Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazon and their poor delivery service.

Anyone had much dealings with amazon logistics the company amazon now use to send their parcels?

I've had three parcels go missing in a week and various claims that they have attempted to deliver when we were blatantly in.

Going to give me an ulcer I swear.

Comments

• I have to say, my Wife uses Amazon Prime and it's unbelievably quick and reliable. They must just about set off with the parcel the moment you press the button....

Pretty much this.
  • I use Prime and never have any issues really, although I've began to get a bit pissed off with the parcels being left on my doorstep when I work from home.

I know a few people who claim that Amazon Logistics have managed to out-yodel Yodel on the shitty service stakes though.
  • I have never had an issue with Amazon. Quick and efficient.
  • I had a kids fire tablet claimed to have been delivered a week ago which never was. I've had a phone case (which could be out through the letterbox) "attempted" to be delivered four times even through we were in every time.

They even then sent it out via Royal Mail to be picked up at my local post office yesterday , even sent me a text to tell me it was there to pick up only when my wife went it wasn't there.

I've now had another hour long online chat with one of their guys who kept telling me the addresses I was giving him for their lockers was wrong despite the fact I was cut and pasting it from their website!

Have a look at this thread , seems to say that stuff coming out of their bow depot just goes missing .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/amazon/ref=cm_cd_notf_message?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20NG9OQFCP0QF&cdPage=259&cdThread=Tx21J8C0QW4MWV8#MxO51SE8D0EY0K
  • Same as other posts really generally find them excellent
  • Never had an issue. They use my hermes I believe for Prime deliveries. Not sure they have their own company to deliver.
  • Not sure what the delivery model is like now but 2 years ago we had loads of problems which they just pinned to Yodel
  • No issues with Amazon. A few deliveries have never arrived but they were through 3rd party sellers on Amazon.
  • Perfect in my opinion, always get delivered to Amazon locker at the end of my road.

If you don't want it you put it back in the locker within 28 days, faultless.

Never buy anything from high St anymore as it's so easy to send back if if you just decide you don't want it, faulty or whatever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Something definitely gone awry with this mob.

Used to order something and it was on your doorstep 10 minutes later !!

I've been waiting well over a week now for something I ordered,and it's based in this country.
  • I have to say, my Wife uses Amazon Prime and it's unbelievably quick and reliable. They must just about set off with the parcel the moment you press the button....

same here, it's very good
  • Only ever had 1 problem when a parcel was lost, they rectified it by sending me a new one within 24 hours...other than that never had an issue
  • Same again, I probably use Prime at least once a week, usually have the parcel within 24 hours no problems at all and returning things is really easy too.
  • Use Amazon every month. Service very efficient; notification of status of movement, tracking details provided. Had the odd problem of items going missing, but replacements sent immediately.
  • I Only ever use prime and never had a problem
  • I've had Prime for a couple of years now and never have a problem. Frankly brilliant service and even if I end up paying a little bit more for the service I find the convenience makes up for that.

Has anyone seen the new Amazon Dash "Buttons" they are selling. They've been in the US for a while now but have just hit over here

Basically you have a button for a product and as soon as you run out of that product - say toilet rolls - you just press the Andrex button and they will automatically get ordered via your amazon account.

imageimage

more info here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=10833773031

Personally I think that might be a step too far but the fact it exists tells me there is a market for it.
  • edited September 2016
    I was having a coffee by the 02 the other day and a white pod with 6 wheels was making its way across towards the flats.

A lot of people were concerned some walking away, others taking pictures.
    Having googled it, Amazon were testing pods out with the package inside for delivery. Unbelievably clever as it dodged walls, stopped at the lights and even climbed steps!

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9296594
  • Use them a lot, never had a problem. Amazingly quick and efficient.
  • I have even had deliveries made on a Sunday evening. Pretty good in my books overall.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    Swisdom said:

I've had Prime for a couple of years now and never have a problem. Frankly brilliant service and even if I end up paying a little bit more for the service I find the convenience makes up for that.

Has anyone seen the new Amazon Dash "Buttons" they are selling. They've been in the US for a while now but have just hit over here

Basically you have a button for a product and as soon as you run out of that product - say toilet rolls - you just press the Andrex button and they will automatically get ordered via your amazon account.

imageimage

Personally I think that might be a step too far but the fact it exists tells me there is a market for it.

hah, I thought the same as you - do we really need to be able to order stuff with a button press? Then I looked at the list of products available and I'm contemplating getting one for mouthwash and a few other bits..

I think you're right about the market though, they're already releasing documentation for developers who want to do similar with their own custom devices. It's quite sad really, I've spent the summer working from home and have had to drag myself out at times because I've had no other reason! Everything I want can be bought for the next day via Amazon or Sainsburys, whilst anything I could ever want to watch is online.
  • It will be better when they start using drones.

I think they look like a magnificent glimpse into a sci-fi future, but, in reality, I can't see this happening. They got a huge amount of publicity when they released the information about this. But is there really a significantly high, urgent demand for products that have to be delivered within minutes at the risk of civil aviation restrictions?
  • Swisdom said:

I've had Prime for a couple of years now and never have a problem. Frankly brilliant service and even if I end up paying a little bit more for the service I find the convenience makes up for that.

imageimage

In regards to these Dash buttons isnt it the case where you press the button and its simply added to your Basket (i.e. you've still got to go on their website / app to actually confirm the order)... As am sure many young children will love pressing these buttons and I'm sure many people wont want to find 100 boxes of Washing powder turning up one day
  • Do people really order bog roll and washing powder off amazon? Would never think of getting those types of products from there.
  • Talal said:

Do people really order bog roll and washing powder off amazon? Would never think of getting those types of products from there.

I'd never buy those products at random off Amazon for simple budgeting reasons...

I know that the toilet roles etc. get included in the weekly shop which covers everything that I need, if I took items out of the shopping list then my budget would probably rise as would be slightly harder to keep control of it
  • Until the last could of weeks I've never had issues that's why this is so annoying.

It feels like they can't be arsed coming out to Greenhithe from Bow. Personally I find it weird that it's the depot they use.

• Amazon always good for me.
  • iamdan said:

I was having a coffee by the 02 the other day and a white pod with 6 wheels was making its way across towards the flats.

A lot of people were concerned some walking away, others taking pictures.
    Having googled it, Amazon were testing pods out with the package inside for delivery. Unbelievably clever as it dodged walls, stopped at the lights and even climbed steps!

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9296594

I wonder what the odds are of one of them pods, getting from the front to the back of the Notting Hill Carnival ?