Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How bad at betting are you?

Because I am an absolute disaster zone!

Been looking down my settled bets list, I have lost 29 out of my last 30 bets. My last 'win' was a paltry 9.17 off a fiver bet on Belgium v Italy in the Euro's.

What's your ratio generally like looking down your settled bets?

Comments

• Admire your honesty!
  • I feel you have something to contribute here @MummysLittleSoldier...
  • What a refreshing change for someone to admit they lose. Most people are clearly the same, just not honest about it.
  • Shite. Always bet on Charlton.
  • I bet I'm worse than any of you
  • Nice to see @Algarveaddick extend team old olive branch
  • I probably average about a 1 in 20 win ratio on small football acca's
  • Football betting this season is a nightmare, so I gave up football betting months ago.
  • Placed 6 bets in my life I think, lost them all. And given the amount of scores I get wrong in the super 6 thing, I don't think betting is for me.
  • Just when I thought I had turned a corner, Oxford got an injury time equaliser against Dartford (Dartford, Wealdstone, Poole treble).
  • Sponsored links:

• My first bet at 17 won at 25/1, 4 horse race selhurstparkflyer for obvious reasons.
    That was about 1993, finally gave up all betting in August last year.
    I'd won a few big bets but I could write a book on the bets that could have changed my life had I 'gone for it' or cashed out/didn't cash out
    The last being a rizla away from £79k at about August time last year.
    I've not bought a lottery, raffle ticket, even a scratch card since then.
  • Just check out the beat the bookie thread and you'll see how bad I am. I've had one treble up this year and lost every other one.
  • edited February 2017

Nice to see @Algarveaddick extend team old olive branch

Say me piece, crack on with it mate. Life's too short to fall out.
  • Looking at my paddy power account I've roughly worked my win ratio to be about 65%.

Tend to pick up more winnings on golf or Rugby rather than football.
  • Nice to see @Algarveaddick extend team old olive branch

Stay me piece, crack on with it mate. Life's too short to fall out.
    Amen
  • I bet on the hare once, it lost.
  • Looking at my paddy power account I've roughly worked my win ratio to be about 65%.

You betting generally on singles or multiples?

You betting generally on singles or multiples?

I generally go with singles. That said, I do a £10 football accy usually do £5 on 4 teams to win, £3 on 3 draws and £2 on a combination of both.

Goals galore is a good one as the bet is always open until the final whistle.

But any other sports I stick to singles.

Reckon you ought to stop putting Charlton in.
  • Mostly really poor, not too many wins at all.

Been a couple of times I've been so close, a couple of times where I have called it almost absolutely spot on, a more times where I've lost it by someone equalising in the last minute or something similar.

Last good one I was really pleased about was the Championship play off final last season. Put Hull to win 1-0 and Diame to score, won a fair amount back which was pleasing.

The rest however is shocking, finding betting this season really hard, so many unpredictable results.
  • For example, Doncaster and Newcastle let me down yesterday for £193
  • Sponsored links:

• Just check out the beat the bookie thread and you'll see how bad I am. I've had one treble up this year and lost every other one.

Ditto.
    Same as last year when I think I was last person to win out of everyone who had played every week.

I don't have any online betting accounts and will very rarely go down bookies. Have couple of Cheltenham lucky 15's etc just choosing horses others bet on the thread that usually is on here.
  • Because I am an absolute disaster zone!

Been looking down my settled bets list, I have lost 29 out of my last 30 bets. My last 'win' was a paltry 9.17 off a fiver bet on Belgium v Italy in the Euro's.

What's your ratio generally like looking down your settled bets?

Give up the betting and stick with the Charlton Life Prediction League....................oh, hold on a minute :smile:
  • edited February 2017
    @Charltonparklane what was that August bet mate? Horses?
  • Utterly appalling, which is why I don't apart from occasional euromillions tickets.
  • Shocking mate. I don't bet often and luckily when I do it's not a lot.
  • I am breakeven over the last year and bet around 50 quid a week. Tend to win in batches then have barren patches too. Currently close but no cigar, I like accumulators and also request a bets. Today I bet on Gabbiadini to score and soton to win at 10-1 with my last tenner. Also Norwich let me down for a 5 fold today for 150.
  • Only bet once a year, with peanuts picks, on the national. Was up last year but expect I'll lose this year now I have to rely on my own knowledge.

Worked in betting shops as a youngster and that is probably why I am not a gambler.
  • only really back the nags, dabble on the football, won today on man utd and btts, at 3/1 chucked the winnings on psg to win who are currently winning 2-0, on average i do think i win more than i lose, but only tend to bet on the weekends, unless the big racing festivals.
  • @Charltonparklane what was that August bet mate? Horses?

Yes matey 4 out of 5, lowest price 8/1
  • Ouch

Good luck staying off mate