Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed: Nicky Ajose Signs 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options

Reading this thread (after the announcement of his return) makes me quite sad. I know he's injured, but it seems everyone has completely forgotten Billy Clarke, and his impact on our play at the start of the season.

"Out of sight, out of mind..."

Injured and this is a thread about Ajose, so i dont think anyone has forgotten about him just an odd place to drop it in.
  • Options
    Unless he's so disruptive he'd be better off at home on gardening leave (although he doesn't look the type who's int tending Rhododendrons), if he's going to be stuck around the place we might as well recall him so he's available for selection if we get desperate or he finally pulls his finger out and finds some of the form that made us sign him in the first place. I don't know how the wages balance out, and frankly that's Roland's problem so who cares, but KAG going out on loan to get games is the best thing for him and Ajose fills that place in the squad so we have a plan D or E if we get a lot of injuries again.

Would be amazed if we see him on the bench on Saturday.
  • Options

Unless he's so disruptive he'd be better off at home on gardening leave (although he doesn't look the type who's int tending Rhododendrons), if he's going to be stuck around the place we might as well recall him so he's available for selection if we get desperate or he finally pulls his finger out and finds some of the form that made us sign him in the first place. I don't know how the wages balance out, and frankly that's Roland's problem so who cares, but KAG going out on loan to get games is the best thing for him and Ajose fills that place in the squad so we have a plan D or E if we get a lot of injuries again.

Injured, will be available hopefully following week
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Injured, will be available hopefully following week
    That's why it'd be a surprise.

He won't be on the bench the following week either if the rest of our forwards are fit.
  • Options

i'd play

Marshall Kaikai Fosu

Mavididi

Sounds good.
    I wouldn't know whether to play Kaikai over Zylo as I haven't seen them play, but both sound exciting.

A year ago we managed a 1-1 v. Fleetwood with this team:

Rudd
    Solly
    Bauer
    Konsa
    Chicksen [Subbed for Jackson at 65'minutes]
    Aribo
    Crofts
    Forster-Caskey [Subbed for Teixeira at 86'minutes]
    Byrne
    Watt
    Holmes [Subbed for Novak at 78'minutes]

We've definitely been upgraded.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Amos Phillips
    Solly Dijksteel Sarr Bauer Lennon Konsa Pearce Dasilva Page
    Forster-Caskey Kashi Jackson Aribo Reeves
    Marshall Fosu Kaikai Mavididi
    Magennis Zyro Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

Looks like a decent enough squad to me, with people like Umerah, Lapslie, Hanlan etc. In case of a huge injury crisis

By the standards of this tin-pot league, that is one hell of a squad. Not qualifying for the play-offs with it is unthinkable
    Agreed. Pretty much a mid-level Championship squad.

The issue will be can Robinson motivate them?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Amos Phillips
    Solly Dijksteel Sarr Bauer Lennon Konsa Pearce Dasilva Page
    Forster-Caskey Kashi Jackson Aribo Reeves
    Marshall Fosu Kaikai Mavididi
    Magennis Zyro Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

If we can approach every game with 24 players on the pitch, we should win.
  • Options
    With the attacking options that we have if I never see Ajose in a Charlton shirt again I won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    I reckon there will be an agreement to cancel his contract.
  • Options

Could be just very laid back about life but that body language wouldnt get him any jobs in the real world if he was being interviewed
    Exactly he is saying one thing and his body is saying the opposite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All I've ever done is slate Ajose, and now I hope he's going to win his place back and become a hero.
    Does that mean I'm now proper Charlton?

[No, it means you're an idiot.]
  • Options
    With so much flare from the three behind the one up top I think a tap in striker with a yard of pace could be just the ticket, let’s see and give him a chance, feels like a second debut this.
  • Options
    He's got another year remaining on his contract - he can just run out it down if he wanted.

If Ajose has more than half a brain cell, then he must realise he needs to really show people what he can do.
    And that includes attitude and involvement.

Whether he stays at Charlton or wants to move on, he'll need to impress.
    Or it's a downward spiral.

• Options
    redbuttle said:

Could be just very laid back about life but that body language wouldnt get him any jobs in the real world if he was being interviewed
    Exactly he is saying one thing and his body is saying the opposite.
    i hear to help him bond with the manager he had a food eating contest with robinson. so he was just stretching out afterwards at the press conference. naturally robinson won but he felt Ajose showed his commitment and is up for the challenge.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Reading this thread (after the announcement of his return) makes me quite sad. I know he's injured, but it seems everyone has completely forgotten Billy Clarke, and his impact on our play at the start of the season.

"Out of sight, out of mind..."

Injured and this is a thread about Ajose, so i dont think anyone has forgotten about him just an odd place to drop it in.
    Billy Clarke did really well, but he's out injured for another 6 months minimum, so I fail to understand the comment.
  • Options
    Never been a fan but he is back now so get behind him

He is a poacher so if he grabs 4/5 goals as a late sub to get us in the play offs he is good with me

Certainly no point slagging the bloke if he is still here till May

We have good attacking options and Ajose is one of them
  • Options
    Robinson is about as interested in picking Ajose for the first team as I am in growling out Ann Widdecombe.
  • Options
    If Ajose had been in the same situations as Magennis has been over the past few months I'm sure he would have tucked a couple away - like the one-on-ones (Walsall & Bury) & the f**king 4 yarder at Wimbledon in the cup.

(yes, its still rankles with me.....)
  • Options
    In the very few times I've seen Ajose play he wasn't interested, felt like he was just going through the motions. I don't care if you're a poacher type striker you've gotta put the effort in and work for the team.
  • Options
    So a Jose came to me during the week and said ‘come on mate, I wanna stay, i wanna fight for me plate’.

Fat git
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Ajose had been in the same situations as Magennis has been over the past few months I'm sure he would have tucked a couple away - like the one-on-ones (Walsall & Bury) & the f**king 4 yarder at Wimbledon in the cup.

(yes, its still rankles with me.....)

I'm pretty sure he also missed a number of one on ones.
  • Options
    He's become a better player while being out of the team. What do we call that, Danny Green syndrome?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

He's become a better player while being out of the team. What do we call that, Danny Green syndrome?

Harsh on Ajose
  • Options

I reckon there will be an agreement to cancel his contract.

If RD and KM were still here then Id maybe agree... Reckon under the new owners they might not be so willing - Guess the takeover could be another reason why he wants to stay
  • Options
    I do not understand this news, but according to SSN, Ajose is going to play for Bury in their game tonight?
  • Options
    Saw that earlier @ross1 wasn't sure if he'd gone again or just Sky being their usual shite couldn't care less outside their Premiership selves!

I was going with the latter!!
  • Options

Robinson is about as interested in picking Ajose for the first team as I am in growling out Ann Widdecombe.

Where are you taking her?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Where are you taking her?
    Up the Oxo Tower :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Saw that earlier @ross1 wasn't sure if he'd gone again or just Sky being their usual shite couldn't care less outside their Premiership selves!

Must be sky talking shite

At the end of transfer deadline he was our player, not sure when loan window reopens but am sure it would have been on CAFC twitter if he had left.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Must be sky talking shite

At the end of transfer deadline he was our player, not sure when loan window reopens but am sure it would have been on CAFC twitter if he had left.
    Loan Window doesnt exist anymore