Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Toni Kroos

Watched him a fair but, think he's highly overated.

Comments

• Must say I Disagree, if anything feel he's underrated, the best passer of the ball in this competition, aswell as being completely relaxed and assured on the ball
  • edited July 2016

Watched him a fair but, think he's highly overated.

Ok. Quality player. Do you remember his performance against Brazil?
  • Haha Kroos is one of the best midfielders in the world right now, pulls the strings in the best national team in the world and the best domestic team in Europe.
  • We signing him? Thought not.
  • You haven't watched him enough.
  • Don't know what it is, he's just not for me, not saying he is shit in any sense of course but with his price tag and reputation I really think he's overated.
  • 1StevieG said:

You haven't watched him enough.

Possibly
  • You should hear what he says about you mate. Shocking.
  • One of, if not the best midfielder in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched him a fair but, think he's highly overated.

Ok. Quality player. Do you remember his performance against Brazil?
    Yes, but that was 2 years ago, thought he was gonna be really special then, but now see him as another (good but overateed) midfielder.
  • Please name a better player in his position and role then?
  • Was very subdued tonight, as was Schwinie. More to do with the hard work of the Italian midfield and backline than anything. The options just weren't there, the space wasn't there for much of the game, and Germany looked a bit uncomfortable in their formation.

I can understand why you think he's overrated, as he's a player where, when he's at his best, you don't always notice him as he can often be the assist to the assist maker, pulling the strings. When that doesn't work, those kind of players can be pretty anonymous. That said, aside from maybe Modric, Pogba, and Iniesta, he's probably the most all around gifted midfielder in the world.

It's all opinions but imo, Payet, Pogba, ,Iniesta.

El Hadji Ba.
  • edited July 2016
    Go on Roland put your hand in your pocket, we need this guy... No? Ok then thanks!

It's all opinions but imo, Payet, Pogba, ,Iniesta.
    Modric. I think he's the most underrated midfielder in football right now.
  • Bale is stealing a living if you ask me.
  • Modric is the best CM at the minute IMO. Absolute class act.
  • This sounds a lot like the criticism Özil gets as well. Technically Kroos is one of the most gifted players in football right now.

Payet has had a good season but he was a nobody at Kroos' age. Even right now I think 99 out of 100 managers would pick Kroos ahead of Payet. (The one being Bilic) he does so many little things you don't notice while Payet grabs the headlines with the brilliant end product. Not that Payet isn't good as well, he just isn't Kroos.
  • Sponsored links:

• When I saw the 1st coment in this thread, I assumed it was @colin1961

Christophe Lepoint
  • Didn't want to take a penalty last night though did he!!!
  • sam3110 said:

supaclive said:

Didn't want to take a penalty last night though did he!!!

Nope, he didn't want to take it so much that he went first, just to get it out of the way
    Sorry!
  • sam3110 said:

Haha Kroos is one of the best midfielders in the world right now, pulls the strings in the best national team in the world and the best domestic team in Europe.

Exactly this.

You don't become a regular for Bayern then Real Madrid, and also Germany if you're not a world class player.
  • always finds space, always available, never makes a ridiculously bad pass, never a hair out of place
  • Don't know what it is, he's just not for me, not saying he is shit in any sense of course but with his price tag and reputation I really think he's overated.

Interesting concept isn't it. How we can embed a mindset into our heads that seems to go against the mainstream view or opinion. Whilst I really rate Kroos, I am of a similar ilk to you when it comes to Ibrahimovic. Maybe it's because he's such an arrogant sod but I really don't get the hype and don't rate him (as proven in the Euros this year). Mind you, I wouldn't cross the street to watch him play anyway so have seen little of him; but I fully expect him to be a total damp squib in the premiership this coming season.
  • So bad they actually had to comment because he made two poor passes in the same match.