Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Blimey.
  • Is it me or has the world just gone batshit crazy this year ?
  • Ah yea, but he was of course entitled to be carrying an axe due to the German Constitution...

Flippancy aside, I can't tell whether there are suddenly more maniacs on the rampage now or have they always been around but more publicised in the Information Age.
  • Imagine what he'd have done if he was using Southeastern.
  • "A man wielding an axe and a knife has been shot dead after injuring at least four people in a rampage on a train in Germany.

Three of the victims are in a serious condition, while another suffered minor injuries, police spokesman Fabien Hench told Sky News.

Another 14 people are being treated for shock."

Luckily (if you can say that) only 4 people have been injured. Glad he didn't have a gun or bomb.
  • Thankfully they shot the fucka dead, 17 yr old Afghan refugee who arrived in Germany unaccompanied

Nice way to say thanks to a nation who gave you a new start in life you scummy little shit

Hang around, someone sure to tell us it was the Germans fault any minute
  • Thankfully they shot the fucka dead, 17 yr old Afghan refugee who arrived in Germany unaccompanied

Nice way to say thanks to a nation who gave you a new start in life you scummy little shit

Ties in with the ISIS social media accounts, who in the hours after Nice began sharing images urging attacks on Germany next. Surprised that his ethnicity has been released after the issues in Köln on New Years Eve.

Incredible that no one has died though. Congratulations due to the German Polizei.
  • Sponsored links:

• Police shot him dead.

German efficiency at its' best!

Other side of the fence is quiet on this one.

• Do refugees go through medical screening (including psychological) when entering EU nations?
  • Not really a subject for political point scoring CPL, but that happens on both "side[s] of the fence". My personal take on it, as I don't claim to speak for anyone else, is absolute agreement with NLA. But I am still not willing to condemn tens of thousands of other genuine refugees to death because of the actions of one arsehole.

Your probably correct mate and take your point.
    However, when there is no proper screening and you know nothing of the peoples background or the torment they've been subjected to then if there was only a 0.5% chance this kind of attack could happen to my children I wouldn't swap their lives for 10'000 others.
  • edited July 2016

Do refugees go through medical screening (including psychological) when entering EU nations?

Generally speaking, yes, refugees will get some form of check - however, if someone is claiming refugee status the country in which the claim has an obligation to process their application (whether or not the individual is suffering from an illness).

In an ideal world, assuming the individual was suffering from a psychological disorder, he would have been treated and processed in a hospital.
  • Do refugees go through medical screening (including psychological) when entering EU nations?

Generally speaking, yes, refugees will get son form of check - however, if someone is claiming refugee status the country in which the claim has an obligation to process their application (whether or not the individual is suffering from an illness).

In an ideal world, assuming the individual was suffering from a psychological disorder, he would have been treated and processed in a hospital.
    I only ask because these people have been through some heavy shit, i cant imagine the things they've seen, the devastation in their lives, then to travel thousands of miles not knowing where you're gonna end up. The psychological effects must be serious. To just expect them to fit comfortably within a completely new society and get along fine is careless.

Generally speaking, yes, refugees will get son form of check - however, if someone is claiming refugee status the country in which the claim has an obligation to process their application (whether or not the individual is suffering from an illness).

I only ask because these people have been through some heavy shit, i cant imagine the things they've seen, the devastation in their lives, then to travel thousands of miles not knowing where you're gonna end up. The psychological effects must be serious. To just expect them to fit comfortably within a completely new society and get along fine is careless.
    Particularly so in the case of a child who travels unaccompanied.

With the best will in the world, there are huge difficulties addressing the needs of genuine refugees (because they will be scarred, scared and damaged in many ways).

Do you when you go on holiday ?

• Sponsored links:

You honestly believe its anything like the same thing??????

No of course not but how could any mental health screening of refugees be any more worthwhile than screening any traveller. Both would be worthless exercises.

• edited July 2016

Do refugees go through medical screening (including psychological) when entering EU nations?

No of course not but how could any mental health screening of refugees be any more worthwhile than screening any traveller. Both would be worthless exercises.

These people are coming from war torn countries and a life of severe devastation. Do you not think some sort of psychological examination would be beneficial to not only the refugee themself but also the society of where they will be placed? Do we not do the same with soldiers that have been at war?
  • edited July 2016

Have you ever been to the United States...? - Completing an ESTA Form your asked the following questions... If you fail any of those I'm guessing your application is instantly rejected by the Computer system

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-to-the-usa-the-esta-form-and-moral-turpitude/

Same if you want to go to Australia and am sure there are many other Countries with these sort of restrictions
  • CAFCsayer said:

Police shot him dead.

German efficiency at its' best!
    What we called the four sprung duck technique in my terrorist hunting days

These people are coming from war torn countries and a life of severe devastation. Do you not think some sort of psychological examination would be beneficial to not only the refugee themself but also the society of where they will be placed? Do we not do the same with soldiers that have been at war?
    Come on mate be reasonable. These people's feelings are worth far far more than the lives of the citizens of the countries who take em in

Come on mate be reasonable. These people's feelings are worth far far more than the lives of the citizens of the countries who take em in
    With serious head on, briefly, it's not just their feelings Rob It is a matter of life or death for many of them.
  • Not really a subject for political point scoring CPL, but that happens on both "side[s] of the fence". My personal take on it, as I don't claim to speak for anyone else, is absolute agreement with NLA. But I am still not willing to condemn tens of thousands of other genuine refugees to death because of the actions of one arsehole.

Your probably correct mate and take your point.
    However, when there is no proper screening and you know nothing of the peoples background or the torment they've been subjected to then if there was only a 0.5% chance this kind of attack could happen to my children I wouldn't swap their lives for 10'000 others.
    I don't have kids CPL. So I am not qualified to comment on that point.
  • I doubt any such screening took place when Germany took the 1m in, think about the magnitude of it. Screening 1m people who cannot speak German and have no papers or passports.

It would take months to carry this out and wait for the results.

The decision to fast track 1m into the country will cost Angela Merkel her job, and the sexual assaults on New Years Eve and this latest incident will only speed up the process.

• Will be interesting to see if the German authorities can establish actually how old this chap was.

As I understand it, under 18s cannot be deported so large number of refugees turning up claiming to be 17 even though they look much older.