Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can You Help the Charlton Upbeats? - Upbeats Day April 16th 2016

If Bexleyheath-born Delia stayed true to her local roots she'd currently be reeking of gin and telling all that you are the 'besh fusball cher porters in the world'

So now we want you to prove it.

The annual Upbeats walk is just 8 days away.

Response to rallies on here to attract people to the 9 mile walk have been, well, less than overwhelming!

Equally, the sponsorship / donations raised is well down on last year. 15k was tremendously raised last year and that total currently sits at just 3k.

As the Community Trust's Head of Disability officer Carl Krauhaus said proudly when accepting a Disability Rights award on behalf of the Upbeats recently, this is a pioneering scheme that Charlton supporters have taken to their hearts. It receives no official funding, it is fully funded by sponsors and the Charlton support base.

So if you want to join the list below on a gentle 3hr walk next Saturday on what is sure to be a glorious Spring weekend :-), please respond with a yes and register on the link below.

If you can't do the walk for whatever reason, the scheme is desperate for your contribution which will help fund it for the next 12 months.

The link is below. It's currently at 3k. How far can the great Lifer community boost it by the end of today???

Thanks everyone. Up the Upbeats!

Donation

https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2016

Registration Form (link at bottom)

http://www.cact.org.uk/course/charity-walk-upbeats/288http://

Join this mixed bag of CL reprobates who so far will be participating

AFKA
Dave Mehmet
Welly
Danske
Suzi + Deccers
3 Blokes
Swisdom
BDL
KillersBeard
Tracey
Thai Malaysia Addick
T.C.E + Bailey the Dog
Dave Storry
Red Riding Hoodie
Lucky Red
GuinnessAddick
Morboe
Cardinal Sin
Ashburton

Comments

• I'll stick a score over as soon as the jam roll renting the flat has coughed up for March.
  • Done. I'll be there.
  • Details

Taking place on April 16th, The walking groups will set off at 9.00am from Sparrows Lane, before arriving at The Valley 9 miles and 3 and half hours later.
    Included for participating:

- 9 mile walk from Sparrows Lane to The Valley
    - Charlton Upbeats walking T-shirt
    - Charlton legend to lead your walking group
    - Discount off Charlton Athletic vs Derby County ticket

(I think) the walk is finishing by the Rose of Denmark, and I'm sure I heard @Tracey say that Big Carl is going to buy everyone a pint at the end of it :-)
  • £30 donated this morning but forgot to add my name so shown as anonymous. Doh!!
    Next year I'll hopefully be able to walk with you as well.
  • edited April 2016
    Someone sponsored Bailey £25 yesterday, for helping their little dog over his fear of big dogs! (Oh to be that popular)
  • Just shared the link on my Facebook page. I think people will be confused the page is for Sunil. If someone at CACT speaks to Justgiving they should be able to change that so it's Charlton Upbeats or CACT generic.

• Sponsored links:

• Thanks Suzi, I've highlighted to see if it can be updated.

1 hour in and 1 new walker to the Lifer Army and over £400 donated.

many thanks to (amongst others)

Ashburton
    RedM
    TCE
    Lancs Lad
    Suzi's family

And from the Lifers who have already donated

Eynesford Addick
    Redman
    Er_Be_Ab_Pl_Wo_Wo_Ch
    Bob Munro
  • Won't be able to join in the walk but now donated to this fantastic cause.
  • Donated - well done all!
  • Score donated.

Good luck one and all!!
  • Details

Taking place on April 16th, The walking groups will set off at 9.00am from Sparrows Lane, before arriving at The Valley 9 miles and 3 and half hours later.

(I think) the walk is finishing by the Rose of Denmark, and I'm sure I heard @Tracey say that Big Carl is going to buy everyone a pint at the end of it :-)

Unable to do it but have donated as friends are walking it... What time do people think it'll be finished?
  • 12.30 I reckon
  • I'm getting a few people to sponsor me but they find clicking a link and entering their bank details somewhat challenging, so I'll do it in one go nearer the time for them.
  • edited April 2016

Details

Unable to do it but have donated as friends are walking it... What time do people think it'll be finished?
    How long is Sparrows lane? I'll be finished about then!
    It was about 1.00/1.30 last time I believe

Edited........ About 12.30 !! Ahem ;)

• Donated - no worthier cause, no finer event
  • edited April 2016
    Big thanks to

Fanackapan's
    Suede,
    GHF
    NornIrish
    Doc64

Well over £500 boosted this morning, thanks everyone.

If you are thinking of donating, my advice would be to beat the lunchtime rush now before the justgiving website crashes :-)

• Sponsored links:

• I'm getting a few people to sponsor me but they find clicking a link and entering their bank details somewhat challenging, so I'll do it in one go nearer the time for them.

Sam here, most of mine will probably go on after the day.
  • I am in Cornwall from next Wednesday so cannot make the walk. I have just donated though so good luck to all on the day.
  • Lunchtime.

Those having a desk lunch sandwich and a bag of Scampy Fries....

• edited April 2016
    Thanks @eaststandmike

This day last year we managed to raise an incredible £3.9k in one day, and smashed the £1k mark within an hour.
  • I'm retweeting it now!
  • I've got about £100 to come so far from our staff. Time to do a subtle nudge
  • I'm in the process of getting some people to sponsor me so should be able to stick £50 in for starters by the end of the week.
  • £20 on its way.
  • Slowly edging up. Many thanks to

Solidgone
    Ellisaddick
    Henry Irving
    Boom
    Alex Wright
    PaulBaconSarnie
    MrOneLung

and others, much appreciated.