Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Southampton- Post Match Views

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
Basically a thread for @Clem_Snide and any other rogue nutter attending tonight.

Come forward, reveal yourselves (not like that) and give us your thoughts (and some marks)

Comments

• Absolute bilge. The end.
  • If this goes past a page I'll be amazed
  • How did the new guy Chicksen look?
  • Is there a possibility that Meire has told Slade to take this seriously? A Wembley appearance would look good on her CV.
  • Until the match thread I'd completely forgotten it was a league and not a knockout tournament. And even now, I'm still not 100% convinced that all this talk of penalties isn't just people taking the piss and I'm too tired to realise it didn't really happen.

If as redhenry says though, this was the Morgan Fox farewell tour, what a way to go out. *sniff*
  • Outplayed by Southampton reserves.

Lennon solid, Solly ok but looked knackered at the end. Ajose very quiet.

Midfield non-existant again.

Chicksen did nothing of note other thsn smash a clearance into Solly.

Hanlon busy.

Phillips MOM.

Players looked about as interested as the crowd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there a possibility that Meire has told Slade to take this seriously? A Wembley appearance would look good on her CV.

She's probably done a conference at Wembley Arena
  • official attendance was arround 1,300 - didn't look near that in the picture louis mendez posted!
    can anyone at the game comment better on this?
  • Unlike Fox Chicksen can kick a ball with both feet.

Not surprised Solly looked knackered at the end. He covered most of the pitch and stepped up to take the first penalty.
  • I didn't expect many to be there, thought I'd have a block to myself. I'm going home to pray Lookie stays, however I'm pessimistic he will be here Thursday morning
  • When was the last time we got 2 pts for a win anyone? or is still a draw according to Mourinho?
  • The penalty competition was exiting at least.
  • sammy391 said:

official attendance was arround 1,300 - didn't look near that in the picture louis mendez posted!

Does it matter?
  • sammy391 said:

official attendance was arround 1,300 - didn't look near that in the picture louis mendez posted!

Does it matter?
    Just interesting , considering a lot of clubs had less than 600 in attendance!

• I went along to give moral support to the BFG on what I supposed would be the next leg of his return. That worked out well, then. I switched to watching EK15 - a special talent developing nicely, and fast. Hanlon was also impressive. I left after 62 minutes to avoid further mental punishment from TBBM.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

Does it matter?
    Sorry but again to Cyril's point, why is that important? Too many worrying about attendance and what happens at other clubs - go if your that worried
  • edited August 2016
    I'm sure Roland is licking his lips, if he got this game streamed to him. We have some very good youngsters. Hanlan was very impressive as the big lump up top, and worked hard off the ball. KAG worked hard, and hopefully he will come good under Slade. Dillon Phillips made some very good saves and saved a penalty during the 90 minutes, his distribution needs to be worked on though. Umerah is a real boisterous player, but he was lucky not to see red for what looked like a head butt on Jack Stepehens.

We really are lacking a creative midfielder. If Ricky Holmes, gets injured, we are buggered. Crofts and Foley are not creative players, and Solly had a go, but he's a right back.
  • sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

Does it matter?
    Sorry but again to Cyril's point, why is that important? Too many worrying about attendance and what happens at other clubs - go if your that worried
    Simply a question to gauge the interest of a competition that is already a farce!
  • I'm sure Roland is licking his lips, if he got this game streamed to him. We have some very good youngsters. Hanlan was very impressive as the big lump up top, and worked hard off the ball. KAG worked hard, and hopefully he will come good under Slade. Dillon Phillips made some very good saves and saved a penalty during the 90 minutes, his distribution needs to be worked on though. Umerah is a real boisterous player, but he was lucky not to see red for what looked like a head butt on Jack Stepehens.

We really are lacking a creative midfielder. If Ricky Holmes, gets injured, we are buggered. Crofts and Foley are not creative players, and Solly had a go, but he's a right back.

How did Philips save a penalty in 90 minutes?
  • It went wide. Philips was no where near it.
  • Didn't know we had a game tonight.

In fact, I didn't even know the season had started!

;-)
  • I went as I had nothing to do after work...

Ajose looked like he would be more interested in watching paint dry then play today... Can you really blame him? I'd feel a little bit insulted if I was playing for a football league club and playing against a development team in a real, FA recognised cup competition.

Phillips MOM. Made some very good saves.

Lennon was good. RoJo was good but he's still a twat. Konsa was solid. Fox was solid.

Crofts was bored. Foley was Semedo-esque... Very backwards. Solly was bored.

Hanlan was promising. KAG woke up at half time and played well second half. Umerah was strong and the game improved when he came on.

One of the best moments of the game was when Crofts committed a 'synical foul' on the edge of our box... And the ref gave us the advantage. That's how good the game was.
  • edited August 2016

I went along to give moral support to the BFG on what I supposed would be the next leg of his return. That worked out well, then. I switched to watching EK15 - a special talent developing nicely, and fast. Hanlon was also impressive. I left after 62 minutes to avoid further mental punishment from TBBM.

Forgive me, GlassHallfFull, but I don't recognise the shorthand references to BFG, EK15 and TBBM. These need explaining to me in SE13, let alone to our good Lifers in New York, Madrid and San Francisco.

Clem Snide nailed it perfectly with his eye-witness reports from Bury and beyond: "Dross; utter dross." Having watched every first-team home game for six years, I can confirm it. We piss-piddle around, have no physical strength, and lack the slightest flicker of intelligence to nail our opponents.

Lookman! Who cares, apart from the frustrated accountants in Bexleyheath. Against Bolton he came on, tripped over the ball, passed to the opposition, muffed his corner straight at a defender, dribbled around for two seconds, and got lucky.

It's a conceit to think our academy is special. Every single club from Cray Wanderers to Man City has plenty of wingers who do the double step-over. We were relegated because our players and coaches are piss-poor.

Have you noticed that Henderson, our former keeper, lets in three goals in every game at Forest? He must be missing The Valley. Yet, according to folklore, he's one of us! What utter balls. Henderson shed a few tears after our despicable 5-0 collapse at Huddersfield - which he himself and his pathetic team conceded.

Johnny Jackson and Henderson are so thick and spineless that they ganged up on Tony Watt, who has more natural talent than either of them. That's why Watt is now in Europe, and our - Charlton's - next fixture is against Fleetwood.