Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Bolton match thread 27/8/16

Afternoon folks and welcome to this afternoons match thread. We face an unbeaten Bolton side and this wont be an easy game. I'm punting on a 2-1 victory but wont be disappointed with a draw to be honest.
No new arrivals during the week just gone, so I would expect to see RS bringing in 2 more players at least before next Wednesday. They would then have until September 10th before they could be selected to play in the side (with the Scunny game being postponed next Saturday) and that should give them plenty of time to bed-in.

As an aside this will be my last match thread until Saturday 17th September as I'm away on holiday for the Fleetwood game and working next Tuesday for the checkapaintpot game against Southampton.

I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them.........................COYR's!!!

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Afternoon RM, if anyone who doesn't have player and lives in the Greater Manchester area or surrounding districts you should be able to get live commentary on Tower FM 107.4. This is unlikely to be available over the Internet for contractural reasons but feel free to try. COYRs
  • Rumours circulating that Fox is having a fitness test.
  • Cheers Red. Come on the Addicks.
  • CafcSteve said:

Rumours circulating that Fox is having a fitness test.

Yeah I saw that on Twitter, could be interesting selections across the back 4 today
  • edited August 2016
  • CafcSteve said:

Yeah I saw that on Twitter, could be interesting selections across the back 4 today
    Bringing Bauer into central defense, shifting Konsa to RB (who by all accounts deserves to keep his place in the team), and Solly to LB wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It would stunt us going forward a bit, but it's not like we normally have wingbacks who bomb forward and get crosses in from the byline.
  • edited August 2016
    I'm hoping @ElfsborgAddick will provide updates from Tony and Lionel Blair and Danny Hollands V Beckenham
  • SDAddick said:

CafcSteve said:

Bringing Bauer into central defense, shifting Konsa to RB (who by all accounts deserves to keep his place in the team), and Solly to LB wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It would stunt us going forward a bit, but it's not like we normally have wingbacks who bomb forward and get crosses in from the byline.
    Defensively it isn't terrible. Holmes and Solly have looked very good together so far though and would be a shame to break up that partnership against one of the stronger sides.
  • I'm hoping @ElfsborgAddick will provide updates from Tony and Lionel Blair and Danny Hollands V Beckenham

Nope, because I'll be too engrossed in the game, pictures at full-time.
  • I'm hoping @ElfsborgAddick will provide updates from Tony and Lionel Blair and Danny Hollands V Beckenham

I bet you're hoping Lars Elstrup turns up :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Ffs. That is typical.
    Don't like Solly at LB.
  • CHARLTON | Rudd, Solly, Konsa, Pearce, Fox, Foley, Crofts, Jackson (c), Holmes, Magennis, Ajose
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Bauer, Johnson, Lennon, Lookman, Botaka, Hanlan
  • Three central defenders on the bench.
  • So the Fox thing was bs or he passed his fitness test?
  • Must have passed it if rumours were true.

I'm hoping you don't turn up..........
  • How far off being fit is Novak?
  • 1-0 fingers crossed Magennis gets off the mark
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilson on the bench for them
  • edited August 2016
    Cmon you rip roaring free scoring success adoring on touring folk loring Addicks!!!!!
    0-1
  • A couple of ex-Millwall playing for them, Beevers and Trotter.

Trotter playing for the Trotters.

• Im not familiar with the team yet this season. What is that formation with who playing where? Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping you don't turn up..........
    It's bad enough watching Charlton, no way am I going to watch a couple of pub teams.
  • Im not familiar with the team yet this season. What is that formation with who playing where? Thanks in advance.

Charlton are playing in numerical order.

Katrien's instructions.

It'll be 4-4-2 I think, with a back 4 of Solly, Konsa, Pearce and Fox, midfield comprising JJ, Foley, Croft, Holmes and Ajose with the new Big Mac up front.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!