Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe away(3rd September) advanced purchase train tickets

This one is a bit tricky.

The cheapest way is to book Kings Cross to Doncaster return.

From the 8.03 onwards there are 3-4 trains available at £15 single, on the return there is a 19.29 and 19.37 and £12.50 and £15.

The 11.08 12.08 and 13.08 from Doncaster are either £3 or £4 single, with the 18.08 being the earliest train back being £11.20 single

London to Scunthorpe is minimum £50 return if booked straight through.

All prices shown are before any railcard discounts.

Comments

• Thanks for that info, ElfsborgAddick.

We're likely to be using the trains more next season & any help is much appreciated.
  • The Virgin Red app is showing for some people a 30% discount on Virgin Trains East Coast. So this might be good for some people to get a cheaper ticket to Doncaster.
  • Cheap route is train to East Midlands Park way than megabucks to Scunthorpe. Megabytes is only 30 minutes or so. Got £33 returns with the travel together rail card.
  • Match tickets now on sale.
    Adult £22.00
    Over 65,under 22 & students £15.00
    Under 18 £6.00
  • A lot of people are going to find the football cheaper this season.

The Geoffreys will do that's for sure

?

Thanks George

?
    Geoff Boycott...
  • Would quite like to do this now. Having a look at the above coming in at £54.40,,,OUCH!
  • Sponsored links:

• FYI - got return tickets to Oxford for £12
  • robroy said:

Would quite like to do this now. Having a look at the above coming in at £54.40,,,OUCH!

Obviously missed my post. :disappointed:
  • robroy said:

Would quite like to do this now. Having a look at the above coming in at £54.40,,,OUCH!

Obviously missed my post. :disappointed:
    Did indeed fella
  • robroy said:

You should take more notice of Clive and the mighty Elfsborg's posts!
  • Just booked this one. Questioning my sanity. Only bought a return to Doncaster for £29.50. Will buy the return to Scunthorpe on the day for £11.00.
  • Driving up to this one on the Friday & staying t the local Travelodge for the massive £38 !
  • Just booked this one. Questioning my sanity. Only bought a return to Doncaster for £29.50. Will buy the return to Scunthorpe on the day for £11.00.

See you in the Rose and Crown for 12.30

I'll be later than that. On the 10.48 from Kings Cross. But will try and find it.

I'll be later than that. On the 10.48 from Kings Cross. But will try and find it.
    That's the pub in Bury.

That's the pub in Bury.
    Thought that was the 'ose and Brown.
  • Sponsored links:

That's the pub in Bury.
    Lol

That's the pub in Bury.
    Lol
    Yours not getting someone else in as well elfs to buy the beers.
  • Is the ground walking distance from station?
  • edited August 2016
    GRAY9 said:

Is the ground walking distance from station?

Yes would be good to know this, saying 2 miles. What sort of trains will be realistic from Donny to London?

Will the off peak from Donny/Scunny be ok? At £11:30
  • robroy said:

GRAY9 said:

Is the ground walking distance from station?

Yes would be good to know this, saying 2 miles. What sort of trains will be realistic from Donny to London?

Will the off peak from Donny/Scunny be ok? At £11:30
    There is a train around 18.23 realistically that is the first one.
  • clb74 said:

Just booked this one. Questioning my sanity. Only bought a return to Doncaster for £29.50. Will buy the return to Scunthorpe on the day for £11.00.

That's the pub in Bury.
    Lol
    Yours not getting someone else in as well elfs to buy the beers.
    I'll see who else is going before I target someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Now that the game has been called off is anybody interested in going to a non-league game in the area?

Goole v Bamber Bridge in the Evo Stik is on.

Goole is on the way to Scunthorpe so tickets will be valid for this journey. This is one way of salvaging something from the tickets and anybody who has not been to a non-league game before may enjoy the amateur game.
  • Now that the game has been called off is anybody interested in going to a non-league game in the area?

Goole v Bamber Bridge in the Evo Stik is on.

Goole is on the way to Scunthorpe so tickets will be valid for this journey. This is one way of salvaging something from the tickets and anybody who has not been to a non-league game before may enjoy the amateur game.

Sorry, EA.

Already decided to spend the day gardening.

Been a while since I trimmed my bushes.
    I'm a gardener by trade funnily enough.
  • Let us start again.

The trains on the 20th September at £20.50 leave at 12.03 13.05 14.05 15.35
    As there are not trains back after the game, going home on the 21st the trains leave at 10.19 and 12.19, these at £20.50

Prices shown are single fares without a railcard discount, and you are needing a change at Doncaster.