Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon away(12/11/16) advance purchase train tickets

This one is quite easy, for booking anyway!

This game is on international weekend, so to avoid wasting your money everybody get a network railcard(you can take 4 adults and 4 children on this).

You can use your railcard to Didcot Parkway, then you have to buy a return ticket from there to Swindon, these tickets need only to be purchased on the day.

Adult tickets are £16.50 return and a child is £4.75 return for London to Didcot Parkway.

The trains are 7/37 and 00/30, some trains require changing at Reading.

Didcot to Swindon are hourly at 32 minutes past the hour, going by a rail replacement but, on the way back are hourly at 45 minutes past the hour.

Didcot to London are 1/31 past the hour given an option of changing in Reading or going direct but this takes longer as takes a diversion.

Child tickets are £5.45 return with adults being £7.20 return

Don't forget that the game is scheduled for Sky with a 12.00 kick off, but I am certain that this game will be called off for the same reason as Scunthorpe was.

Top marks to fellow travel advisor Clive, without him I would have been giving total bum information.

Now then, who is going to Goole v Bamber Bridge with me............................

Comments

• Don't forget that the game is scheduled for Sky with a 12.00 kick off, but I am certain that this game will be called off for the same reason as Scunthorpe was.
  • edited September 2016
    hungover from scotland at wembley the night before and early ko so giving this one a miss, plus on sky.
  • Wouldn't the club want the tv money for this?
  • The game against Millllllllllllllllll has now been called off, so almost certainly the same will apply to the Swindon game.
  • Any confirmation on whether this match is going ahead as planned on 12/11?
  • kimbo said:

Any confirmation on whether this match is going ahead as planned on 12/11?

You'll have to wait till around the 3rd November for the international squads to be announced.

Assume that it will be called off.
  • I
    think as it's a tv game the club will not ask for it to be called off. They will want the tv cash
  • I
    think as it's a tv game the club will not ask for it to be called off. They will want the tv cash

Swindon would get the majority of the money (which isn't that much anyway) so why would we care?
  • edited September 2016
    So not worth booking the train yet then.....
  • Sponsored links:

• tickets for Charlton’s trip to Swindon Town on Saturday, November 12th are now on sale.

The fixture is an early kick-off that will be shown live on Sky Sports, and we have been handed a full allocation of 615 seats. The game falls on international weekend but, due to Sky Sports' live coverage, the fixture will definitely be played on this date.

Tickets are priced at £25 adults, £19 over 65s and students, £12 under 21s, £8 under 18s and £2 under 11s.

We have also been given a number of ambulant disabled tickets and have access to five wheelchair bays, both of which are priced at £19 and include a free helper.

Seats can be purchased by visiting The Valley in person, by calling 03330 14 44 44, or by going online. Please click here to visit our ticketing website.

Valley Away will be running a service to the County Ground, priced at £22. Please see below for a list of pick-up times.

Larkfield 7.10am
    Gravesend 7.40am
    Dartford 7.55am
    Bexleyheath 8.10am
    Bromley 8.40am
    Eltham 9am
    Charlton 9.15

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-tickets-swindon-town-3361298.aspx#yp2ZbP13DZiR2koX.99
  • Outrageous. So we lose 3 top players because Sky say so !

This cannot be right.
  • Oh c'mon thats a load of bullshit and an absolute joke!!

Always knew this would happen though
  • Well if Sky now determine who we can play, why are we having international weekends ?

Let the Prem matches go ahead as usual. Why should Prem teams benefit but not L1. This is clearly prejudice/favouritism.
  • Fuck it now instead of losing 3.0 we will lose 5.0 and sky customers can see just how far we have fallen under this lot

This cannot be right.

I'm assuming we've agreed to play the game despite potentially missing players as we want the appearance money?

This cannot be right.

I'm assuming we've agreed to play the game despite potentially missing players as we want the appearance money?

Outrageous. So we lose 3 top players because Sky say so !

This cannot be right.

Perhaps, but as the away team, I think it amounts to a small percentage of very little. I'd guess we get about £10K.

This cannot be right.

Outrageous. So we lose 3 top players because Sky say so !

This cannot be right.

Perhaps, but as the away team, I think it amounts to a small percentage of very little. I'd guess we get about £10K.
    Probably a brown envelope job.

This cannot be right.

How can you have a rule allowing a club to postpone a game due to international call ups, but then say it doesn't count as Sky are showing it?

And would would Sky want to show us without 3 or 4 of our best players, especially as they are mainly attacking ones? RS will park the bus and play for a draw

Imagine we we miss promotion or the playoffs due to losing this game (or get relegated...)
  • Complete and utter bollex.Sky rule the roost.A game that's on TV and Swindon want to charge £25.Fuckin joke
  • Sponsored links:

• Complete and utter bollex.Sky rule the roost.A game that's on TV and Swindon want to charge £25.Fuckin joke

Calm down calm down i will see you tomorrow Stevie

£25 is a ridiculous price for a Sky game, a 12pm kickoff without several of our best attacking players

• edited October 2016
    I know Sky have a big say in when games are to be played- even today Klop was moaning about having to play 2 games in 48 hours (the day before New Years Eve & then on New Years Day) because of TV - but surely Sky cant over-ride the League fixture rules.

Interesting to see what would happen if Novak gets injured & Ajose suspended for the game..RS having to play Aherne Grant up front with Umerah !!

If I was RS I would tell the club to grow some & tell the FL & Sky to srick it. If we cant play with Magennis & Lookman then we wont play at all - or we play the U23's.

If I remember correctly it was us, or rather Curbs, who first got the FL to introduce this rule when we played away to Tranmere one Friday night without Rufus, Newts & Jonny Robinson as the first 2 were playing for the England U21;s and JR for Wales.

• £25 for a mid-day kick off that's live on TV ?
    Match forced to take place by a TV company when normally it would be postponed ?

Modern day football...
  • We'll lose regardless.
  • There are £11.00 single tickets available on 08.30/09.30 trains from Paddington & the 14.45 from Swindon,these journeys will involve a bus between Didcot Parkway & Swindon.
  • As far as I'm aware the away club no longer gets a TV appearance fee in L1.
  • 139 Charlton
  • Don't forget that the game is scheduled for Sky with a 12.00 kick off, but I am certain that this game will be called off for the same reason as Scunthorpe was.

What a dick.
  • Oh and I suggest we boycott this game. (Aka I'm not going).