Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre Season in Austria

edited June 2016 in General Charlton
Confirmed

PRE-SEASON | Addicks will head to Austria for a week-long training camp on July 13th > https://t.co/jPbYBtEWvO #cafc https://t.co/1z6QwGpqkE

Slade's men will play two friendly matches while based in Loipersdorf in the Styrian region of Austria... https://t.co/FzWu5DS4yl #cafc

We take on Russian Premier League side FC Anji Makhachkala on Saturday, July 16th --> https://t.co/FzWu5DS4yl #cafc

Before coming up against Israeli Premier League side Maccabi Petah Tikva on Tuesday, July 19th -->
https://t.co/FzWu5DS4yl #cafc

Venue and kick-off times are yet to be confirmed, but we will publicise full information once finalised --> https://t.co/jPbYBtEWvO #cafc

2 relatively decent sides that we are playing there

Comments

• Anji Makhachkala?

Please let that side include Roberto Carlos - greatest left back ever ever ever..... Even at 43 I'd still love to see us play against him.
  • Addickted said:

Anji Makhachkala?

Please let that side include Roberto Carlos - greatest left back ever ever ever..... Even at 43 I'd still love to see us play against him.

No such luck, he plays in India now.

They have Johnathan Mensah, but it's not the John Mensah that once played for Sunderland
  • Think Guy Luzon used to manage Petah Tikva
  • Sounds a far better pre-season than the last two seasons
  • Keep away from the Hills, they're alive!!
  • Will the Russian's be bringing their fans? Wibble.
  • The hills are alive with the sound of Charlton
    With songs they have sung for a hundred and eleven years
    The hills fill my heart with the sound of Valley Floyd road
    My heart wants to sing the Nabby Sarr song with gusto
    My heart wants to beat like the wings of the Robin
    That dumps on Anji and Tiva from the lake to the trees
    My heart wants to sigh that Roland's still Owns
    From a church on a free
    To laugh like Katrien when Reza trips and falls
    Novak, Ajose and Holmes on their way

You are Sixty going on seventy
    Roland it's time to think
    Better beware, canny and Careful
    Roland you're on the brink.

CAFC Coffin on shoulders and stressballs on Pitches,
    Whistles are blowing and Forwards are stopping,
    banners are showing, where the Liar is sitting,
    these are a few of my favourite things.
  • Anji is the side that eto'o and samba played for correct?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anji is the side that eto'o and samba played for correct?

Yup, though they don't have any big name players any more
  • Styria in Austria is beautiful - I holidayed there last summer.

If the weather is good it's a fantastic place to visit and get on the local brews
  • God christ , couldn't they find a team from ISIS to play.
  • edited June 2016

Anji is the side that eto'o and samba played for correct?

Eto'o was reported to be on £350k a week there.
  • Obviously, RD has to get the squad away from Belgium for pre-season, in case any naughty boys come knocking on his or KM's door
  • T said:

A side in a state with questionable ethics & from a dangerous dictatorship will play Maccabi Petah Tikva and FC Anji Makhachkala

V. good. Wished I could have handed out multi lols.
  • God christ , couldn't they find a team from ISIS to play.

No one wants to play FC Raqaa anymore. They've got a terrible reputation for chopping down the opposition.
  • Does anybody know where the game is being staged on the Saturday.

I'll bring back programmes for anybody that can help.
  • Addickted said:

Anji Makhachkala?

Christopher Samba used to play for them too. I see he has been released this summer and has barely played for 3 years and has family still in the UK...... Must be on an Internet scouts radar.
  • Sponsored links:

• I used to live and work in Stainach in the province of Styria. The Loipersdorf area is at the other end of the province very close to the Hungarian frontier. In my day the border was very much the 'Iron Curtain' with barbed wire, watch towers and mine fields. During my time in Austria I tried to recruit as many locals as I could to the Charlton cause. Those who are still with us I have emailed, so we may see a few superannuated German speaking Addicks turning up to cheer on the lads!

Where is the nearest train station?
  • To get to Loipersdorf you need a train or bus from Graz HBF. These days most likely a bus to Fuerstenfeld. From memory the journey doesn't take that long. The main station at Graz has been rebuilt in recent years and the direction signs should be in place for the Fuerstenfeld bus/train. Taxis in Austria are not that cheap, but not so damned expensive as in Switzerland! If you're going by car it's signposted all the way, but don't end up in Hungary by mistake. Good luck to the team and to any Addicks who make the trip.
  • To get to Loipersdorf you need a train or bus from Graz HBF. These days most likely a bus to Fuerstenfeld. From memory the journey doesn't take that long. The main station at Graz has been rebuilt in recent years and the direction signs should be in place for the Fuerstenfeld bus/train. Taxis in Austria are not that cheap, but not so damned expensive as in Switzerland! If you're going by car it's signposted all the way, but don't end up in Hungary by mistake. Good luck to the team and to any Addicks who make the trip.

Much obliged, unfortunately at this stage of the day the prices have gone through the roof.

Sorry, no idea @ElfsborgAddick but the museum would ile any programmes, tickets, team sheets, posters etc going spare.
  • Anyone going to these friendlies ?

Where are you flying from / to........ etc ?

Sorry, no idea @ElfsborgAddick but the museum would ile any programmes, tickets, team sheets, posters etc going spare.
    As it is now, so would I!
  • Anyone going to these friendlies ?

Where are you flying from / to........ etc ?

Vienna return is about £200
    Vienna to Graz return by train@ approximately £50
    Two nights hotel @ £100
    Food and drink.

A cheaper option was flying to Budapest.

Anybody need anymore help that is too long winded by keyboard, inbox me your phone number.
  • A few days ago I got Manchester to Vienna for £110, but the Easyjet bastards charge £40 hold baggage, so comes out as £150. I am going for a week, (Thurs-Thurs) based in Vienna as I'm doubling up a few Charlton games with a bit of Viennese culture and cafe life. Based in a central 4* hotel, B+B for £400 for 7 nights. Depending on where they play the games I might have to book overnight stays if I can't get back to Vienna. Vienna to Graz is about 2.5hrs. Looking forward to it as I've never been to Vienna.
  • The venues for Charlton's two pre-season friendlies, which take place during the week-long training camp in Austria in July, have been confirmed.

Russell Slade's men kick-off the summer campaign at Welling United on Saturday before jetting off to Loipersdorf on Wednesday, July 13th, following their second pre-season clash against Bromley on Tuesday evening.

And the Addicks will take on Russian Premier League side Anzhi Makhachkala at the Adeg-Meisterfrost Arena, home of Austrian fourth division outfit SC Pinkafeld (full address: Mühlbachweg 13, 7423 Pinkafeld, Austria), on Saturday, July 16th (6pm local time).

Meanwhile, Charlton will round-up the week with a match against Israeli side Maccabi Petah Tikva at the Hans Krogger Stadium in Prätis, home of USC Sonnhofen (full address: Prätis 70, 8225 Prätis, Austria) on Tuesday, July 19th (6pm).

The friendly matches in Austria are open to spectators, with supporters able to pay on the gate. Prices are yet to be fixed, but the club have been informed that the tickets will be within the region of €10 for adults and will advertise once confirmed.

The club will provide full coverage of both games on cafc.co.uk as well as across all of our official social media channels.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-austria-pre-season-friendly-3170034.aspx#lLoBLI2TR5CxOghk.99
  • Lol we're playing Anzhi Makhachkala?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/russia

"Advise against all travel to Dagestan" - probably why they're touring abroad pre season. Guess home is a fortress for them though (possibly literally)