Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting To Know The Network (4 Part Radio Documentary) (31/1 Part 3, pg. 17)

Comments

• Options

Why doesn't Roland have the bollocks to say something to the English press?
    He's quite critical towards our Chris when he's doing Interviews in Flemish , and our fans via 'a statement' when he's nice and safe behind his keyboard at home.
    The man is a total coward, never shows to games but as soon as we get his back up he suddenly has plenty to say.

He'd get crucified by the press, and he knows it.

A coward as you say.
  • Options

A coward as you say.

And another name that begins with a 'C'
  • Options

Thought that the most insightful thing, was Piotr Parliyck (Polish Pete) admitting himself that the way his signing was handled was ridiculous and that he 'Was'nt ready for that level".

The e-mails from Roland and the influencing of team selection is astonishing, it shows you the delusion of Roland that he would value the opinion of Thomas Driesden (0 professional games as coach or manager, and probably not left his bedroom/laptop for fifteen years), over that of Chris Powell (670 Pro Games and 3/4 seasons as a manager/coach).

I think we all know the reason behind that, is that Driesden will give him the answers that he wants, whilst Powell wouldnt' kowtow to him.

Ask yourself this, if all of the network signings were any good (Astrid, Reza, Nego, Koc, Polish Pete), then surely they would have gone on to have successful careers? Er not quite, they are all bumbling around the lower leagues of Europe, going nowhere and doing nothing.

Look at the players we have let go, Hamer in the PL, Yann and Morrison for example both playing regularly in the Championship. Even Wiggins has been at a higher level than L1, despite his injuries.

Total shambles of an administration.

Some day we'll laugh about this.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Congratulations to Jimmy Stone for a couple of excellent podcasts - measured, balanced and extremely professional, with plenty of compelling testimony from those involved at the time. It's particularly impressive that he managed to get hold of some of the network scouts. The facts - including Duchatelet's extraordinary emails - speak for themselves and the absence of any aggressive advocacy against the regime only adds further weight to the documentary's overall credibility. A good example was including an extract from the interview with the agent (I think it was) who repeatedly asserted that Duchatelet was "a very smart man". Given the juxtaposition to the compelling evidence to the contrary, that contention only served to underscore the fact that, on any objective view, Duchatelet is, in football terms, an arrogant, pernicious nincompoop.

I think it was in the first podcast that Chris Powell said that he didn't wish to sign a new contract in the period prior to the takeover when several of our core players had yet to be rewarded with extensions. I found that extremely poignant in the light of subsequent events and it speaks volumes for him as a man. Echoes there of Lennie Lawrence deferring a contract extension mid-season during one of our perennial relegation battles at Selhurst Park on the basis that he wanted the players to feel that he was in the same boat as them.

Duchatelet's assertion that Chris leaked the emails is a thoroughly despicable attempt to smear him and deflect attention away from Duchatelet's disgraceful attempt to exercise duress regarding team selection. As Stig and others have said, however, it's unlikely to constitute defamation, given that Duchatelet's (factually incorrect) statement is unlikely to lower the regard in which Chris Powell is held by "right-thinking members of society". Most people will see it for what it is, whilst disclosure of the emails and the way in which Chris conducted himself throughout is only like to enhance his already outstanding reputation within the game.

Looking forward to episodes 3 and 4 and to further disclosures to evidence the deplorable conduct of this regime. Their credibility is in tatters and anodyne statements from anonymous spokespersons will simply not cut it, given their track record.

Even Duchatelet must realise that his days at this club are numbered.

Doubt it- too busy wandering around with his head up his own arse, wondering who turned out the lights
  • Options
    Garry monk shut up.

What's the point in having a manager to the 1st team if the owner is just trying to dictate who plays?

There is no point.

Being a football manager is a hard enough job without pointless pressure from someone that knows nothing about the game.

Roland has no respect for the sport.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I don't get why you are all getting so stressed!

Just remember...

"Roland doesn't do failure"
  • Options

Thoughts from someone on Roland's emails from Facebook.

Where's is this? Which group?
    Head Up There Arses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes football has changed, tactics, formations, fitness and diets of players etc but whether it's the 80s, 90s or now, i'm pretty sure at no point is it ever acceptable at any club, for the owner to give the manager players who are clearly not up to the level required and demand that the manager plays them. So no Daphne, we shouldn't accept this.
  • Options
    I wonder what Roland's revenge will be this time? The price we paid for interrupting his lunch was to sack Brussell.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Maybe some red and white vinyl stickers!!!!!Or removable cardboard or cloth covers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Sad thing is you'd see nearly every letter at a home game.
  • Options
    Yes, that sums it all up really! Sadly!
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

A coward as you say.

Cockwomble?
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

A coward as you say.

Crystal Palace fan?
  • Options
    @MuttleyCAFC - as you say, Duchatelet certainly won't apologise. He hasn't got the decency to do so. He might also try to justify himself by saying that, if Chris didn't leak the emails, then who did (something the regime would like to know but which Jimmy obviously won't disclose) ? Duchatelet should, of course, at the very least, have put his assertion to Chris before making it to the Belgian press but he is clearly making it up as he goes along.

I can see that some readers of his statement might take it at face value and assume that there was some kind of breach of confidence although, given the overall context, I think that most would not. Even among those who did, I think that some people would think no worse of Chris, given Duchatelet's disgracefully oppressive behaviour. On the basis that Duchatelet probably won't make an apology and retraction, I agree that Chris is unlikely to demand one and may simply content himself by saying that the emails did not come from him.

The Court of Public Opinion is likely to be more effective than fannying around with lawyers and I'm also sure that Chris has much better things to do with his time.

As for us supporters, I'm sure that CARD will come up with some ingenious ways of visiting further humiliation upon Duchatelet for his scandalous conduct in early 2014 and the subterfuge subsequently deployed by him and Meire to try and justify his behaviour and rubbish the accounts of numerous "bitter ex-employees". As a few thousand of us will be shoehorned into the Lower West Stand on Saturday, there may well be an opportunity to make our feelings known to Meire and the SMT.
  • Options

big difference between asking questions and interfering

• Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1911953#Comment_1911953

Link to the Stat Bank that season only Astrit and Reza played more than 10 times and the introduction of Diego was far more important in that run.