Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• Only significant senior appearances on loan this season at Coventry - his loan was terminated yesterday, a week early. Also played a few games on loan at Cambridge United in League Two last season.

Played for West Ham against very minor opposition in the UEFA Cup/Europa League qualifying matches.

Sounds promising.
  • edited January 2017

Welcome Lewis our fans have a great affection for left backs

Remember that manager we had that used to select 4 or 5 in each match day squad....those were the days
  • I wonder if we used his brother Michael to recruit him...
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick's otherwise impeccable scouting record has nothing here (see JFC), sorry guys.*

His loan was apparently terminated when Slade joined Coventry, so if Slade doesn't rate him then I figure he's decent.

*That's right, I referred to myself in the third person AND complimented myself in the same sentence. Not being British has its advantages...

Head of state, Liz or Donald? God knows I don't like the monarchy and I agree with Thomas Paine about them, but Trump? Really?
    perrrrleeeese .. keep this post free from monarchy/the Donald/politics
    It is the inalienable right of every Lifer to take any thread off in whatever direction he/she/{whatever the correct pronoun is for someone of the transgender or non-gendered community} so chooses. Put that in your perrrrleeeese pipe and smoke it.

P.S. I think you meant 'thread', not 'post'.
    mmmm .. I'll make a note of that ... post = original/first bit of typing on any of a multitude of 'subjects' .. & .. thread = all the old tosh or pearls of wisdom that generate from said post .. is that it ?
    Not quite. Each of the contributions is a post, the thread is, as you say, the tosh and pearls of wisdom, but including the original post.
  • Bit gutted with his name to be fair. There is something missing, if only it was Turner-Page or Last-Page I could possibly get excited!

Good luck Lewis, you'll bloody need it!

Or perhaps Page-Bhoy?
  • Anyway. I truly hope Lewis pulls his finger out, pulls his socks up, pulls out the stops and pulls on the shirt with a sense of pride.

If you are looking for a pun don't bother, there isn't one, I just got a bit carried away.

Welcome Lewis.
  • That post is clearing its throat for the first time he duffs a clearance out for a throw tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• All i want is players who give 100% and walk out the tunnel wearing the charlton shirt with pride and passion
    No prima dona superstars just hard working passionate players
  • Lose an experienced championship quality player for a loan player who is currently playing at the shit end of our division.

Please forgive me if I don't get up to cheer.
  • Redrobo said:

Lose an experienced championship quality player for a loan player who is currently playing at the shit end of our division.

Please forgive me if I don't get up to cheer.

What loan player?
  • Agre with floydroad.. win or lose give us 100% and we will support the playsr
  • _MrDick said:

As he's playing left back we could call him The Back Page!
    Christ......... I must admit that was dreadful.

Usually traditional numbering, wouldn't he be Page 3
    I already did that one further up the thread......sorry!
  • http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/lewis-page-to-sign-today.66961/page-2

Post by Liquid Gold looks promising!

Good luck Lewis.

This comment stood out ...... "Unfortunately the kid is all about confidence. " We've just the fans for him then.

1967CAFC said:

Agre with floydroad.. win or lose give us 100% and we will support the playsr

Except that isn't true is it?
  • Anyway. I truly hope Lewis pulls his finger out, pulls his socks up, pulls out the stops and pulls on the shirt with a sense of pride.

If you are looking for a pun don't bother, there isn't one, I just got a bit carried away.

Welcome Lewis.

Preferably not his hammy though!
  • DRAddick said:

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/lewis-page-to-sign-today.66961/page-2

Good luck Lewis.

This comment stood out ...... "Unfortunately the kid is all about confidence. " We've just the fans for him then.
    That was about a different player.

Apparently Page can't defend, according to them. Should be fun
  • (Coventry's CBs can't defend, which may have made Page seem worse at defending than he is)

Oh shit though, now I'm wondering if he played in the 7-2 U23s match
  • Sponsored links:

• He didn't. That was Haynes, the 'all about confidence' kid. Lol
  • http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/lewis-page-to-sign-today.66961/page-2

Good luck Lewis.

Oh dear!
  • He prolly looked worse at Coventry but I'm sure it was all because whoever played in front of him was poor and didn't cover , never his fault , as long as he gives 100% I don't care how shit he is .
    Just cos he was owned by a premier league club doesn't really mean much , how many appearances in the premier league did they risk him for , John Obika was owned by a premier league club.
    Hopefully he's not like the other left back ?? we got from West Ham on loan when we were in league one who as usual, because he played for us , most tried to make out was good but was a bit nothingy and I think ended up non league .

• Who was that then? We had so many loans I've forgotten him.
  • Poor bastard..what did he do to deserve this I wonder?
  • I was disappointed when I thought it was a loan. I can only hope that Robbo plans to turn him into a left sided midfielder who can tackle. Our defence has been pretty solid so far and the change does on the face of it seems to weakened it.
    Hope I am wrong.
  • Matt Fry?

Oh yeah forgot about him, though he was ok, got a few injuries.