Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could we see our biggest away attendances of all time this season

The argument that our attendance up north and away from home are poor could all change this season
With so many people not getting season tickets I would expect to see more fans on the road
And I really wouldn't be supprised on the opening day of the season to see over 1,000 fans at Bury
Nobody wants to be in League one, and I think it's vital to support the team away from home this season with the focus being on that rarther then the owners, we know to well what a shit pig this league is.

I'm one who will do the majority of away games this season, and I look forward to meeting fellow fans on my travels

/Matt

Comments

• The argument that our attendance up north and away from home are poor could all change this season
    With so many people not getting season tickets I would expect to see more fans on the road
    And I really wouldn't be supprised on the opening day of the season to see over 1,000 fans at Bury
    Nobody wants to be in League one, and I think it's vital to support the team away from home this season with the focus being on that rarther then the owners, we know to well what a shit pig this league is.

I'm one who will do the majority of away games this season, and I look forward to meeting fellow fans on my travels

/Matt

Over 1000 at Bury, would be nice but I think that will be wishful thinking.

We have one of the bottom 10 of the 92 of percentage away to home support.

Hopefully my good chum oohaah will give more details to 'support' this.
  • I think you're from a different universe.
  • There's been a lot of talk of only going to away games but

1) There's a big difference between going to "attractive" Championship games and many L1 ones
    2) If we are doing really well in the league, will people quietly start coming back to the Valley for the odd game or 3, or...
    3) If we are doing terribly in the league, will people really want to travel to Oldham and Port Vale to watch us lose embarrassingly?
  • Honestly I don't think so. Lots of people saying "I'll just go to away games" probably won't go to too many more than they already do, they just won't be going to home games as well.
  • I'll be going to Walsall, Bristol, the Toolbox, Gillingham, Southend, Northampton, Oxford. Swindon, MK, Wimbledon. That's about nine more aways than I usually see in a season. If there're many more like me, we should see quite a swelling in our away support.

Anyone in the away support with a swelling, I'd suggest getting down your GP's to get it looked at.
  • People were going to fewer away games last season...
  • Sponsored links:

• I have not renewed my season ticket and I will be attending.........................................zero away games.
  • I normally do 10-12 away games a season and imagine will do about this again.

Can see big crowds for the more local ones but still dont think we will get the numbers for the likes of Bury, Rochdale etc.

• Me, Mrs. Fattmatt, and the kids will be coming to at least 5 away games this season. Usually, I manage only 1.

But I won't be attending any home games, although I will try to attend protests at The Valley.

I would imagine that there are a good amount of people who will be thinking along these lines.
  • Lol, home crowds of 3,000, I wish.
  • Our little roadshow will take in at least 10 away games, with some new grounds to cross off.
  • edited June 2016
    I've been quite slack on away games for a couple of years now. Looking at the fixture list in hoping to do 15 or so.
  • Met a great bunch of AFC Wimbledon fans in Le Mans - have said I'll pop to their gaff - win lose or draw we've agreed on a pie and a pint after. So, that one more away match than I managed last year.
  • There will be half decent crowds for some of the new grounds like Bury, Oxford and Coventry. sell outs for Wimbledon,millwall, northampton, gillingham and possibly southend. Then the usual crap crowds for Bolton, Scunthorpe and Swindon
  • in my 50 odd years supporting Charlton our away support has been pretty apathetic with the exception of the odd huge away crowd...sadly cant see that changing anytime soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it would be a telling statement if we can get high away support and low home support.
  • Hotel and train booked for fleetwood (Blackpool)
  • If we start well I think lots will bite there lip and start going to home games,think we will get good away support what ever we are doing on the pitch,and its a big shame but cant see our owners selling either
  • I won't be going to home games (unless there's a REALLY GOOD protest planned), and I'm definitely going to be going to more away games than I usually do. Won't be all of them, but I think I'm on course to make about half... Doubt we'll notice any massive increase in numbers overall though, especially for the longer trips...
  • Nicholas said:

There will be half decent crowds for some of the new grounds like Bury, Oxford and Coventry. sell outs for Wimbledon,millwall, northampton, gillingham and possibly southend. Then the usual crap crowds for Bolton, Scunthorpe and Swindon

Where were you in 2007-08 mate? I was at the Ricoh watching - I think - a 1-1 draw.
  • First two matches i have in mind to do Cheltenham and Fleetwood my 92nd ground.
  • Biggest ratio of away to home attendances, certainly. Biggest away attendances, seriously doubt it.
  • drewman said:

Nicholas said:

There will be half decent crowds for some of the new grounds like Bury, Oxford and Coventry. sell outs for Wimbledon,millwall, northampton, gillingham and possibly southend. Then the usual crap crowds for Bolton, Scunthorpe and Swindon

Where were you in 2007-08 mate? I was at the Ricoh watching - I think - a 1-1 draw.
    Yeah was there too but I don't think many others were
  • Bury will have a new ground factor for quite a few fans , not for the previously seasoned traveller like myself who was so drunk in my one visit there i tried to leave at ht thinking it was full time but at a pound a pint what do you expect

I did exactly the same in Marseille for the Russia game. Absolutely steaming.
  • Nicholas said:

drewman said:

Nicholas said:

Yeah was there too but I don't think many others were
    We had a good turnout that day. The following season for a turgid 0 0 I was one of about 150. Easter Monday I think it was.