Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Expectations now?

Have already said I am impressed so far with KR.Slades loss is his gain - he has inherited a good squad and the Play off's should be a minimum expectation.Lets hope he can hold onto Lookman and bring a couple of good players in.The games leading up,to Xmas should give us a good idea of his intentions.COYR

Comments

• Granted but under Slade I felt that was not going to happen
  • My expectation now is that at the beginning of March Jose Riga will be brought in again to try and get us out of the shit.

At the time (of course) this will of course be the correct decision by the CEO.
  • Come on Brendan - time to move on mate.Lets give him a chance
  • edited November 2016
    For once, I really don't know what to expect. A turning point? Maybe. More incompetence? Probably. All I do feel is that if this goes wrong, I really do fear the worst.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Anything less than promotion is a dismal failure for the club. We shouldn't have been relegated, but for their total incompetence. They need to do everything it takes to get promotion at the first chance to even get us back to the level of failure and dissatisfaction that we were at before relegation. Then we can go from there.

^^^this

think we will make play offs but won't get through them successfully unless a few team issues are addressed in January
  • He will get a chance, just like the previous managers did. I just fear that he will not be given too much of an opportunity, not because of his talents, but that he will out very quickly with the Rat and Meire over with his views. If they don't stick to what they have promised him, he won't take it on the chin, he will tell them exactly what he thinks of them.
  • My expectation is the same as it was at the beginning of the season, and the same as Katrien Meire continues to promise. Promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have already said I am impressed so far with KR.Slades loss is his gain - he has inherited a good squad and the Play off's should be a minimum expectation.Lets hope he can hold onto Lookman and bring a couple of good players in.The games leading up,to Xmas should give us a good idea of his intentions.COYR

Why are you impressed with KR so far out of interest ?

My expectation hasn't really changed from the start of the season - promotion.
  • As I said on another thread - he seems just what we need a Breath of fresh air.Slade laid foundations but could not deliver on the pitch.Lets just hope KR will.Liked the idea of bringing Matt Holland to the ground as well
  • If they listen - promotion. If not gawd help us!!
  • There's a noticeable amount of hope creeping in with KR's arrival. The trouble with high expectations is that failure starts at a higher threshold. With the mess we are in, not going down and looking capable of going upwards is my goal. I worry that finishing 8th will be deemed failure and before we know it Fraeye or some other clown is leading us further astray. I really think this is a key period as to whether we stabilise or things get worse. Yes, promotion would be nice but stability is the must have.
  • From the interview I would guess KR is aiming for automatic promotion, with the expectation/gaurantee of making the playoffs.
  • IT_Andy said:

From the interview I would guess KR is aiming for automatic promotion, with the expectation/gaurantee of making the playoffs.

He comes in at a diffcult time and should we not get promoted then next season will be much harder for him. I expect us to reach the playoffs, with exciting football.
  • There's a noticeable amount of hope creeping in with KR's arrival. The trouble with high expectations is that failure starts at a higher threshold. With the mess we are in, not going down and looking capable of going upwards is my goal. I worry that finishing 8th will be deemed failure and before we know it Fraeye or some other clown is leading us further astray. I really think this is a key period as to whether we stabilise or things get worse. Yes, promotion would be nice but stability is the must have.

Shouldn't expectations be high after beating Port Vale, hammering Bristol Rovers and getting a point off of a good Sheffield United team ?

I don't see how stability is really achieved by staying in this division, the financial consequences are horrendous (and that would be the case under any regime) which will result in more players being sold and more debt being shovelled onto the pile. Only in the Championship can we have any hope for stability, and even then it's a push.

8th is failure with our budget
  • start of the season playoffs was a bare minimum, under current shenanigans if offered now id take playoffs, i do think that come the end of the season we will be kicking ourselves for some of the sloppy results weve recorded, wasnt there on saturday but ive heard we were dreadful maybe the bristol win was very flattering and not that much has changed?.

our next few games should be good markers, hope we beat mk dons as would love a big away tie 3rd round.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016
    It's all about Robinson now. If he's as decent a coach as we all hope then the playoffs shouldn't be beyond reach but if I'm being pushed for a prediction I'm going to say 8th place. Next season will be Robinsons Waterloo and yes I do think he will be here then.
  • edited November 2016
    Before season I expected automatic promotion

Before Slade was sacked I expected us to make play offs.

After Robinson was appointed I expect us to make play offs.

The impact of whether that can be better or worse will probably be determined by what happens in Jan.
  • I bet £50 with @PragueAddick before the season started that we'd make the top six.

I was expecting Slade to be able to repair the midfield in the summer and that he'd still be around but I still think it was a good bet.

But a long way to go and I don't think we've been in the top six yet all season.

Expectation was top 6 minimum and possible top 2 and that remains the same. This is league 1 FFS
  • Still hoping for automatic promotion, only seen two good teams this season Sheff. Utd. and Scunthorpe. Should either of those falter I hope we can catch them. Apart from that nothing less than the play offs.
  • Anything other than playoffs is a massive failure. We should have been fighting for automatics at this point but our glorious owners made a mess of the off season and transfer window yet again. They could have put last seasons fiasco right, they didn't, this may be a good appointment but he has to hit the ground running and the transfer window needs to be successful for us to stand any chance.
  • My expectations, let's just see what happens in January. If we manage to hang on to the likes of konsa and lookman and bring in a couple of decent midfielders i would expect to have a great chance of promotion.
    If however we sell our best young players and don't bring in a couple of decent midfielders we are going nowhere.
    Come on Daisy it's over to you

excellently put, i just hope that they take note.
  • After hearing his interview my up to date % ages

0.5% Top two ......... 49.5 % 3rd-6th ......... 45% 7th-12th ......... 5% 13th-20th .......0% relegation
  • I will wait to see what formation he plays in the next few weeks. If it is the same slow midfield we will maybe scrape playoffs. I think Lookman will be sold to pay for any replacements though
  • edited November 2016
    Has to be promotion back to the Championship. Anything less is totally unacceptable.