Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

wembley question

just a quick one ive never gone wembley without heading straight home after but as its midweek gonna crash my mates flat which is only a 20 minute journey from wembley, just wondering would i be alright to take a bag inside it will be a clean shirt, laptop and toiletries, looked on wembley faqs and cant find anything, anyone been before?.

Comments

• I took a rucksack into the game on Friday with no problems. They check them all on the way in so as long as it's not too big, can't see a problem.
  • just a quick one ive never gone wembley without heading straight home after but as its midweek gonna crash my mates flat which is only a 20 minute journey from wembley, just wondering would i be alright to take a bag inside it will be a clean shirt, laptop and toiletries, looked on wembley faqs and cant find anything, anyone been before?.

Pretty sure you'll be ok. Amongst 90k, there be quite a few people who head there straight from work who will also have bags.
  • My Mate took a laptop bag as he went straight from work on Friday. Was fine.
  • cheers chaps,

mods feel free to close.
  • I would have taken my laptop bag on Friday as I went straight from work..... I say would have, because what I actually did was left it in Roast in Boro Market during our pre game meal. Meaning my missus had me banging on the front door at 1am as it had my keys in.

Went down a storm.
  • A man (I assume) who worries about taking toiletries to a football match. Are you sure you haven't got a Wembley Complex?
  • The toiletries might be an issue, they might object to any aerosols (not arseholes)
  • Got in fine the search consisted of do you have any alcohol in there, nope fine go through then, Shame we couldn't hang on to get the win.
  • In addition was v dissapointed with a Mexican wave taking place, phone lights being switched on and the worst was people doing an Iceland clap!!
  • Sponsored links:

• In addition was v dissapointed with a Mexican wave taking place, phone lights being switched on and the worst was people doing an Iceland clap!!

The stadium is devoid of atmosphere
  • When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be "which player has played the most games at wembley?", which is something that comes up on the stadium tour.

Anyone want to have a guess?
  • @Off_it genuine guess wayne rooney
  • @Off_it genuine guess wayne rooney

He must be close, but that wasn't the answer they gave.
  • Joe Hart?

Nope
  • is it wembley as a stadium in current form or wembley old and new combined?.
  • is it wembley as a stadium in current form or wembley old and new combined?.

Combined, but it's a more recent player - post black and white days.
  • @Off_it peter shilton

Good answer. That was my guess when it came to my turn, but like you I was also wrong.

Is it just you playing? Want a clue?
  • Sponsored links:

• David Beckham?
  • Tony Adams?
  • tom- k said:

Tony Adams?

Boom!

Check out the big brain on tom-k!
  • Off_it said:

tom- k said:

Tony Adams?

Boom!

Check out the big brain on tom-k!
    I would have said Shilton as my first guess too though.
  • By the way, I have no way of knowing if it's true or checking, but that's what the man said.

Makes sense though; mainstay of the England team for a long time in the modern era (when more internationals are played) , a good smattering of cup final, semi final (kids, semis weren't always played at wembley!) and charity shield appearances and, the clincher for me, Arsenal also played some of their home Champions League games there for a while.
  • However, if you changed the question to "who has played the most professional games at Wembley?" then the answer could well be Stephen Hendry!
  • from 2000;

Tony Adams will lead England into tomorrow's World Cup qualifier against Germany in the knowledge that he has set a record that no player will ever beat. The Independent, which today publishes the complete record of all 750 football matches played at Wembley stadium, reveals today that the England captain has played beneath the twin towers more times than any other player. Adams' record of 59 Wembley appearances in all competitions and tournaments - 24 for Arsenal and 35 for his country - surpasses Peter Shilton's total of 58 by one.
  • "he has set a record that no player will ever beat"

That's a very strong statement by that article. Indeed it will be broken by a Spurs player probably. Not only do they play their CL games at Wembley now, next season they'll be playing their league games there as well!

It's possible Chelsea will groundshare at Wembley as well. Maybe a foreign player will break the Wembley record :smile: