Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Counting the Days 'Til Roland Duchatelet Sells Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Shaking like a shitting dog for this day to happen
  • Villa are about to be sold and the new owners want di matteo as manager and we are stuck with these two bob mugs.
  • Day 867.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......
  • It will be a whole lot sooner.

Duchatelet will be gone by the turn of the year after selling what players he can and seeing that the squad he has put together based around the Under 21 squad is not looking likely to get promotion to the Championship.
  • 3blokes said:

Day 867.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......

Year 3016
    How the hell is he still here?
    Oh fuck....
  • He both bought and sold Standard in June. That's the current straw I am clutching.
  • He both bought and sold Standard in June. That's the current straw I am clutching.

Great means we've got to put up with him until January then!!
  • edited May 2016

3blokes said:

Day 867.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......

Year 3016
    Oh fuck....
    More to the point, how the hell am I still here? :smile:

• Aston Villa sold for £60 million!

If that is the going rate for one of the country's biggest clubs, that has just been relegated to the Championship, and has three years of premiership parachute money to come, what is a fair value for Charlton? I would say a fraction of £38 million.
  • 3blokes said:

Day 867.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......

Year 3016
    Oh fuck....
    I only went as far as the Year 3000, not much has changed but we live under water.....................
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

Day 867.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......

Year 3016
    Oh fuck....
    I only went as far as the Year 3000, not much has changed but we live under water.....................
    All right, I'm going to say it, I quite liked one or two of Busted's songs.
    There. I've said it. :wink:

( leaves quietly via laundry basket....)
  • Day 868.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......
  • HE will sell within the next 10 years...
    He has to ....

Duchatelet bought in late December and sold early January so only a few months to go then ! Next season will be a write off but the season after that, Charlton will be able to rebuild & rise again.
  • Day 869 and 870.
    He's still here, and he's probably pottering around in his shed this morning, replacing the duct tape on his shoe, and counting his collection of different size springs.
    Oh fuck.....
  • 3blokes said:

Day 869 and 870.
    He's still here, and he's probably pottering around in his shed this morning, replacing the duct tape on his shoe, and counting his collection of different size springs.
    Oh fuck.....

I first read that as 'pottering around in his head'. I imagine he does a lot of that too.
  • 3blokes said:

Day 869 and 870.
    Oh fuck.....

I first read that as 'pottering around in his head'. I imagine he does a lot of that too.
    "......now who shall I send to Charlton....mmm...huh.....mmm....huh......what does my 8 year old whizz kid on Football Manager nephew reckon?......mmm....huh.....oh this duct tape looks good.....and think of the savings I am making from those bastards, Clarks....mmm...huh....

• 14 days without a manager / head coach
  • So Roland was born in 1947. He is 69.
    Belgian male life expectancy was around 68 in 1947.
    Currently the 4th highest cause of death in Belgium is Dementia.

#justsayin
  • Day 871.
    Well, Alan did his best to cheer us up over the weekend but...
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......
  • Sponsored links:

• Day 872.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck.....

• Day 873.
    What's the matter with him, he's still here.
    Looks like I picked the wrong thread to give up swearing, oh fuck.....
  • Day 874.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck........
  • I admire your persistence 3 blokes, you are like Charlton Life's version of the bloke that sat outside the South African embassy for years.
  • HarryLime said:

I admire your persistence 3 blokes, you are like Charlton Life's version of the bloke that sat outside the South African embassy for years.

I think it's going to be a case of which one of us goes first, me or him :wink:
  • Don't stop though please 3blokes, still puts a smile on my face every time I open this thread.
  • HandG said:

Don't stop though please 3blokes, still puts a smile on my face every time I open this thread.

Don't worry, sometimes a thread isn't just for close season it's for life..... :wink:
  • Day 875.
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck.......
  • Day 876 and 877.
    Why couldn't he just collect stamps? Or take up bowls or bending spoons?
    He's still here.
    Oh fuck......

• vffvff
    edited May 2016
    The 1,000 days of Duchatelet control would fall around Wednesday September 28th, It would be good that week to mark that special day.