.
    No policeman wants notches on his truncheon for sending down a 60 year old beach ball throwing women.
    The club are just trying and failing to take the upper ground. They are embarrassing, it would have been better to laugh at or with us than to try and scare people with a threat they cant back up.
  • This whole thing is a tad silly. A bit like, as a child, your dad would threaten to take you up the police station if he caught you throwing conkers.
    No policeman wants notches on his truncheon for sending down a 60 year old beach ball throwing women.
    The club are just trying and failing to take the upper ground. They are embarrassing, it would have been better to laugh at or with us than to try and scare people with a threat they cant back up.

I suspect this latest farce could feature in the latest protest on Saturday!
  • mogodon said:

This whole thing is a tad silly. A bit like, as a child, your dad would threaten to take you up the police station if he caught you throwing conkers.

I suspect this latest farce could feature in the latest protest on Saturday!
    Yep, makes you want to join in a bit more.
    Unfortunately I can't as won't be going.
  • More beach balls I feel. Already been established that kicking them onto the pitch isn't an offence so if anyone is worried then do that or lob it behind you, which isn't at the pitch, and I'm sure it will get on there anyway.
  • It's been pretty cold up in those hills for the last few nights. Mama, I'm coming home ...
  • What a relief, just cancelled the plastic surgeon.
  • I ain't saying nuffink wivvaht me brief
  • seth plum said:

Phew.
    I've just been spending the last 48 hours practising stuffing a cigar tube packed with £50's up my arse.
    Farmer Giles wasn't happy.

Dare I ask what you had used to practise the insertion of a cigar tube? Naturally, it would have to be something of a similar size and shape...

Though, given the mention of Farmer Giles, I do hope you did not, in the process, worry any of his livestock.
  • Damn. I was ready to turn supergrass, and dob in my wife and daughters for throwing the beach balls.

So near, but yet so far ;-)