Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Right then - what interest in a red Nike Protest Shirt?

After the runaway success of the Protest Shirt, who would be up for a red Nike 'home' shirt adorned with the 'protest' badge of the Robin atop a Beach Ball? If there's sufficient interest we could get these out relatively quickly given the shirts are generally available and we can reproduce the badges quickly. If you are interested, let me know by replying here and give a view of required sizes......

Comments

• I'd be interested. I'd either need a medium or a large - I put a few pounds on on holiday.
  • XL x2, Med x2. There goes my season ticket money!
  • I have the shirt but I guess an iron on badge and 'sponsor' wouldn't look great?

Could a produced shirt have Roland Out as the 'sponsor'?
  • Yes from me.

Kids sizes available?
  • For speed and cost, it would need to be the straightforward red 'home' shirt with the Protest badge. I am not sure there would be sufficient interest/volumes to entice a sponsor or make it worthwhile.....
  • I'm in ... XXL
  • As described i would have 5 kids ones can check against nike chart tomorrow the ones from protest that fit are 4-6-8-10-12
  • I'll have a medium
  • Yes please, large.. Plain with a badge is perfect
  • Can you do protest shorts for kids with the sponsor 'eat my shorts Katrien'?

• Sponsored links:

• Would have a large
  • Yep two kids ones
  • Hi @Cardinal Sin , We've looked at this option a few times now but it seems like all the websites that say they have them available as soon as possible. Would actually be within the next 3 months. As they only can get the stock when Nike get the stock. They do not hold them thereselves.

Have they confirmed that they could provide you with the kit as soon as possible? As I would be interested in helping.
  • Ask me and I'll let you know stock availability
  • the_gower said:

Just a thought, but wouldn't a red protest shirt dilute the impact that the black and white has one? A red one would likely be harder to indicate is a protest shirt from a distance (tv cameras) etc, and slightly negate the purpose of them? Pleased to hear the b&w ones did so well though

We did speak about getting the home template in black, to keep the same theme.
  • I'm in. Large.
  • the_gower said:

Just a thought, but wouldn't a red protest shirt dilute the impact that the black and white has one? A red one would likely be harder to indicate is a protest shirt from a distance (tv cameras) etc, and slightly negate the purpose of them? Pleased to hear the b&w ones did so well though

totally agree why not another run of the black & white ?
  • We would be interested in 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would it just be a red shirt with the beach ball logo on it and no "covered end" written on it, if so I would be interested (not to slag off the previous shirts) I do agree with the above though. There should be one format colour wise for the shirts. Maybe slight differences around the edges but the colour should be the same
  • I'd be interested in black.
  • edited September 2016

the_gower said:

totally agree why not another run of the black & white ?
    They already have spares and I'm sure another run isn't out of the question. Apparently everyone is boycotting anyway so it won't be lessening the impact if this version also goes ahead. I'd happily purchase 1 of each
  • I would be interested if you did kid's sizes.
  • Hi @Cardinal Sin , We've looked at this option a few times now but it seems like all the websites that say they have them available as soon as possible. Would actually be within the next 3 months. As they only can get the stock when Nike get the stock. They do not hold them thereselves.

Have they confirmed that they could provide you with the kit as soon as possible? As I would be interested in helping.

Will let you know. I believe there is some stock available.
  • Can't see me wearing a red protest shirt to a game.

Can see me buying kids kit that looks like a Charlton kit for my son to where when he's playing.
  • Thanks to all of you who have expressed an interest. I will Inbox you directly to confirm sizes (especially 'kids') and quantities in the next few days. Northstandsteve is checking stock levels before we order and commit but we think we should be ok given relatively low numbers. We will then have the shirt badges embroidered on and will contact you re payment and delivery. I should be able to confirm pricing when I Inbox you. There will be a postage and a collection option (in Charlton).
  • Very sorry to report that stock levels of the Nike template are currently too low to support this. There were reasonable numbers five or six weeks ago but we are at the bottom of the barrel and new stock is only expected in dribs and drabs until January which kind of puts the Kaibosh on it.....
  • Yes for a 5 year old please.