Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upbeats Day 2017 - 8th April *Hales and Flanagan first walkers announced*

*Save the Date*

Whilst we may struggle to beat the £37k raised last year, one thing we can all impact on is boosting numbers for the walk.

It's a fantastic 9 mile stroll, ending with a lovely pint and some complimentary grub. Those who have done it in previous years will tell it's fantastic fun and great to be involved with.

We've always managed a good turnout of Lifers for the walk and hopefully this year we can boost it further.

So an early warning to mark the day on your kitchen calendars (if you are old Skool like me)

Comments

• Damn. I will be in Malaysia that day. I'll do a 9 mile walk in Malaysia on the same day though and try and find some sponsors.
  • Bollocks, we're in Sandy Balls that week.

Scrap that, realised we get back on Friday so will be able to do it.

Scrap that, realised we get back on Friday so will be able to do it.
    I'll warn @Tracey ;)
  • I'm in

My mate is a Shrimper so I'll see if he wants to join me this year
  • I'm in again, absolutely loved it last year.
  • Usually well up for this but unfortunately can't make the date this year
  • I'm up for again this year hoping for an easier ride
  • I'm up for again this year hoping for an easier ride

turning up non-smashed might be a good start!

• Sponsored links:

• Count me in
    Love the upbeats
  • Charlton legends Hales and Flanagan to join Upbeats Day on Saturday April 8th

Two of Charlton’s greatest ever players will be joining Upbeats Day on Saturday April 8th.

Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT) are delighted to announce that Derek Hales and Mike Flanagan will be joining supporters, staff and other ex-players for the third annual charity walk in aid of Charlton’s Down’s Syndrome team.

They formed a formidable partnership up front in the 70s and 80s, and will now be joining up again to lead one of the most popular days in Charlton’s calendar.

Supporters can now sign up to join Derek, Mike and a host of other Charlton legends to walk the 9 miles from Charlton’s training ground in New Eltham to the Valley before Charlton’s home game against Southend United.

As a Thank You for the incredible support given to the Upbeats in the last two years, registration this year is free.

Starting at Charlton’s Sparrows Lane training ground at 9am, walkers will receive breakfast pastries, teas/coffees and t-shirts before setting off and trekking through Eltham, Shooters Hill, Greenwich and Charlton to The Valley.

After completing the 9 miles, walkers will receive complimentary hot meal in Crossbars, from where the Upbeats game against Albion in the Community’s Down’s Syndrome team can be watched.

You can sign up yourself, your friends and family by visiting http://www.cact.org.uk/get-involved/upbeats-day-2017-signup/ , but hurry as the event capacity is limited.

£37,000 was sensationally raised last year to fund the project, which relies solely on individual donations. CACT are aiming to reach this figure again in 2017.

You can find out how to begin fundraising or donate yourself by visiting www.cact.org.uk
  • Really hope a lot of you have put in your diaries to keep that morning clear.

Free entry this year, if you are even considering getting involved, do it !

• edited February 2017

I'm in mate
  • Signed up
  • We're in. ;)
  • I'll be on that.
  • Photo of Killer and Flash in mock boxing stance to be auctioned off after the event ?
  • We've both signed up.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be back again this year. It's a great day.
  • Hmm I may be back, if so I'll be there
  • Count me and the Labradoodle in...
  • Has anyone who signed up received a confirmation email yet? Think I may have entered my address incorrectly and haven't heard anything back.
  • Has anyone who signed up received a confirmation email yet? Think I may have entered my address incorrectly and haven't heard anything back.

I have not had a conformation either.

Bailey got one, they don't speak to anymore. I blame my new friends in SE9. ;)
  • I've had a confirmation email now.
  • I've had a confirmation email now.

Yes, mine just came through too.
  • Just to clarify on the registration / email.

There is no automated confirmation response in place, its manually done so i think its likely there will be times when some delays are experienced when receiving a response.

Hope that helps.