Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Blair

Comments

• Next up to support the anti-Brexit campaign
    Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris.

You're well out of order pal.
  • Chizz said:

MrOneLung said:

Chizz said:

Does anyone have a view on what he actually said?

Yes. He was wrong.

You can't keep rejecting a vote until you get the result you want. Whether it be a Scottish referendum, Brexit, Trump, Labour Party leadership. You have democratic rules in place and you live by them.

Would you need a general election each time a manifesto promise was broken?
    Does that mean that, subsequent to a referendum, no dissenting voice should ever be heard?
    Have a night off.
    Oh, OK! You tell me in the morning then.
  • I believe that TB promised a referendum in one of his early party manifestos, and wanted to join the euro, which Brown opposed, but he did not have the guts to sack Brown.
  • It's nice to see everyone so united on here for a change ;)

I think, he just wanted to get himself back on TV. He's seen Trump getting all the limelight and decided he wants a piece of the action. I've not read what he's said as I'm not sure it will add anything of value to the process one way or another.
  • iainment said:

Next up to support the anti-Brexit campaign

Agreed, it's well known they are both pro brexit...
  • His eight years as a successful Middle Eastern Envoy, surely has to make people sit up and listen to him.

The withdrawal of the Zionists from the new Developments in Jerusalem allowing both Hezbollah and Hamas to move in harmoniously has been a wonder to behold and a sign of TB's ability to hold core negotiations with all parties involved to achieve the desired outcome that everyone is comfortable with.

I'm fully behind Tony on this one.
  • Addickted said:

His eight years as a successful Middle Eastern Envoy, surely has to make people sit up and listen to him.

The withdrawal of the Zionists from the new Developments in Jerusalem allowing both Hezbollah and Hamas to move in harmoniously has been a wonder to behold and a sign of TB's ability to hold core negotiations with all parties involved to achieve the desired outcome that everyone is comfortable with.

I'm fully behind Tony on this one.

Be interesting to get Donald Fart's sorry Trump's view on this.
  • Even as a remain voter I don't want another referendum, they're horrendous and completely polarise a country. After the Scottish referendum and the EU referendum last year I hope we never have another one in our country ever again.
  • se9addick said:

Even as a remain voter I don't want another referendum, they're horrendous and completely polarise a country. After the Scottish referendum and the EU referendum last year I hope we never have another one in our country ever again.

the great unwashed just spoil everything..
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9DA9
    edited February 2017
    Delivered regularly to a site two doors down from his london home in Connaught square a while back, two armed guards permanently outside and one patrolling around the back.
    Oddly, his neighbour is Claudia winkelman, the BBC must pay well.
  • Will Blair lose a gold plated pension, if we leave the EU.
    The man should be tried for war crimes. Did
    he not lie about Iraq have weapons of mass destruction/

Creamed himself over dodgy CIA and intelligence reports, all juiced up by his pal Bush, whether you can call that lying I'm not sure, naive, stupid and down right fawning, probably.
    Despise him and his loathsome wife.
  • DA9 said:

Delivered regularly to a site two doors down from his london home in Connaught square a while back, two armed guards permanently outside and one patrolling around the back.

She comes from quite a wealthy background, the BBC salary is probably just the cherry on the top
  • DA9 said:

She comes from quite a wealthy background, the BBC salary is probably just the cherry on the top
    Yes, her forefather was the first ever wet fish stall holder and the nickname stuck. Rumour has it, she gets a quid for every pint (or 0.47 litres in new money) of shell fish sold and you get a fishy wiff if you're ever caught down wind of her
  • Chizz said:

You either agree that people should be allowed and encouraged to voice their opinion (even when the vote goes against them) or you don't, though

Of course, and it's been done to death on the Brexit thread.
    But you didn't just posit a viewpoint for debate, you introduced Tony Blair into the equation and now you are feigning surprise that people are focusing on the messenger instead of the message.
    Chizz said:

Imagine what this country would be like if people weren't allowed to stand up for what they believe in. We'd be like Putin's Russia, Kim's North Korea or, even worse, Trump's United States.

Oh for heavens sake pull yourself together!

• Chizz said:

You either agree that people should be allowed and encouraged to voice their opinion (even when the vote goes against them) or you don't, though

But you didn't just posit a viewpoint for debate, you introduced Tony Blair into the equation and now you are feigning surprise that people are focusing on the messenger instead of the message.
    Chizz said:

Imagine what this country would be like if people weren't allowed to stand up for what they believe in. We'd be like Putin's Russia, Kim's North Korea or, even worse, Trump's United States.

I didn't introduce Tony Blair into the equation!
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I think it was me that introduced Tony Blair into the equation. As anyone can see from the thread title! ;-)

Well it is a politics thread. I guess we have to expect that Fiiish will turn up sooner or later.
  • edited February 2017

iainment said:

Next up to support the anti-Brexit campaign

[removed]
    You really are an unpleasant toad aren't you.
  • iainment said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I think it was me that introduced Tony Blair into the equation. As anyone can see from the thread title! ;-)
    Ah yes, schoolboy error. Solly Chizz.
    I think my point still stands though as regards the message being tainted by virtue of the messenger.
  • iainment said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I think my point still stands though as regards the message being tainted by virtue of the messenger.
    My view is this: those people that concentrate on denigrating Blair yesterday, seemed tacitly to admit that they didn't have a counter-argument to the view he was putting forward.

I am certainly not surprised that lots of people have leaped forward to throw oprobrium in his direction. But, in doing so, they've ignored the argument.

I am not saying I agree with the argument that he's become the most important person in Bitish politics, again (as some have put forward). But it's an interesting and timely intervention. Because he's stirred up the debate by diametrically opposing the views Theresa May has been putting forward since she switched sides in June. And he's doing it much more effectively than the "real" opposition.
  • Chizz said:

iainment said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

My view is this: those people that concentrate on denigrating Blair yesterday, seemed tacitly to admit that they didn't have a counter-argument to the view he was putting forward.

I don't subscribe to your view and think you are being tad disingenuous.