Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nathan Jones to pay fine from the Football League?

Nathan Jones is expecting a fine to be issued after he played eight youngsters in last night's game - against West Brom U21s. A game which Luton U21s won 2-0.

He has said he will pay the fine himself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37561406

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Um so what?

Other than my feeble 'he's been gone too long' post, what is the point here?

Oh, we could do the same; hello Jason and Slade.
  • Good on him.

Expect the league would throw a fit, but clubs might as well host these matches at non-league grounds, they must be losing a fortune on opening up empty grounds.
  • It's quite difficult to layer full sarcasm into a first post I see.

I should make use of more emojees
  • So Luton are getting fined for playing too many u23 players in an u23 competition? Makes sense.
  • absolute farce of a competition its not fair on lower league teams that have smaller sqauds. glad someones sticking 2 fingers up at it.
  • I am against anyone picking the team other than the manager.

This includes the "Sun" picking the England team, the FA picking cup teams and Roland picking anything other than his nose.
  • Surely Luton should be commended for their Youth Team rather than given a fine.

Their kids have just beaten kids who are in a Cat.1 Academy (So should be breaking through into the First-Team in the Premier League) yet cant even beat kids who are unable to break into a League Two side!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Know its a weird thread to resurrect but didnt want to start a new one about him

A club at this level (or Charlton if Robinson goes) need to be looking @ Nathan Jones... THIRD time this season they've scored seven goals in a match today!!

Crazy as seems to happen in a blue moon but they're almost doing it once a month so far; huge credit to him as a Manager!!

Doing a great job there, if Luton can ever get their new ground built, you can see them challenging at a much higher level
  • edited November 2017

Know its a weird thread to resurrect but didnt want to start a new one about him

A club at this level (or Charlton if Robinson goes) need to be looking @ Nathan Jones... THIRD time this season they've scored seven goals in a match today!!

Crazy as seems to happen in a blue moon but they're almost doing it once a month so far; huge credit to him as a Manager!!

I think that Nathan Jones should absolutely be our next manager, even if Robinson has been doing a good job for a while.
  • Does he have a moving on clause?