Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    As he's playing left back we could call him The Back Page!
    Christ......... I must admit that was dreadful.
  • As he's playing left back we could call him The Back Page!
    Christ......... that was dreadful.

sure was .. AND I bet he's never heard that before
  • Honestly can't make people out. We sign a promising young English left back on a permanent basis from an established Premier League club and fans would rather talk about his missus name when they get married.

Unique.

Thought you liked humour pal!
  • edited January 2017

SDAddick said:

SDAddick's otherwise impeccable scouting record has nothing here (see JFC), sorry guys.*

His loan was apparently terminated when Slade joined Coventry, so if Slade doesn't rate him then I figure he's decent.

*That's right, I referred to myself in the third person AND complimented myself in the same sentence. Not being British has its advantages...

Head of state, Liz or Donald? God knows I don't like the monarchy and I agree with Thomas Paine about them, but Trump? Really?
    perrrrleeeese .. keep this post free from monarchy/the Donald/politics
    It is the inalienable right of every Lifer to take any thread off in whatever direction he/she/{whatever the correct pronoun is for someone of the transgender or non-gendered community} so chooses. Put that in your perrrrleeeese pipe and smoke it.

P.S. I think you meant 'thread', not 'post'.
  • edited January 2017
    Talal said:

Tattoos are a bit shit but I'll give him a chance

Music loving gambler who likes lips and is a fan of Daffy Duck (I think).
  • Don't we have a young LB of our own?

Very good point. You have to wonder if Archie Edwards will get his chance one day. I think he needs experience out on loan but I think that would probably have to be at non-league level. League 2 might be a bit of a stretch for him, at least physically.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick's otherwise impeccable scouting record has nothing here (see JFC), sorry guys.*

His loan was apparently terminated when Slade joined Coventry, so if Slade doesn't rate him then I figure he's decent.

*That's right, I referred to myself in the third person AND complimented myself in the same sentence. Not being British has its advantages...

Head of state, Liz or Donald? God knows I don't like the monarchy and I agree with Thomas Paine about them, but Trump? Really?
    It is the inalienable right of every Lifer to take any thread off in whatever direction he/she/{whatever the correct pronoun is for someone of the transgender or non-gendered community} so chooses. Put that in your perrrrleeeese pipe and smoke it.

mmmm .. I'll make a note of that ... post = original/first bit of typing on any of a multitude of 'subjects' .. & .. thread = all the old tosh or pearls of wisdom that generate from said post .. is that it ?
  • He doesnt look very enthusiastic to have signed for us.
  • edited January 2017
    Shame he cant wear the number 3 shirt

Edit - just read thread and somebody got in first - piss off @SoundAsa£ I do the jokes around here mate.
    @i_b_b_o_r_g I want this poster banned. Please look in to this.... This type of behaviour demands your full focus.
  • Welcome Lewis
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

I believe the term is zhe
  • Only made 28 appearances so far according to Wiki.

Not overwhelmed by this, especially if he wasn't performing in a crap Coventry side
  • Two left-footed and left-sided players in with compliments received from previous clubs.

Let's give them a few games to show what They can do before we castigate them.

Welcome and good luck. And when you score a 30 yard thunderbolt can we call it a page 3 stunner?
  • Only made 28 appearances so far according to Wiki.

Not overwhelmed by this, especially if he wasn't performing in a crap Coventry side

He must be ok - Slade didn't want him.
  • edited January 2017
    Bit gutted with his name to be fair. There is something missing, if only it was Turner-Page or Last-Page I could possibly get excited!

Good luck Lewis, you'll bloody need it!
  • Swisdom said:

Two left-footed and left-sided players in with compliments received from previous clubs.

Welcome and good luck. And when you score a 30 yard thunderbolt can we call it a page 3 stunner?

Let's all hope he don't make a tit of himself
  • shirty5 said:

Swisdom said:

Two left-footed and left-sided players in with compliments received from previous clubs.

He's quite nippy
  • shirty5 said:

Swisdom said:

Maybe he'll help us win the cup
  • Cover for left back for Chicksen, more bargain basement shopping.

Welcome & good luck to the player.
  • Sponsored links:

If his first name was Jimmy we could call him Led Zeppelin.
  • vff said:

Cover for left back for Chicksen, more bargain basement shopping.

Welcome & good luck to the player.

Can't see him coming here to play understudy to Chicksen, challenge him for the position, yes!

Who the hell do you expect us to sign in that position then?

Good piece of business by the club if you ask me!
  • edited January 2017
    Slade sent all 5 of Coventry's loans back (including Page) and the Coventry fans didn't seem to comment on Page, so appeared rather meh about him leaving. (unless I've missed some comments).
  • Slade sent all 5 of Coventry's loans back (including Page).

Wasn't page's loan only a 5 month loan from the start of the season?

How many loans can a team have in a season?
  • 6 days in and KR has already signed 3 players. Bodes well for the rest of the month or will this be it for now?

Well sure, but Ive not yet forgotten the hoardes that turned up this time 3 years ago having moved a couple of our players on. Time will tell, let's hope it's quality and not just quantity.
  • Slade sent all 5 of Coventry's loans back (including Page).

Wasn't page's loan only a 5 month loan from the start of the season?

How many loans can a team have in a season?
    Yes, looks like you're correct. (Still can't see any comments by Coventry fans, good or bad).

Usually traditional numbering, wouldn't he be Page 3
  • edited January 2017

Slade sent all 5 of Coventry's loans back (including Page) and the Coventry fans didn't seem to comment on Page, so appeared rather meh about him leaving. (unless I've missed some comments).

Page loan deal expired on 12 January, Coventry next match 14 January, new manager who wants his own players so understandable that he left early, see him on bench
  • SDAddick said:

Out of the blue that one.

Don't know anything about him but welcome and good luck.

Assuming Fox leaves then is he first choice with Desilva playing further up the park?

I wonder if Chicksen becomes first choice as a left back, and DaSilva and Page being used as wingback/left sided midfield. I also have a theory based on nothing much beyond the players in our squad, that KR may be looking at 3-5-2 as a back-up formation. Being in the middle of a back three would allow RoJo to just stand there and head the ball, and his lack of ability with the ball at his feet and lack of pace would be somewhat nullified by the other two CBs. Playing on the left hand side of a back three would also help Harry Lennon as he's naturally left footed and him getting caught out of position would be nullified by the other two. It could also allow Tex or Bauer to push forward out of defense with the ball on occasion.

Again, nothing here beyond pure speculation.
    Ah, I see what you have done there. You've mistaken us for a team that HAS a f****Ing plan.
  • Give the lad a chance, he's gotta be better than Fox.....then again anyone would be better than Fox...good luck to Page, the perminant deal should give him the boost (as anyone out there on a fixed term or temp contract will understand)