Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

BDLBDL
edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
Saturday night TV - Graham Norton - Denise Van Outen - Surfing on a Saturday Night when I should be out having a beer but I'm broke - My Boiler that has broken down and is going to cost me a packet and I'm broke - Jody from that series with Norton - Everything.

Comments

• makes me feel sick that norton.
  • can;t watch him.

wife's away for the weekend so me and my oldest boy sat and watched I AM LEGEND with Will Smith - bloody good film .
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]can;t watch him.

wife's away for the weekend so me and my oldest boy sat and watched I AM LEGEND with Will Smith - bloody good film .
    Agreed - I was pleasantly surprised. However, the ending was utter shoite - I heartily recommend you watch the alternate ending, its ten times better than the cinematic one.
  • saw that the assaination of jesse james by the coward robert ford,with brad pitt,forget pitt casey affleck as ford is excellent,good film,and shows more than the actual deed.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]saw that the assaination of jesse james by the coward robert ford,with brad pitt,forget pitt casey affleck as ford is excellent,good film,and shows more than the actual deed.

yep - a really good film, mostly filmed in and around my home town (as was Brokeback Mountain - but I havent seen that)

i want to see 3:10 to Yuma - must rent that soon
  • People moaning about cyclists.
  • When real talent does not win comps
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]can;t watch him.

Agreed - I was pleasantly surprised. However, the ending was utter shoite - I heartily recommend you watch the alternate ending, its ten times better than the cinematic one.

It's funny how so many good films have crap endings. Also lots of crap films have fantastic trailers, I've been had a few times!
  • People that don't put their hand up in acknowledgement when you let them pass through in a car.

People that don't say thankyou when you hold the door open for them.

People that hussle onto the tube before you have got off. I now leave the shoulder in, but does that make me as bad as them?!
  • [cite]Posted By: red_murph[/cite]
    People that hussle onto the tube before you have got off. I now leave the shoulder in, but does that make me as bad as them?!

Getting off the Northern Line at Bank, it's like going in against the New Zealand front row.
  • Sponsored links:

• Indicate then pull out on dual carriageways/motorways irrespective of your speed or the gap available

Lorries overtaking lorries one at 55mph the other at 56mph on a dual carriageway going up a hill
  • A Spice girls song playing over a sound system in the HSBC bank.
    If I want to listen to that sort of music, I will find a 90's disco to go to
    What's it doing in a bloody bank....
    God I sound like a miserable old sod but maybe if the HSBC spent more time just being a bank instead of trying to be a hip cool place that is really just a BANK, then maybe the world might be a SLIGHTLY better place... ;)
  • Going out to my car with my brief case and papers etc in one hand only to find that my car key is in the trouser pocket on the same side.
    Especially irritating if it's raining, because you can't put the stuff down on your car bonnet or the ground to swap hands and get your key out.
  • People who wont even try certain foods "because they wont like them".
  • 3 fat old ladies swimming abreast at a snails pace and having an endless discussion about nothing in particular.

Combined effect is something between a tidal wave and the impact of the truck drivers on a fuel dispute blockade.
  • "People that don't put their hand up in acknowledgement when you let them pass through in a car."

Don't try driving in North London then. Lived in Muswell hill for 4 years and no-one acknowledges you in that neck of the woods.
  • People who wear trainers with their suits for the arduous journey to work.
    Ecomentalists.
    People who are amazed at price of petrol when compared to the equivalent cost of bottled water or beer.
    Caffeinistas who can only have their drink if accompanied by the words tall,frothy,skinny,cinnamon etc.
    Cyclists who dont believe red lights and zebra crossings relate to them.
    Car drivers who seem to think there are no cyclists.
    Women in shiny tights
    People over 15 years old skateboarding.
  • 1.people who stand in the middle of the pavement to look in shop windows or wait for buses.
    2.motorcyclists who, when coming down shooters hill think they can use the 'oncoming traffic lane' as their own overtaking lane.
    3.weekend newspaper suppliments. all i want is news, sport and crossword. if i wanted a business/gardening/travel/fashion/food/puzzle/property/money/motoring/book review suppliment, i'd go and get one.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]People who wear trainers with their suits for the arduous journey to work.
    Ecomentalists.
    People who are amazed at price of petrol when compared to the equivalent cost of bottled water or beer.
    Caffeinistas who can only have their drink if accompanied by the words tall,frothy,skinny,cinnamon etc.
    Car drivers who seem to think there are no cyclists.
    Women in shiny tights
    People over 15 years old skateboarding.

Blimey, I'm guilty of three things on that list regularly!

I agree with the not saying thanks for holding open a door - a guy at work did this to me two days running last week, today I just let the door close on him.

Also, people who press the door close button on the lift the second after its opened, without letting anyone waiting get in. If you're in that much of a hurry then use the stairs!
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

Totally agree. Bloody menace they are. Nearly got ran over last week by one these prats whilst crossing by Westminster Bridge Road.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2008
    How about this then.
    Why is it that 99 times out of a 100, that if you throw a spoon into an empty sink that has the tap running it 'always' seems to end up directly under the stream of water thus covering yourself and everthing around the area in water.
    It's f'ing uncanny I tell ya but it happens way too often (at least to me) to be a coincidence.
    On several occassions I've ended up even more wet because you have to reach over to turn the sodding tap off!
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

How about cyclists who can ride on the pavement - am tempted to trip them up.

Taxis that fill up bus stops to wait for fares when there is a double yellow line and a no waiting sign. I have often caught a bus at one and have had to walk out into the road to hail a bus. I am tempted to ask the driver if they are driving a bus (given that they are waiting at a bus stop) and insist on paying no more than what the bus fare would, which given that I hold an english concessionary pass, is nowt.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]How about this then.
    Why is it that 99 times out of a 100, that if you throw a spoon into an empty sink that has the tap running it 'always' seems to end up directly under the stream of water thus covering yourself and everthing around the area in water.
    It's f'ing uncanny I tell ya but it happens way too often (at least to me) to be a coincidence.
    On several occassions I've ended up even more wet because you have to reach over to turn the sodding tap off!

Ever thought about no throwing the spoon in the sink in the first place ; -0
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]

Shame this is a thread about things, and not people, that annoy.
  • [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]A Spice girls song playing over a sound system in the HSBC bank.

A spice girls song playing over ANY sound system anywhere is particularly annoying. Ditto anything written by Stock Aitken Waterman.
  • edited June 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]How about this then.
    Why is it that 99 times out of a 100, that if you throw a spoon into an empty sink that has the tap running it 'always' seems to end up directly under the stream of water thus covering yourself and everything around the area in water.
    On several occassions I've ended up even more wet because you have to reach over to turn the sodding tap off![/quote]

Ever thought about no throwing the spoon in the sink in the first place ; -0

Well yes of course but I've always liked a challenge and anyway it's become a kind of perverse ongoing torture!
  • People who can't talk about things without turning it into some sort of intellectual willy measuring contest. A lot of those at Sussex U.

People who think farting is disgusting.

Plaaayer not letting me have a go on his girlfriend.
  • Hope you don't mind me bumping, it's not really worth a new thread: I have just watched an oldish film on the telly and spent over an hour of it trying to remember the name of one of the actors. I gave myself 'til the end of the film rather than spend all night on it but when the credits started rolling THEY shrunk the picture to a miniscule size in order to advertise another programme. I know my eyes are dodgy at the moment but you'd have needed perfect 20/20 vision and a magnifying glass to read it! Do They really have to do this? So I don't know the name and to make it worse the missus reckons she got it straight away!
  • Chicken shops!
  • 1.The Little hole they put in coffee shop cups that are guarenteed to poor molten hot liquid on you.
    2. Camp celebrities. Louie Spence is a prime example
    3. people who think it's funny to make up takeover bullshit and start it as a new thread on CL.
    4. Sweetcorn in sandwitches
    5. Bank charges
  • the fact it takes me 30 seconds at most to get money out of a cash machine, yet it takes every other person ive ever been behind what seems like 45 minutes.