Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed: Nicky Ajose Signs 3 Year Deal

Comments

• With the pace, skill, movement and directness that Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, and hopefully Zyro and Kaikai will afford us I feel like having a poacher/someone who will play off a defenders shoulder and run the channels like Ajose is not a bad thing.

If he is putting his head down, and working hard in training, I cannot see why he shouldn't at least be an option off the bench against tiring defenders.

Agreed, Ajose offers more of a Plan B/Plan C option than KAG
    Ajose offers the plan where we can put low crosses into the box with someone getting on the end of them in the sort of style that Wigan played when they scored their first goal against us - Sadly though, I've not seen hardly any of our crosses be like that this season even when Magennis hasn't been in the middle of the box
  • Should be on the bench on Saturday at least. If we're level or losing and need to chase the game, who do we have better to play alongside Josh in a front two?

Mavididi or Zyro maybe?
  • I'd rather Ajose was at Crawley rather than KAG if I'm honest.

I don't disagree with you...

But, the fact of the matter is, someone wanted KAG, no-one seems to want Ajose.

More of a compliment to Karlan, than a criticism, in my view...
    Ajose's wages are much higher than KAG's I imagine. Crawley can make a decent contribution to KAG's wages whereas they couldn't afford to do the same for Ajose.
  • edited February 2018

I'd rather Ajose was at Crawley than KAG if I'm honest.

I'd rather Ajose was at Crawley rather than KAG if I'm honest.

I don't disagree with you...

But, the fact of the matter is, someone wanted KAG, no-one seems to want Ajose.

More of a compliment to Karlan, than a criticism, in my view...
    Probably comes down to Wages... I cant imagine many sides being able to afford to pay what Ajose is on each week - Bury might be at the bottom of the League yet with some of the players they've got, they must have a bit of cash.

i.e. Just looking at their squad: Joe Murphy | Stephen Dawson | Jermaine Beckford | Chris Maguire | Rohan Ince | James Hanson thats a group of players who could probably join most squads at this level
  • With the pace, skill, movement and directness that Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, and hopefully Zyro and Kaikai will afford us I feel like having a poacher/someone who will play off a defenders shoulder and run the channels like Ajose is not a bad thing.

If he is putting his head down, and working hard in training, I cannot see why he shouldn't at least be an option off the bench against tiring defenders.

Thing is if you are playing Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, Zyro and Kaikai as well as Ajose then you've got not Kashi, JFC or Aribo.

Robinson might be talking up Ajose now and saying how's he changed but that wasn't what he was saying a few weeks ago.

I think Ajose will be lucky to get a place on the bench let alone in the starting XI
    I didn't mean play them all together - but a combination of those will give us lots of options going forwards. Against Walsall I saw very encouraging signs that we are being much more fluid, and dynamic with our attacking play with the front 4/5 constantly shifting positions. It was not perfect, but going moving forwards if we play like that and continue to improve then we are going to frighten lots of defenders.

• edited February 2018
    I’m hoping that if we do have Ajose back in the squad it is because he has worked his absolutes off and deserves to be in the squad, rather than just getting a place because we have loads of injuries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Depending on who is fit, as others have said he may not make the bench. If Kashi, JFC, Aribo, Fosu, Steph, Marshall, Kal, Zyro, Mag and Reeves are all available you have your front 6 and plenty of bench options.

But with injuries and plenty of midweek games coming up, I'm happy for him to get another chance at some point
  • edited February 2018

Could be just very laid back about life but that body language wouldnt get him any jobs in the real world if he was being interviewed
  • Ajose > Magennis

Not comparable i am afraid, Mag definitely contributes more to the team and completely different styles. Ajose needs to be played in a front 2 where he can play off the shoulder ideally, otherwise he is surplus to requirements here. If we ever change formation he could prove useful.

• Could be just very laid back about life but that body language wouldnt get him any jobs in the real world if he was being interviewed
    Looks like he is number 32 now (going by the number on his training shirt), is there something about that number and bad attitude?
  • edited February 2018
    If Ajose can manage to not score an own goal in the next 2 months he will already be more useful than Magennis
  • i'd play

Marshall Kaikai Fosu

Mavididi
  • All deserve a 2nd chance, no doubt he's a goal scorer but do his qualities fit a Robinson system, if he does get a start or a sub and nabs 5-7 goals we are in a very good place top six wise.

Thing is if you are playing Fosu, Stephy, Marshall, Zyro and Kaikai as well as Ajose then you've got not Kashi, JFC or Aribo.

Robinson might be talking up Ajose now and saying how's he changed but that wasn't what he was saying a few weeks ago.

I think Ajose will be lucky to get a place on the bench let alone in the starting XI
    How could he say anything about Ajose's attitude in training a few weeks ago when the guy only returned from his loan 2 weeks back? Clearly Ajose has returned and is training hard, hence the praise from KR.

Personally i think he could be a useful bench option if we need to change something or (praise the lord) KR decides to go 2 up front late in a game.
    If your face doesn't fit seems to be the attitude of a number of fans.

Karl said a couple of weeks ago Ajose wasn't in his plans, now he says he has come in, worked hard and is now a choice for contention.

His goalscoring record of 89 goals in 272 games (0.32 gpg) isn't that bad at all. He's now got to prove he can do that for us.
  • at the city addicks meeting i'm sure karl alluded to that ajose didnt want to be here ( please correct me if im wrong ), as usual karl is getting carried away and really making an ultimate banker on were going to get playoffs.
  • Reading this thread (after the announcement of his return) makes me quite sad. I know he's injured, but it seems everyone has completely forgotten Billy Clarke, and his impact on our play at the start of the season.

"Out of sight, out of mind..."
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's hope his usefulness doesn't end at generating dozens of 'my formation' posts..

• It feels like Ajose is being unveiled as a 'new signing', judging by Robinson talking him up.
    And now a Valley Pass interview.

Something does indeed seem to have changed ....... unless it's just a cover up because he couldn't be unloaded.
    But in the spirit of things, we have to give him the chance to prove himself.

Of course, as Swindon did, he needs to be played to his strengths - balls played for him to run on to through the channels or into space; or short inside the box. He's also a decent poacher, picking up loose balls in the box. And he can take a penalty.

But if he gets a chance to make an impact, then it's really all up to Nicky Ajose.
  • edited February 2018
    In a funny way IF Ajose is a success it will slightly rebound on Robinson, seeing that he's loaned him out twice already, last January and again in the summer!

Agreed, Ajose offers more of a Plan B/Plan C option than KAG
    Ajose offers the plan where we can put low crosses into the box with someone getting on the end of them in the sort of style that Wigan played when they scored their first goal against us - Sadly though, I've not seen hardly any of our crosses be like that this season even when Magennis hasn't been in the middle of the box
    Magennis's movement isn't great though, he seems very static and thus is easy to mark
  • In a funny way IF Ajose is a success it will slightly rebound on Robinson, seeing that he's loaned him out twice already, last January and again in the summer!

I don't think Robbo will be too bothered.

If Ajose is a success, then the team benefit - and hopefully reflected in winning matches.

• Could be just very laid back about life but that body language wouldnt get him any jobs in the real world if he was being interviewed
    Looks like he is number 32 now (going by the number on his training shirt), is there something about that number and bad attitude?
    It’s another option, but if I’m honest I very much see his return having the impact Tony Watt’s did this time last year
  • Reading this thread (after the announcement of his return) makes me quite sad. I know he's injured, but it seems everyone has completely forgotten Billy Clarke, and his impact on our play at the start of the season.

Not me @East_Stand_Loopy

Made the team tick and we miss him big time.

He's out for the rest of the season though isn't he? So there's not much point discussing him and squad picks at this point.

Was my Player of the Year up until the injury

Would swap him with Marshall as per @Pelling1993's team select and go with

Kaikai | Clarke | Fosu
    Mavididi

Was my Player of the Year up until the injury

Would swap him with Marshall as per @Pelling1993's team select and go with

Kaikai | Clarke | Fosu
    Mavididi
    I certainly would agree with Clarke's inclusion, was just meaning for the rest of the season seeing as Clarke is out