Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wales celebrate Euro campaign with open-top bus tour...

Comments

• Big achievement getting to the semi's for a population of 3 million.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Big achievement getting to the semi's for a population of 3 million.

Massive, no denying that.

Still not sure about a bus tour though!
  • I'm sure there was a similar reaction (maybe not a bus) when we were knocked out of Italia 90. Certainly remember seeing images of a huge welcome party at Luton (I think) airport.
  • Can't blame them really, it's a pretty big achievement
  • Tin Pot
  • Surely they should take the bus to the home towns of each of the squad members. You know, Acton, Amersham, Southampton, Smethwick etc.
  • I think again to be fair is that Ashley Williams doesnt look like being in the Premier League Transfer Rumours this summer.

Probably one of the best Defenders at the competition and would be perfect for Liverpool / Arsenal / Everton etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well England should have one as well then, as they also won f*** all.
  • Good on them and so they should

England Would need fucking armoured bus parade
  • I think it's a great. They've hugely over achieved and it's an opportunity for the players to thank fans for their support during the tournament.

The open top bus from a policing perspective is one of the easiest ways to organise a public event of this scale in short notice.
  • I don't understand the issue. Of course there will be an open top bus. Wales reaching the semi-finals of the European Championships is a big deal. If they create for themselves a special trophy (like Sheffield Wednesday did), then we can start to laugh at them.

The players celebrating Iceland's win was tinpot. This is fine.
  • Fair play to them. Great achievement for a team that hadn't even qualified for a tournement since 1958.

Imagine what Sheffield Wednesday would have had planned.

• no for me. They haven't won anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• not for me either, as people mentioned, well done they done very well but didn't win anything.

• Agreed. They merely delayed their inevitable thrashing slightly beyond ours
  • England did there's in a laundry basket.
  • Fuck sake, sheep smugglers will kane it, fill yer boots!

Talking of open top bus celebrations, the thing that always got me is why our 1947 bus was a single decker. You couldn't even see most of the team :smile:
  • There may not have been open top busses available then. The war didn't finish until 1945 .
  • There may not have been open top busses available then. The war didn't finish until 1945 .

Yet the above was in 1947?
  • edited July 2016
    130,000 people expected to turn out for it.

yes they've done well but on paper they've won

5 out of 7 games and only really 2/3 against superior opponents.
  • What a day... the atmosphere, it was rammed!

• What a day... the atmosphere, it was rammed!

Ewe thought it was good then?