Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed: Nicky Ajose Signs 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options

TelMc32 said:

Saw that earlier @ross1 wasn't sure if he'd gone again or just Sky being their usual shite couldn't care less outside their Premiership selves!

I was going with the latter!!

Must be sky talking shite

At the end of transfer deadline he was our player, not sure when loan window reopens but am sure it would have been on CAFC twitter if he had left.
    Loan Window doesnt exist anymore
    Thats what i get for playing to much FM lol
  • Options
    Scoham said:

TelMc32 said:

Saw that earlier @ross1 wasn't sure if he'd gone again or just Sky being their usual shite couldn't care less outside their Premiership selves!

I was going with the latter!!

Must be sky talking shite

At the end of transfer deadline he was our player, not sure when loan window reopens but am sure it would have been on CAFC twitter if he had left.
    Loan Window doesnt exist anymore
    Thats what i get for playing to much FM lol
    Doesn't exist in FM now either :wink:
    Does on FMM
  • Options
    After what KR said about Ajose that he has been training well and wants to play for us.

Be interesting to see how long he gets today and how well he plays
  • Options
    An in form Ajose will be a match for any defence in this league. Last two performances have been real class.

Just wait 'till he starts scoring!
  • Options
    Certainly deserved a goal today.
  • Options
    Has been class since Robbo has gone. His dummy today was world class took 3 players out the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just before he was given the hook, he was really annoyed that Aribo didn’t play an early ball to him for him to score. Straight afterwards he was taken off and he was so frustrated that he was being taken without scoring. His sense of frustration and desperation to stay on the pitch was good to watch.

Ajose wants to be at Charlton and he looks like an asset to us.

Noticed this too. Players want to be playing is only a good thing.
  • Options
    Numerous people on here, me included, have questioned his attitude and wanted to pack him off.

Is he playing for a move or have we found a system that can get the best out of him?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Numerous people on here, me included, have questioned his attitude and wanted to pack him off.

Is he playing for a move or have we found a system that can get the best out of him?

You old cynic Elfs, playing as the second striker certainly suits his game but he genuinely seemed up for it today and showed no sign of the sulky disinterested player of last season. He was in there celebrating the goals with the rest of the team and working hard in the build up play. Maybe Bowyer and or JJ have done a decent man motivation job on him after Tarbuck had given him the cold shoulder.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You old cynic Elfs, playing as the second striker certainly suits his game but he genuinely seemed up for it today and showed no sign of the sulky disinterested player of last season. He was in there celebrating the goals with the rest of the team and working hard in the build up play. Maybe Bowyer and or JJ have done a decent man motivation job on him after Tarbuck had given him the cold shoulder.
    Alternatively hopefully he can return to the 25 goals in the season he scored for Swindon.

• Options

The latter I think.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    He's had a poor couple of seasons - I think it's the reason why he's so desparate to score in front of our fans. I'm sure he understands that any move he might get wouldn't be fantastic of the back of a dozen games.

I think it's right place, right time for him under Bowyer and the way he is setting up his sides.
  • Options
    Was it Ajose that did the dummy to set Fosu on the way for his first goal?
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    His running off the ball yesterday created so much space pulling their defenders with him, intelligent and selfless footballer. He was ruined by the fat bluffer and his stubbornness for 4231.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

His running off the ball yesterday created so much space pulling their defenders with him, intelligent and selfless footballer. He was ruined by the fat bluffer and his stubbornness for 4231.

Tbf to KR, Ajose didn't even try when Slade was manager.

Ajose and all the squad want to play for Bowyer. It's a remarkable transformation.
    He was never going to suit KR tactics.
  • Options

Ajose and all the squad want to play for Bowyer. It's a remarkable transformation.
    He was never going to suit KR tactics.
    Pass sidewards and backwards and don't get the ball in the penalty box, will never suit any player :smiley:
  • Options

And often all you have to do, to get the best out of a footballer - is to play to his strengths.

Why do many managers not do this?

• Options
    edited March 2018

It's amazing isn't it... almost as if having a positive manager who wants to be here rather than one who's spent the last few weeks sulking has had some sort of uplifting affect on the players rather than a negative....
  • Options
    If ajose scores the winners in a couple of games, he could have a whole new career at Charlton ahead.
    Hopefully the attitude and endeavour he showed in the last two games is a sign of what’s to come!
  • Options

He was close to being our top scorer during those games he played when he wasn't trying, one of those goals being a peach against the Scum. I'll admit, though, it looked like sometimes he scored by accident (Walsall away, anyone?).
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

And often all you have to do, to get the best out of a footballer - is to play to his strengths.

Why do many managers not do this?

Because in some cases, a manager feels that concentrating on one player's strengths, can be to the detriment of the team or certain other players.

Ajose came back from Bury at a good time and has seized his chance. It's going well and long may that continue but there will always be players not in the team, whose stock will rise if we go on a bad run.

The diamond formation may well be the favourite to bring out the best in our attacking options and I think that in our position, we're right to go for wins and take the risk. That's not to say, that if we get ahead in games, we shouldn't go 4-5-1 to see out a win.

I've always felt we've had the players to go on a strong run but it hasn't happened. I'm hoping that this isn't another false dawn and that we finally get some luck regarding further injuries.
  • Options

I can’t help but think we’ve questioned the attitudes of the wrong people over the past 2 seasons. I truly believe that the attitude we should have questioned is that of the current Oxford boss.

Let’s face it, as soon as he isn’t happy with someone they don’t get another chance. He was too stubborn to try 4-4-2 from the start at least once. A month or two ago he named 5 subs out of a possible 7... he could’ve filled the last 2 with deserving kids. And his petulance in front of the media before he left a sinking ship said a lot.

I think with Bow and Jacko you’ll get better man management.
    Ajose still had problems with Slade as well though.
  • Options
    Massive games for Nicky coming up. It looked certain that his Charlton careeer which never really started was already over. Needs to get on the scoresheet at least three times I would say and then who knows. Certainly looks like he has a future at league one level if he’s motivated and played in the right way.