Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Teams that have changed the colour(s) of their shirts

Obviously these days every team changes the style of their shirts more or less every season but I was wondering how many teams have completely changed the colour of their shirts. Arsenal must have at one stage because they had that last season at Highbury where they played in their original colours. I seem to remember Palace's shirts were claret and blue. I'm fairly sure Leeds playing in all white was down to Don Revie (correct me if I'm wrong). Any others completely change the basic colour of their shirts ?

Comments

• edited January 2017
    We did it briefly... We changed to the colours of Catford Southend (plus we also changed to white home kits for a while)

(Was also the reasoning behind our away shirt a few years ago)
  • Cardiff switched to red a few years ago (but are back in blue again now)
  • Millwall seem to change the tone of blue on their shirts every other season
  • Crystal Palace and Leeds
  • Didn't Millwall change to all white home shirts for a while?
  • Didn't Millwall change to all white home shirts for a while?

In the 60's I think
  • Brazil after the 1950 World Cup

• Leeds were yellow and blue (the colour of the city), changed by Revie who was impressed by Real Madrid
  • I think Leeds wore halved shirts. Blue and Gold ?
  • Luton have had a couple of different shirt colours too. Orange, white & orange and white & blue.
  • Sponsored links:

• C_A_F_C said:

Crystal Palace and Leeds

It pains me to say it but I did like the white palace top with the diagonal blue & red stripe.
  • York
  • edited January 2017
    LouisMend said:

C_A_F_C said:

Crystal Palace and Leeds

It pains me to say it but I did like the white palace top with the diagonal blue & red stripe.
    I think the target of the Palace fan jokes can no longer be me after this comment.
    Cant they?

Appears to me to be a typical Nigel trick and its sad that a Palace fan would force an innocent person to take the flack instead of them!!
  • C_A_F_C said:

Crystal Palace and Leeds

He's got a point @SE9Addicks... Its a great shirt to watch go up in flames!!

• Celtic - started in white shirts, were given some old blue and white shirts by Rangers, and in the wash these went green.
  • Luton have had a couple of different shirt colours too. Orange, white & orange and white & blue.

Post war they have gone from plain white shirts/black shorts to orange/blue to white/white to white/blue to orange/blue back to white/black to white/blue to orange/white and now orange/blue again.
  • Charlton 1923
  • Sponsored links:

• Going back several decades Pompey played in salmon pink shirts before changing to blue
  • Spurs 1882.

Dark Blue Shirts, White shorts, Blue Socks.

Only changed to white shirt, blue shorts in 1884-5.

Special mention for the all white kit worn in European competition.
  • edited January 2017
    Liverpool originally played in blue and white.

We wore white at home in the 60s.

Others I can think of Leeds, Millwall, Palace, Brazil - did Juve play in pink at home?

I think Mexico had a black home kit recently?
  • Liverpool originally played in blue and white.

Others I can think of Leeds, Millwall, Palace, Brazil - did Juve play in pink at home?

Wasn't that the white with red shoulders, only wore it for one season I think. We played in all red in 68
    Milwall were all white in the late 60'd early 70's
  • edited January 2017
    Kap10 said:

Liverpool originally played in blue and white.

Wasn't that the white with red shoulders, only wore it for one season I think. We played in all red in 68
    Milwall were all white in the late 60'd early 70's

• Man Utd played in yellow and green when they were Newton Heath
  • I may be making this up, but didn't a club change from pale blue and white stripes after the Falklands Conflict - maybe someone like Lincoln ?

Coventry change between plain/stripey shirts.
  • When I was a boy (1950's) Leyton Orient played in blue shirts and white shorts. Does anyone know when they switched to red?
  • MrOneLung said:

I may be making this up, but didn't a club change from pale blue and white stripes after the Falklands Conflict - maybe someone like Lincoln ?

Coventry change between plain/stripey shirts.

Stockport. Think they changed to be like Argentina after they won the world cup (Argentina that is not Stockport) and then changed back.

Stockport used to the the answer to a great trick football question but doesn't really work now they are out of the league

This is a classic kit from the predecessor club to a team in our division