Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Doubt Rudd wants another season in league 1

We'll be signing Joe Hart for next season anyway
  • Norwich should appoint Rowett.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39232229

Alex Neil sacked by Norwich. Strange timing, maybe the owners have written off this season and want to get the next guy in as soon as possible

9 points off the play offs, with 10 games to go. I'm not surprised.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39232229

Alex Neil sacked by Norwich. Strange timing, maybe the owners have written off this season and want to get the next guy in as soon as possible

Was given the vote of confidence in January.

Not sure about that decision personally. Probably pays the price for not signing a top striker for two seasons in a row.
    They should have been 2nd behind Newcastle. Disappointing season.
  • edited March 2017
    Alex Neil can still look back a proud man. Did brilliantly when he first arrived and took the club to the Premier League. Absolutely destroyed Middlesbrough in the Playoff Final.

Struggled in the prem, but what promoted side doesn't? fans can hardly be unhappy.

Hasn't worked out this year for him but not a terrible season, just a bit up and down. I imagine the board wanted to do a Dyche with him and see if he could get them straight back up.

Needless to say, fans on the Norwich Forum are celebrating his departure. Just cementing my conclusions that football fans are the biggest morons on the planet. I suspect the problem is that Neil didn't win the champions league.

Overall, a good 8.5/10 appointment I'd say.
  • Norwich have just been added to my "Go fuck yourself" list of clubs then. How does Pardew keep getting these jobs.
  • Seen Norwich a few times this season and have definitely under performed this season.
    The manager appeared to stick to a rigid diamond formation with one striker even when they were losing.
    Their defense looked really fragile.
    Lots of fan unrest.
    I wonder if the timing of his sacking (Friday) was after Glasgow Rangers announced the appointment of a foreign manager, a job that Alex Neil was apparently connected with, and would have saved the club a 2 million severance fee. Just a thought.
  • Wigan get rid of Joyce after 4 months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39255049

there is a mathematical formula for managers getting sacked .. PPP = ISWC

where p = piss = poor = performance .. & ISWC = instant, sack, with, compensation
  • Aitor Karanka has been sacked by Middlesbrough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be time for Yoyo McClaren

Good. Needed to do something. Make a good appointment and keep the pressure on Palace.
  • Slightly strange timing. It might have been influenced by the bust-up with Stuart Downing (who's quite close to the owner Steve Gibson)
  • can't see they have anything to lose, everything to gain. As long as they don't appoint the Wally.

Aitor Karanka has been sacked by Middlesbrough.

he walked out last season, the relationship has been bad for a while .. can't think of a fire fighter manager who is available to come in to save the YoYoing 'Boro .. could be yet another North East double, boro and the Mackems for the drop
  • Pearson favourite for Boro job

he walked out last season, the relationship has been bad for a while .. can't think of a fire fighter manager who is available to come in to save the YoYoing 'Boro .. could be yet another North East double, boro and the Mackems for the drop
    And if Newcastle were to drop out of the top two and so fail to come back up...

Leaves the whole of the North East without a Premier League team

He was missing for the game at the Valley, so missed the stressball disruption, then curiously came back straight after
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/16/aitor-karanka-middlesbrough-sacked-tactics-clashes-players
    Agnew was disappointed to see Jordan Rhodes, his nephew, sidelined by the manager and offered no chance to show whether his Championship goalscoring feats could be replicated in the top tier. Part of the problem was Karanka felt Rhodes, now at Sheffield Wednesday, did not fit into his 4-2-3-1 system and could not operate as a lone striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• The old school way of managing seems to be on its way out. There's a lot of "head coaches" about and a number of clubs actually have a transfer panel. Chelsea and spurs being two of them
  • I know it's not the traditional way of doing it but a transfer panel I think is a good idea, provided the people on it are competent.... and thus it will never work under RD.
  • jams said:

I know it's not the traditional way of doing it but a transfer panel I think is a good idea, provided the people on it are competent.... and thus it will never work under RD.

Yeah but Katie enjoys doing it herself so end of discussion.
  • You really have to despair at club ownership these days.

Looks like Wolves are set to sack Paul Lambert because he wanted to have control over the players that get brought into the club... note this is a Manager who came in and saved Wolves after they decided to hire Walter Zenga (replacing Kenny Jackett) this time last season... Now after Lambert has saved them from relegation, they're going to replace him with another foreign Manager in ex-Porto boss: Nuno Espirito Santo!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39896630

Owners like this really do deserve relegation forced upon them each season... the fans however do not!!

Lambert is probably better off out of it. Was always doomed from the moment he said he'd be mainly looking at British signings whereas Wolves now only tend to buy players who are managed by Jorge Mendes.

Lambert is good enough to get another, if not better, championship job.
  • First up for the season... Justin Edinburgh has gone from Northampton..

They were poor against us and haven't got a point all season but even so, four games?

They were poor against us and haven't got a point all season but even so, four games?
    Dont worry they'll have plenty of time to sign a new Manager and get in some of his own players

Oh hang on!!
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/27/northampton-town-league-one-chinese-takeover

Wasn't aware of their recent financial injection, but would imagine the investors had quite high expectations for this season.

4 games is madness, but not remotely surprising in this day and age.
  • used to be all Chinese takeaways .. now it's nothing but Chinese takeovers