Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest Fund - New Appeal

It seems barely possible that the Protest Fund is little more than 3 months old. Started to create a fighting fund for the early protests, it grew rapidly and has played an invaluable part in enabling many of the protests we have seen so far.

Thanks to the generosity of very many Charlton fans, the amount raised to date from donations and the sale of CARD merchandise is now over £22,000.

But expenditure has risen fast as we have ramped up the protests in recent weeks. Since my last update, the fund has paid for:

- the mobile billboards for the sponsors day event
- 3,000 black and white stress balls
- 8,000 alternative programmes for the Birmingham game
- the "Dubai in SE7" outfits yesterday

and a considerable number of other things that we are keeping under wraps - all I will say is, don't miss the Brighton game!

But with the actual and committed spend to date, the coffers are nearly empty.

Although, as we read in yesterdays Voice of the Valley, there is perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel, a glimmer of hope - we can not afford to assume the fight is nearly over. CARD is working on plans to maintain the protests and pressure through the close season. This needs funding.

So, for the first time, we are now making this special new appeal. Please help us keep the pressure on Duchatelet and his regime. Whatever you can afford - all donations will be gratefully received and put to good use.

Bank details for donations on-line to the protest fund are:

Protest Fund
Sort code 20-68-04
Account number 50661678

Or you can pay by Paypal: alan.davis27@btinternet.com

Thank you.

Comments

• Just to add a couple of points:

1. Many people are referring to the fund as "the CARD fund". Understandable, but inaccurate. The fund pre-dates the formation of CARD and is open to all fans who want to gain funding for a protest initiative. All "applicants", including CARD, need to go through the same process - so we (i.e. @Curb_It and I) safeguard your money.

2. In addition to direct donations the fund has benefitted from specific CARD related initiatives, like the CARD merchandise, and some non-CARD initiatives, like the protest song and video by @Big in Brasov, which CARD was delighted to support but played little part in bringing to fruition.
  • Bump - just keeping it up there....
  • One quick bit of advice for those donating via Paypal, us the "Send Money to Friends and Family" to avoid processing fee.
  • Thought this deserved a bump, following the confirmation of our inevitable, pathetic and totally unnecessary relegation.

Don't be distracted by the rumours of takeover bids - this battle isn't over yet, we have to keep pushing until they've gone.
  • Davo55 said:

Whatever you can afford - all donations will be gratefully received and put to good use.

Will slap a donation down on Monday (pay day)
  • Donation on its way.
    Bump.
  • Trying to work at home.

Keep looking up to see this on the wall.

10 years ago next week.

Donation duly sent.
  • @davo55 - have you considered running a crowdfunding campaign? I think that at the moment that we don't make it particularly easy for fans of other clubs to donate.
  • donation should be in your account
  • Sponsored links:

• Just sent @Davo55. Many thanks for you and @Curb_It managing this and everyone donating & taking part. Looking forward to Saturday and the back of these interim and incompetent owners!
  • Thanks for the bump, the donations and the support. Truly, very much appreciated.

@Curb_It will acknowledge the bank transfers

I will acknowledge the PayPal receipts.

@olster - yes, we are thinking of setting up a crowdfunding page on Just Giving or similar. I have not pursued this as yet because this was really started as a Charlton Life thing, fellow lifers supporting the actions of fellow lifers. It's already kind of grown beyond that though and we regularly get donations from non-CL folk after our updates on twitter, Facebook and the CAS Trust website. We will be trying to set something up over the summer if the regime haven't sold up by then.
  • @davo55 happy to help and investigate platforms if you'd like.
  • @olster - thanks very much for that offer. Will be in touch early in the close season.
  • Can't do much from France but very pleased to help re boot the coffers. Keep on pushin'. Women can do do it so expect similar efforts from you guys ;-)
  • Donation done, keep up the good work!
  • Bumpity bump time
  • Thanks to all of you that have donated today. Very good.
  • Bumpy mcbumpface
    ... Let's get this going, funds needed for the burnley game and there after!
  • Pay day Wednesday.

If I wander into a bank with cash they'll do the transfer, won't they?

Don't do online banking, unless they'll reduce the charges, not sure if I even have a paypal account anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bump

Should this not be a sticky?
  • Pay day Wednesday.

If I wander into a bank with cash they'll do the transfer, won't they?

Don't do online banking, unless they'll reduce the charges, not sure if I even have a paypal account anymore.

Yes, that will be fine. Just give them the protest fund sort code and account number and the money - sorted. Thanks.
  • Donation transferred by paypal for the CARD war chest, keep up the brilliant work.
    Cheers Rich
    @trickreed
  • Thank you, Again!
  • I have a bet running on us to finish higher than MKD - if it cops I will top up the fund but it looks unlikely :(
  • What are the details again. Will donate tonight. Cheers.
  • edited April 2016
    ... on the very first post of this thread.
  • Any chance we can get an approx figure of what is left to spend?

This may encourage others to top it up.