Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Blair

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the referendum is he not aware that his intervention, on anything, can only do harm to that which he supports.

Comments

• edited February 2017
  • edited February 2017
    Thread be gone by 3:16
  • that's his game. all reverse phycology. him and Boris have been planning this for months.
  • Blair still seeking his knighthood
  • Sir Tony.....

....Watt
  • stonemuse said:

Blair still seeking his knighthood

After first turning it down?
  • Blair telling the country what's right and wrong again.

Problem is Tone,the last crusade didn't go so well did it!

Joker.
  • Sponsored links:

• So Open Britain pay Tony Blair his £300,000 speaker fee and get their agenda splattered all over the news. Money well spent? I expect Blair thinks so.
  • It's like Grandad babbling on in the corner after one too many brandies.
  • It's all a big ego trip for him. He doesn't give a toss whether Brexit happens or not, he's only in this for himself.
  • se9addick said:

It's like Grandad babbling on in the corner after one too many brandies.

Sounds like Charlton's very own president
  • The man represents everything that is wrong with Great Britain
  • Smiling, smug, disseminating, greedy plum........so only just a worse version of your average politician.
  • Sponsored links:

• No one cares what you have to say Blair
  • edited February 2017
    Shoot the messenger, not the message, marked by how much fury is coming for the con artist leavers.

Anyway, Blair has every right to say what he said, he wasn't paid by Open Britain, and Alex Massie has a point me thinks

"I don’t know about you but if I were to make a speech arguing that democracy should be abandoned, I probably wouldn’t begin by saying ‘I want to be explicit. Yes, the British people voted to leave Europe. And I agree the will of the people should prevail.’

That’s just me, however. When Tony Blair says this, he apparently means to encourage an anti-democratic insurrection. Which, I suppose, makes sense if you still suffer from an acute case of Blair Derangement Syndrome. Plenty of people evidently do."

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/tony-blair-right-brexit/
  • Basically he's saying we're all too thick to understand the arguments for and against.

The majority voted to leave, accept it and move on.