Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed: Nicky Ajose Signs 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 19m19 minutes ago
    #cafc confirm Nicky Ajose transfer. Three-year deal. Delay in move was down to his agent being out of the country.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 16m16 minutes ago
    Ajose came into Sparrows Lane training ground last week to have medical. Scored 25 goal in all comps last season #cafc

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 16m16 minutes ago
    Fee definitely isn't £800k. Led to believe that #cafc paying hefty chunk up front.

https://t.co/D9C7Qqe37d

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance, especially where Charlton are concerned.
  • Is it less than £800k or more?
  • Redrobo said:

Is it less than £800k or more?

Undisclosed.
  • Redrobo said:

Is it less than £800k or more?

Boris has given us the entire Brexit EU savings to buy him
  • Swisdom said:

“I was impressed by his enthusiasm. I couldn’t get rid of him when I met him, we sat there talking for an hour and ten minutes. He was talking about the club, he wanted to know everything and that is fantastic. His thirst for knowledge of Charlton and his thirst for getting started and getting cracking was really pleasing.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-new-signing-swindon-town-nicky-ajose-3158488.aspx#MQZvU42K65Bf2k0S.99
    Now that's what I want to hear from a signing.

I'm sure Reza was the same when he signed
  • Peterborough signed Brad Inmann today! He was in thought would do well for us but nevermind
  • If we manage to keep everyone we will win the league next season by a mile.

Just depends who goes.
  • Looks useful and did the unexpected with a few of those goals. Good luck to the lad. A couple of those Swindon players looked useful actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• AshBurton said:

LouisMend said:

League goals last season - Ajose 24, Novak 14, Holmes 11 (Total 49).

Charlton - 40.

Great stat, @LouisMend . No wonder you're a thrusting sports journalist and I'm sitting in an office not thrusting at all.
    I did some thrusting last night.
  • AshBurton said:

LouisMend said:

Charlton - 40.

Great stat, @LouisMend . No wonder you're a thrusting sports journalist and I'm sitting in an office not thrusting at all.
    Glad somebody had a good night!
  • It's taken a relegation and 30 months for the clowns in charge to get the basics right.

Am still waiting on who leaves by the end of August, that will be more telling.
  • AshBurton said:

LouisMend said:

Charlton - 40.

Who's ladder did you borrow? :wink:
  • All very good, but where does this leave my ST boycott? (and yes, I've had the call....)
  • Nicky Ay Joe Say

or Nicky Ah Hose eh?

or Nicky Ah Joes eh?
  • No longer fearing relegation next season.
  • No longer fearing relegation next season.

Looking forward to midtable mediocrity?

• This has made me want to buy a ticket to the first game of the season. Does that make me a bad person?
  • Sponsored links:

• Top signing for this level, starting to look forward to the season rather than dreading it. Keep the signings coming and limit the departures, then may be a promotion challenge is on the cards.
  • Are we having the wool pulled over our eyes again?
  • I am now excited for August and yes more in hope than expectation but well done slade and it all looks good so far
  • I am going to have to find a way of coding a button so that it says 'I like what Slade has done there'.

This will be at least the fourth time I've had to type it out :).
  • I'll give my opinion in November. If Roland stops the interference in the playing staff and shows the level of ambition that a club like ours should have and the CEO concentrates on running the club rather than antagonising the fans I'll start to believe they have come round to a normal way of running a club.
    I wish Ajose well and hope he is successful in his time at our club, he's a good player and should complement the other new arrivals and existing players but we all know this mob have a track record second to none for screwing up.
  • Essex_Al said:

AshBurton said:

LouisMend said:

Charlton - 40.

Who's ladder did you borrow? :wink:
    We don't have a bed!
  • "Stand up if you're easily pleased".
  • It's taken a relegation and 30 months for the clowns in charge to get the basics right.

Am still waiting on who leaves by the end of August, that will be more telling.

And the size of the squad come August. That's been one of their biggest and most repeated errors. We have always had a few players come in that looked decent. Just not enough of them.
    These c**** have to go regardless.

They have destroyed Charlton Athletic.