Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ketman v South Africa

All going wrong again.

Rothko - they desperately need some of your positive spin!

Comments

• If Bell and Cook can get a decent partnership going then its not all that bad, if Cooky can go on and get a ton as well, it aint over yet by any stretch.

Not Rothko, but positive!
  • I am dying with anticipation, what is the score :-)
  • We're 82-3 at lunch. Vaughan continued his great form with a golden duck.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

Rothko - they desperately need some of your positive spin!

None left, the miserable bitters have sucked it out of me.
  • Strauss tying with Vaughan for 'chump of the day' after stepping back onto his wicket... d'oh
  • Vaughan needs to be dropped
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Vaughan needs to be dropped

How can you possibly say that about the team's leader? Chopping and changing never did any good. Got to give him a chance at least until November ;-) ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]If Bell and Cook can get a decent partnership going then its not all that bad, if Cooky can go on and get a ton as well, it aint over yet by any stretch.

Not Rothko, but positive!

Well said, mate!
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Vaughan needs to be dropped

How can you possibly say that about the team's leader? Chopping and changing never did any good. Got to give him a chance at least until November ;-) ;-)

yadda yadda.

He's not batting well enough to have his place, end of. Peter Moores can stay
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Vaughan needs to be dropped

Captain or not, he's there to get runs. And so far in this series his scores are 2,0,21 and 0. An average of 5.75
  • Sponsored links:

• But did Vaughan hit it?

He was unlucky today but when you are in a bad run you always get these decisions.

IMO a capatain keeps his place in the side despite his form if the side are winning and at the moment we look almost certain to lose this series (going on how the games have started to go).
  • Bring in Robert Key as captain I say, (and find out if Yasser mum once landed in the UK when she was pregnant ) ;-)
  • Ha! i've got a ticket for Saurday...i wonder if i'll get to see any play?
  • Did you hear his bizzare exchange with Aggers last night? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/7532521.stm That's a man whose grasp is slipping on the Captaincy

I find the whole Collingwood recall thing totally bizzare... dropped cos he was out of form yet recalled for what reason a week later! Bopara and Shah must be wondering what they have to do to get in the side short of inventing a time machine and going back to play in the Ashes 05 series
  • I was thinking who you could bring in for Collingwood and Vaughan, and Shah and Bopara were obvious choices, so is Fat Bob, and maybe Ed Joyce
  • Fat Rob, Sales, Denley could also do a job... problem is with Vaughn and Collingwood gone who would be captain?
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Fat Rob, Sales, Denley could also do a job... problem is with Vaughn and Collingwood gone who would be captain?

Monty! Everyone loves Monty!
  • Cook, Strauss, KP or Freddie for Captain.

How long can a team who aren't batting well, carry two batsman who aren't scoring?
  • I can't believe we bring Harmy back and then don't bloody pick him. Instead Collingwood gets back in who has done feck all since going back to Durham.

Broad has scored more runs than Vaughan, struass and collingwood on his own and gets dropped.

Not freddie for capt - too much on his shoulders as it is. Vaughan should stay as captain but the bloody selectors need to give him a voice in selection. Can you imagine Goochy putting up with this nonsense
  • edited July 2008
    Fat Bob is really unlucky not to have had a much longer England career. When he toured Australia a few years ago, the Aussies thought he was the real deal and they can spot 'em.

I think since then he's matured as a batsman and a captain. He's in form at present. I have liked Vaughan as a captain, although he is prone to the odd lapse, but I think, like the Aussies we should pick the best players and then pick a Captain. That means finding a replacement for Vaughan who's form just isn't good enough. Either somebody like Key or bring in Bopara at No3 and promote Strauss or KP as Captain. Personally on that basis I'd promote KP.
  • Sponsored links:

• has anybody got a link to the pictures like somebody put up last time?
  • How about?

Strauss
    Cook
    Key
    Pietersen
    Bell
    Shah
    Flintoff
    Ambrose/Prior/Jones G, who cares
    Jones, S
    Anderson
    Panesar
  • Foster is by a country mile the best keeper in England
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Foster is by a country mile the best keeper in England

Read is the best 'keeper.

I would however agree that Foster is probably the best wicketkeeper/batsman.
  • yeah I probably should have said that. As a batsman he can probably hold his own at 4 or 5
  • 153-4 Cook's out.
  • i have been keeping a close eye on foster lately, he is a mate of a guy i work with, and i reckon he is the best glove man, i havnt seen him make a single handling error, and thats in 2020, pro 40 and a county champ match, he has to be included!
  • Foster is a great keeper, not sure about the batting to be honest.

And now Collingwood is in, what's the chances, that he'll dig in for an hour, score 7 and then edge one to second slip?
  • **** me, I was bang on with that, he got 4 instead!
  • lol u legend