Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire cleans up Google again

Comments

• (Apologies if already posted) but One of The links at the bottom of her wiki page is an interview she did recently, and follows via Google translate;

Fate can sometimes reserve you beautiful surprises. Provided you know the force at least. Katrien Meire has understood and thanks to a good dose of cheek that she realized her dream. "I sent an email to Roland Duchâtelet stating that I could help in the case of TV rights when he was president of St. Trond," says the young woman of 30 years. "I've got an interview and we stayed in touch. "The result was simply amazing. There is one year, the native of Tongeren found himself offered a contract. " I was lucky. I've always been interested in football. Since I was little, I support the team from Sint-Truiden. I studied law and worked in Brussels. I wanted to make a career in sport and especially in football. I worked for the Standard for two months which already allowed me to have one foot in the world of football. I dealt with legal issues, such as the case Carcela / Ruytinx, for example. "

Then just went at the speed of lightning. It was first bombed director Charlton and CEO. All this in 30 years!

But the euphoria soon gave way to work. "I was happy, but logically, I was a little scared too. This is the world of football, I knew of course, but when you're a fan as I was, we do not realize everything there is to do for the proper functioning of a club. I was not really ready, but I had no choice. Charlton was in the past, you had to correct the situation. It was directly immersed in working with José Riga. And thanks to that we have maintained. "

But there was also a downside to this. Katrien Meire quickly acquainted with the difficult task of governing. "I had to lay people off and it was not pleasant. The English are very protectionist. We arrived there as a Belgian, we see the structure in place and compared to that of the Standard. We see that there are too many people and it does not work. I had to lay off people older than me ... But if we want to create a stable and efficient club, one must also know to surround himself with people we feel they are able to carry out the project "

• (Apologies if already posted) but One of The links at the bottom of her wiki page is an interview she did recently, and follows via Google translate;

Fate can sometimes reserve you beautiful surprises. Provided you know the force at least. Katrien Meire has understood and thanks to a good dose of cheek that she realized her dream. "I sent an email to Roland Duchâtelet stating that I could help in the case of TV rights when he was president of St. Trond," says the young woman of 30 years. "I've got an interview and we stayed in touch. "The result was simply amazing. There is one year, the native of Tongeren found himself offered a contract. " I was lucky. I've always been interested in football. Since I was little, I support the team from Sint-Truiden. I studied law and worked in Brussels. I wanted to make a career in sport and especially in football. I worked for the Standard for two months which already allowed me to have one foot in the world of football. I dealt with legal issues, such as the case Carcela / Ruytinx, for example. "

Then just went at the speed of lightning. It was first bombed director Charlton and CEO. All this in 30 years!

But the euphoria soon gave way to work. "I was happy, but logically, I was a little scared too. This is the world of football, I knew of course, but when you're a fan as I was, we do not realize everything there is to do for the proper functioning of a club. I was not really ready, but I had no choice. Charlton was in the past, you had to correct the situation. It was directly immersed in working with José Riga. And thanks to that we have maintained. "

But there was also a downside to this. Katrien Meire quickly acquainted with the difficult task of governing. "I had to lay people off and it was not pleasant. The English are very protectionist. We arrived there as a Belgian, we see the structure in place and compared to that of the Standard. We see that there are too many people and it does not work. I had to lay off people older than me ... But if we want to create a stable and efficient club, one must also know to surround himself with people we feel they are able to carry out the project "

(Apologies if already posted) but One of The links at the bottom of her wiki page is an interview she did recently, and follows via Google translate;

She got that right then lol
  • LuckyReds said:

stonemuse said:

Bump for Katrien Meire

Just looked at her Wiki page ... she really is a 'victim':

In January 2015, Meire was confronted on a train about the appointment of manager Guy Luzon after Charlton lost 5–0 to Watford; Meire revealed that there were 20 applicants for the job, including former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley. She also asked fans to "accept how we run club".[11][12][13] In February 2016, a fake document claiming that Meire had left the club was published by the Companies House website, amid protests against Duchâtelet's ownership and running of the club. The document is believed to have been created by a Charlton supporter and protester.[14][3][15] In May 2016, Meire claimed she had received "extreme abuse" from Charlton fans, particularly after the club's relegation to League One for the 2016–17 season; some fans turned up to Meire's parents' house in Belgium, and she also suggested some supporters had committed criminal offences against her.[16][17] A few days beforehand, there had been protests aimed at Meire during Charlton's last match of the 2015–16 season.[18] In 2016, Meire was awarded the Laureaten VRG-Alumniprijs.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrien_Meire

Great minds! ;)

I was digging through the history of that page last night, trying to tie usernames and IP addresses to other articles in the hope of finding the PR agency responsible for her.

I had to laugh at some of the vandalism though.
    Lucky, I don't think that is a secret. It's this lot.. I don't think they have their brightest and best minds on it , though.

• Surely it's not the links/websites that are being deleted, just it's ranking in the Google search engine.

Can't we just find this stuff by tracing it through other links - if it gets enough hits, it'll be back on Google.

• LuckyReds said:

stonemuse said:

Bump for Katrien Meire

In January 2015, Meire was confronted on a train about the appointment of manager Guy Luzon after Charlton lost 5–0 to Watford; Meire revealed that there were 20 applicants for the job, including former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley. She also asked fans to "accept how we run club".[11][12][13] In February 2016, a fake document claiming that Meire had left the club was published by the Companies House website, amid protests against Duchâtelet's ownership and running of the club. The document is believed to have been created by a Charlton supporter and protester.[14][3][15] In May 2016, Meire claimed she had received "extreme abuse" from Charlton fans, particularly after the club's relegation to League One for the 2016–17 season; some fans turned up to Meire's parents' house in Belgium, and she also suggested some supporters had committed criminal offences against her.[16][17] A few days beforehand, there had been protests aimed at Meire during Charlton's last match of the 2015–16 season.[18] In 2016, Meire was awarded the Laureaten VRG-Alumniprijs.[4]

Great minds! ;)

I was digging through the history of that page last night, trying to tie usernames and IP addresses to other articles in the hope of finding the PR agency responsible for her.

User:Materialscientist has just had a fiddle with the page. Nothing changed yet but looks quite easy to play with.
    Is there anything legally she can do to stop this or take action against those who do?
    She could report to Wikipedia if the amendments are libellous or inaccurate and the editor may then be banned.
  • mogodon said:

LuckyReds said:

stonemuse said:

Bump for Katrien Meire

Great minds! ;)

User:Materialscientist has just had a fiddle with the page. Nothing changed yet but looks quite easy to play with.
    Is there anything legally she can do to stop this or take action against those who do?
    She could report to Wikipedia if the amendments are libellous or inaccurate and the editor may then be banned.
    Pages are monitored regularly although not all of them. If a particular page is brought to the volunteer monitors then some can get quite officious and they have a huge amount of autonomy to edit and ban as they see fit. They hate spammers for example.
  • Ok that wiki page is pretty brand new. Until recently there was no wiki page for Katrien.
  • Just use duckduckgo as a search engine
  • Sponsored links:

• Duckduckgo does seem to come up with most of the negative stuff. Apropos of nothing, following one link lead me to find out Murray's full surname:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=8388828&privcapId=10608593
  • You can review her on "Speakerpedia" too...

http://speakerpedia.com/speakers/katrien-meire
  • LuckyReds said:

You can review her on "Speakerpedia" too...

Have to log in as a member...
  • LuckyReds said:

You can review her on "Speakerpedia" too...

Basically her profile is based on CACT not CAFC and refers to an event almost two years ago.
  • Her wikipedia page currently, incorrectly, states that she has a PHD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrien_Meire
  • olster said:

Her wikipedia page currently, incorrectly, states that she has a PHD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrien_Meire

another lie or a mistake?
  • Missed It said:

stonemuse said:

olster said:

Her wikipedia page currently, incorrectly, states that she has a PHD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrien_Meire

another lie or a mistake?
    You'd have to be wearing boxing gloves to type PHD instead of MA by accident!
    minge acne ?
  • Sponsored links:

• olster said:

That's the weirdest wikipedia page I've ever seen.

Just embarrassing.
  • olster said:

I saw that and - embarrassingly - thought "well it must be true". It just seems like a barmy thing to lie about; it's easy to checkout and not relevant to her current position/aspirations.

However, it would be interesting to determine when that specific part was added, who added it, and what else they've edited/authored.
  • Has she got a PHd? Has she bollocks.
    In both cases the answer is no!
  • LuckyReds said:

olster said:

I saw that and - embarrassingly - thought "well it must be true". It just seems like a barmy thing to lie about; it's easy to checkout and not relevant to her current position/aspirations.

However, it would be interesting to determine when that specific part was added, who added it, and what else they've edited/authored.
    I'll dig.
  • olster said:

Intersting additions there. Props on the colouring book Katrien.

• edited October 2016
    This is currently what the first line under 'History' says in the Wiki entry:

Meire studied law (LLM) at University College London, and in 2007, she finished a colouring in book from Tesco

Edit: Beat me to it.
  • edited October 2016
    This chap was the one who made the claims about the PhD - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Joseph2302 - I noticed him last time I went through her page edits, he has essentially written the entire article.

He's a Londoner, obviously has a huge hard-on for Wikipedia, studied Maths to MSc level at Warwick, and loves Cricket. I would say he is likely one of us, but there is nothing else related to Charlton in his history that I can see. (Apart from this archived content)