Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex CAFC player to become Vicar/Minister etc

Comments

• ha ha oh dear
  • Why mock people who have a strong faith? Each to their own I say.

Good luck Gavin.
  • It's a free world I guess...and he'll be a bit more useful to society than sitting on a sofa saying the "boy done good there".
  • Has anyone read his joint book with Alan Comfort (Ex O's)?

Loved the bit when the Gills were on there way back from an away game, and a Blue film was put on, and a certain person went and hid in the toilet cubicale on the coach!!
  • Jermaine Defoe a christian - do me a favour
  • each to their own I say and good luck to him. He'll have a better life there than here.
  • Good luck to him, see him with his family a lot and always seems a nice caring family man.

Shame we never got him earlier on in his career as i think he could of been a real hero for us.
  • Very decent fella , saw him in Ferraris recently with his family and he was more than happy to have a chat
  • good luck to him
  • Sponsored links:

• well with a wife and kids he cant go for the catholic church!

Good to see he'll be doing something for the community - more than most footballers.

but Jermaine Defoe a christian? if that's true, i'm Abu Hamza...
  • Yes did laugh about the Jermaine Defoe bit.

I remember reading Keith "the wind beneath this Peacock's wings' book and he spoke openly about Gavin's christian faith so it was no secret.

I saw him in the Bull in Otford. Was surprised how small he was.

When is Rufus going to become a minister?
  • Gavin is my mates cousin, i think alot of it is down to the fact that he suffered some bad news with one of his children when he was born
  • I think he is a nice chap, but the bit about "depending which denomination he intends to follow", does that mean he has not made up his mind which imaginary friend he is going to bore people with? Surely its a "calling", you should know which particular "sect" has got it right?

As for Kaka and his shirt - does he have a spare one saying "Jesus is a Cnut" for when he cocks it up...
  • hate gavin peacock, he is a dick
  • he speaks very highly of u as well MCS
  • His car was always parked up outside the Methodist Church is Barnehurst...............
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]As for Kaka and his shirt - does he have a spare one saying "Jesus is a Cnut" for when he cocks it up...

haha algarve, i like that!! Always makes me laugh when the highly overrated kak a shows off his silly t shirt!! haha
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]he speaks very highly of u as well MCS

well most do fella!!!
  • why dont i find that hard to believe MCS
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]His car was always parked up outside the Methodist Church is Barnehurst...............[/quote]A huge majority of his family live in the area of Barnehurst, Keith used to live opposite the station
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I think he is a nice chap, but the bit about "depending which denomination he intends to follow", does that mean he has not made up his mind which imaginary friend he is going to bore people with? Surely its a "calling", you should know which particular "sect" has got it right?

As for Kaka and his shirt - does he have a spare one saying "Jesus is a Cnut" for when he cocks it up...

i find that last line really offensive.
  • I doubt his kids will be going round stabbing people... good luck to him met him a few times and an absolute gent
  • I know Gavin and train his kids. A nicer bloke and family you couldnt hope to meet. Good luck to him.
  • I always thought he would make a good Squad player.
  • I find the statement that jesus is a wotsit offensive just to even read it... must be something to do with my upbringing.. regardless of the intention of your comment.
  • Alright then, "Jesus is a Palace Fan" - the point I was making (and not very well obviously) was that god-botherers get right up my nose when they praise their imaginary friend for everything good that happens, but don't accept the logic that if that is the case when bad things happen, then he/she is to blame for that too.

Like when footballers come on the pitch doing the spectacles, testicles thing, and then after a right good hammering, they don't leave the pitch flicking the Vs skywards...
  • Jesus is a palace fan is even more offensive!!!
  • He must be - doesn't he love us all... ;-D